• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I never ate an avocado. / OP edited with Update: I did it (video inside)

Your boy SalvadorAllende in here with a confession...

I never ate an avocado in my life. Honestly my parents never bought one when I was kid and when I grew up I realized that it was a trend and every single hipster here was obsessed with avocados.

Fast forward to today.. there is a huge avocado tree at work and my coworkers handled me one. Being on a budget (I'm poor) I have to eat whatever they put in front of me. It's a matter of principles.

So there you got. They told me I have to wait 2 or 3 days to eat it. I'm kind of nervous. What if I like it and become an avocado zombie addict like everybody else?

How should I eat this?

Anyways... here you got the pic:

View attachment 675753

Just spread it on toast, add a little salt. They are good and one of the best sources of healthy fats. Palta Hass are the best ones, they are pretty common in Argentina.

P.D. instead of saying "I never ate..." Say "I've never eaten".

It's the same as "nunca comí" en vez de decir "nunca he comido".

Me entendés?

https://hinative.com/en-US/questions/504740

Just spread it on toast, add a little salt. They are good and one of the best sources of healthy fats. Palta Hass are the best ones, they are pretty common in Argentina.

P.D. instead of saying "I never ate..." Say "I've never eaten".

It's the same as "nunca comí" en vez de decir "nunca he comido".

Me entendés?

https://hinative.com/en-US/questions/504740
Gracias papá.

imagine being such a massive f a g g o t that you're hesitant to try something just because it's popular.
Took a quick look of your posting history. You are an incredible negative person.

You need hug? PM me. Don't be sad silly.
Just realized that your inexperience with avocados along with your dainty and silky hands could be a recipe for utter disaster.

Avoid trying to pierce the seed, hard to get it in and easy to come out the other way once it has, it is slightly annoying how it sticks to the fruit but don't give in to the temptation of extracting it with any fancy knife motions. I suggest using a spoon for now as you get acquainted with the mechanics of this berry.

Avocado-Cooking-Worst-Fail-EVER-600x800.jpg
Thanks for the advice brother. I saw my ex gf cutting this things for years so I know that the seed must be removed by hand.

They're pretty bland. They're only good for extinguishing the burning effects from spicy foods

I never ate an avocado in my life. Honestly my parents never bought one when I was kid and when I grew up I realized that it was a trend and every single hipster here was obsessed with avocados.

Not eating a food just because hipsters like it and you're trying to be contrarian - is acting exactly like a hipster.

Who the hell cares who eats it or not? It's just a food. Eat it if it tastes good and it's health benefits for yourself.

I fucking hate avocados, guacamole, anything to do with avocados.

Me neither until recently after seeing so many articles say it's a healthy food with healthy fat. It's not bad. I ate some via Taco Bell. If you leave it around too long, bugs will eat right through the skin and it can get moldy. It doesn't have to be squishy to eat. Shouldn't be too solid and hard either.

Don't listen to all the fancy folk, hipsters.

Just bite into it like an apple and eat it like a man.

I like blueberries in an avocado shake.
Mangos.
You can make a green one with avocado and spinach or kale, celery.

Delicious vegan fat with those avocados.
A little shot of coffee is nice in an avocado shake.

Your boy SalvadorAllende in here with a confession...

Fast forward to today.. there is a huge avocado tree at work and my coworkers handled me one. Being on a budget (I'm poor) I have to eat whatever they put in front of me. It's a matter of principles.

So there you got. They told me I have to wait 2 or 3 days to eat it. I'm kind of nervous. What if I like it and become an avocado zombie addict like everybody else?

How should I eat this?

Anyways... here you got the pic:

View attachment 675753
Avocado slices on a fried chicken sandwich is the best.

Avocados are a health food. How good do you possibly think they could be?

I could eat avocados most days of the week.

Custom sandwich from tonight. I did add
a few drops of siracha.

LhwE39R.jpg

Avocado on toast is super bomb. Just make sure to put enough salt and pepper on it as avocado is pretty bland without s&p.

And of course delicious on a sandwich.

Renergy breakfast sandwich, bro.

Holy shit. Can't believe this video is 10 years old already.

Back