I loved Anderson Silva vs Maia fight

Ahhh yes,

Not the performance you want out of your main event when holding your first event in Dubai after having sold a 10% stake in the company to some Dubai Sheik, lord, King or Businessman or whatever he was.

Actually it's Dubai. It could've been a Garbageman back then ponying up a few mil.

The only issue I have is that for someone who constantly preached about respect and honor, Anderson was a bit disrespectful a few times.....this being one of them. It was especially surprising b/c they are both Brazilian.

Because clowning your opponent the entire fight is a more dominant way to win than KO.
Shit, you can win fights via clowning, don't even have to actually fight, and sometimes they don't even count.
Just watch Diaz vs Silva.

I don't know why people shit on this fight so much.

Anderson Silva put on a clinic and I love how he clowned Maia, it was hilarious to watch.

Personally I like to see clowning more than brawls. It was a show of complete domination by the superior striker.

If there's anyone to blame for the lack of action it's Maia, it's not Anderson's fault he looked like he didn't belong in the ring with him. He was scared to attack.

i agree, the first two rounds were classic.
goat

This is next level hipster shit.

First two rounds and half were amazing. Everything else afterwards was an embarrassment.

Still, some of Anderson's best clowning antics were in this fight before he started to flat out run away from Maia.

Qo27KxL.gif

My favorite MW in Maia and my most disliked MW in Anderson.

And Anderson toyed with him, i hated the fight. i'm still salty.

A bit cringey, but Maia didn´t do SH1T so i felt Anderson´s frustration there.

I agree, the clowning was pretty entertaining to watch to be honest.

I'd rather forget that fight. I'll remember UFC 112 for this.

2rdeqo5.jpg

I enjoyed his behavior. I will always love clowning in MMA and boxing.

Ali behaved just the same.

LOL....

You can stop trying to polish that turd. It's embarrassing.

Ali fucked around, and beat the shit out of his opponent. He didn't avoid fighting the entire time because he felt it was too risky.

Anderson fucked around, and did nothing else, because he didn't want to risk being taken down and submitted. This was while he was being promoted as the best fighter in the world.

Then after the fight he told everyone to fuck off, and he didn't owe you anything.

Brock vs Hunt us my fight of the year so far.

TS, no you fucking didn't.

Stop lying.

As a huge Anderson fan, I hated that fight. It was terrible. Worse than the Brock vs Hunt fight. Worse than Machida vs Henderson, even.
what was wrong with brock/hunt or machida/henderson?

The first few rounds were sick. Silva was displaying his lighyears above the rest level speed and striking. After that though it turned into a real WTF is this moment

A bit cringey, but Maia didn´t do SH1T so i felt Anderson´s frustration there.

Maia looked like a beginner thrown in the ring to spar a boxing champ. Basically just holding hands high and not doing anything else.

Back