I loved Anderson Silva vs Maia fight

This is probably a troll thread but I found it rather amusing as well.

Especially when he started immediate other fighter's styles.

The "Royce" had me dying. Lol

First 3 rounds were great and yea Maia didnt start fighting till the 5th round and Anderson needs his opponent to attack to counter.

the fight in a nutshell.....

the facial expressions of dana, ed soares, maia and anderson all on point

wCTbc1p.jpg

haha epic.

Anderson was just so dam good back in the days,

sad people dont appreciate him more. probably because hes brazilian

I thought that fight was hilarious.

The first 13 minutes were impressive from Anderson. Too much clowning (it gets old when taken past a certain point) but he landed good straights and leg kicks and just basically proved that he was an amazing striker (again). Then... he stopped fighting. And clowning. And talking. He landed enough to just eke out the 4th and lost the 5th with Miragliotta threatening to take a point for timidity. Honest to goodness, Anderson ran from K1 Maia, got caught by K1 Maia's big left hand *snicker* multiple times and lost that round. The thing is, I have no clear idea why that happened. He wasn't gassed like Joe and Goldie were saying I don't think cuz he was still moving just as quickly as in the 1st when he actually chose to strike and he showed none of the traditional signs of exhaustion.

Did he just get tired of this particular fight? Did he ever actually address why he stopped fighting in a contest he was clearly dominating?

Back