I loved Anderson Silva vs Maia fight

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know why people shit on this fight so much.

Anderson Silva put on a clinic and I love how he clowned Maia, it was hilarious to watch.

Personally I like to see clowning more than brawls. It was a show of complete domination by the superior striker.

If there's anyone to blame for the lack of action it's Maia, it's not Anderson's fault he looked like he didn't belong in the ring with him. He was scared to attack.

If he was so superior, why didn't he just finish the fight?
I think that was the main problem.

If he was so superior, why didn't he just finish the fight?
I think that was the main problem.

Because clowning your opponent the entire fight is a more dominant way to win than KO.

I also agree that it wasn`t that bad but Anderson should have finished that fight, he still put a beating on Maia and made him look like an amauter, a guy who could easily be fighting for the 170 title now.

It was embarrassing to watch.

It was a perfect display of superior striking. Maia was scared to death to even engage. Anderson Silva kept the range well and made Maia sure he will make him pay if he tries anything.

TS, no you fucking didn't.

Stop lying.

As a huge Anderson fan, I hated that fight. It was terrible. Worse than the Brock vs Hunt fight. Worse than Machida vs Henderson, even.

I also agree that it wasn`t that bad but Anderson should have finished that fight, he still put a beating on Maia and made him look like an amauter, a guy who could easily be fighting for the 170 title now.

Clowning > finishing the fight.

Because clowning your opponent the entire fight is a more dominant way to win than KO.
It definitely isn't.
Look at it from the opponents side.
Do you want a guy dancing around or KO you?
I'd prefer the dancing around.

It definitely isn't.
Look at it from the opponents side.
Do you want a guy dancing around or KO you?

Maia would definitely prefer to be KOd that night than having to endure someone clowning and provoking him the entire night. Anderson hit him when he wanted him, he made him scared to death.

Maia would definitely prefer to be KOd that night than having to endure someone clowning and provoking him the entire night. Anderson hit him when he wanted him, he made him scared to death.
I'd prefer keeping my brain healthy than risking how I look

i thoroughly enjoyed the first 15 minutes. it was not a 'clinic', but it was hilarious clowning. i laughed as hard as i've ever laughed during a bout.

and then the next 10 minutes ruined the memory. Silva was in such clown mode that when he went to engage and fight, he was awful.

so 15 minutes of hilarity followed by 10 minutes of mediocrity (at best), and none of the 25 minutes was quality fighting. certainly not what i watch the sport for.

glad you enjoyed it though.

hwiix5.jpg

s6udj9.jpg

wre4bp.jpg

Anderson-LOL.gif

I love to see boring grapplers owned like this.

the fight in a nutshell.....

the facial expressions of dana, ed soares, maia and anderson all on point

wCTbc1p.jpg

d456a49bcd065aa8c6329fba72df1ff57a405043a65550bdcb8e105301b76498.jpg

The fight was a complete and utter snoozefest, most of it was just staring, and failed takedown attempts, even Anderson wasn't that active with the striking. it was awful. I brought that PPV.. it was bad. The whole event was bad.

K1 Maia was hard to watch.

Backpack Maia is a true great though.

I don't know why people shit on this fight so much.

Anderson Silva put on a clinic and I love how he clowned Maia, it was hilarious to watch.

Personally I like to see clowning more than brawls. It was a show of complete domination by the superior striker.

If there's anyone to blame for the lack of action it's Maia, it's not Anderson's fault he looked like he didn't belong in the ring with him. He was scared to attack.
tumblr_m9cmnymGCy1rq8de5o1_500.gif

I liked it too. It wasnt a great fight, but Silva was still magical

Back