I Like How...

Cratos

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...With the exception of one or two, the current "moderators" of the S&P+C make absolutely no contribution to the forum. Some are all but completely inactive.

What the fuck is up with that? Seriously.

Usually, on an internet forum, the moderators are quite active and essentially assume a leadership position, imparting informed and experienced advice/opinions.

No, this is not a troll thread and no this is not a joke.

It's the summer holidays, probably playing outside or on holiday like most of the earth at this time.

They're too busy training, much like you should be!

thread_backfire.jpg

It's the summer holidays, probably playing outside or on holiday like most of the earth at this time.

What about the rest of the year?

why do you care?

Why shouldn't I?

It's pretty retarded when mods can be inactive in and not contribute anything to the forum, yet swoop in and lock threads without explanation.

They're too busy training, much like you should be!

LOL! How many of the S&P mods currently train and/or have an active log?

For what it's worth, I agree with you, but I doubt most mods like their position. It does not sound fun.

For what it's worth, I agree with you, but I doubt most mods like their position. It does not sound fun.

I don't believe they're forced into the position.

because their inactivity doesn't affect you at all

Not directly

Supposedly, S&P mods are those who have a fair amount of experience in the area of strength training. As far as I'm aware, mods are also chosen, in part, based on their contributions to the forum.

If that is actually the case, then I'm sure there's a lot of good knowledge on various subjects not being shared by them being inactive. That affects the forum.

You've only recently started posting here.

I strongly dissagree with you. I like mods and want to get in their asshole and stay there forever. I also like forum gods with oppinions that can not be discussed. A lot of love here.

moderators-gotta-love-far-side-demotivational-poster-1253481309.jpg

Hockey i've missed you too

Supposedly, S&P mods are those who have a fair amount of experience in the area of strength training. As far as I'm aware, mods are also chosen, in part, based on their contributions to the forum.

That is often a secondary concern. They're primarily just chosen because they've shown proper judgment and are willing to do this shitty piece of work for free even though people (like you) always complain that they aren't present enough.

I agree that it's always preferable to have moderators that are visible and active, but remember that they aren't payed to do this. You don't get to expect or demand any of that.

It is a shame that they don't seem invested in the success of the subforum.

Hey, the mods here have done a crapload for these forums over the years.

Remember, everyone was contributing in one way or another before the whole WC debacle happened.

Then everyone disappeared, not only the mods.

Why do you care? Why is it a problem that the mods don't contribute to the forum, why does it matter?

I suppose you think that people who will spend a lot of time helping in this subforum, should be it's mods, but I don't think it really matters, I just don't care.

guys, maybe he wants to be a mod. Hes trying to complain about the ones who arent on so they get fired and they hire him.

Hey, the mods here have done a crapload for these forums over the years.

Remember, everyone was contributing in one way or another before the whole WC debacle happened.

Then everyone disappeared, not only the mods.

There were missing mods far before the WC saga.

It was pretty obvious why everyone left. Why stay at a worse forum when there is a better forum?

Why do you care? Why is it a problem that the mods don't contribute to the forum, why does it matter?

I suppose you think that people who will spend a lot of time helping in this subforum, should be it's mods, but I don't think it really matters, I just don't care.

I already answered why I care and the issues with most of the mods being nonexistent.

Thank you for sharing that brilliant little bit at the end. Congrats on your recent almost BW push press.

Somebody wants to be a mod...

Fuck, Bacon, I can't get shit past you.

guys, maybe he wants to be a mod. Hes trying to complain about the ones who arent on so they get fired and they hire him.

Exactly.

I like it here, and I want this forum to keep its shit together.

But come on guys, Cratos has a point here. I can see mods not contributing much due to not having enough free time. But if they don't contribute at all, then it is more likely they just don't give a shit.

I mean, most moderators hardly contributed in the "post incident" discussion of how to improve this forum. Another telling fact is that the http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/beginners-noob-questions-thread-1208361/ that DS started has a total of 500 posts. Only two posts are from mods (both are likkuid's btw). And drBdan's thread (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/faq-update-beginner-intermediate-routines-1210858/) is yet to be added to the FAQ first page.

I personally don't have an issue with mods not contributing to the discussions, as long as it is clear that caring about S&P+C is not part of the reason why they are chosen as moderators (all these years it's been an unwritten fact that mods are active participants in the S&P+C community and not just here only to lock threads when they are against forum policy).

I don't care too much either about the absence of moderator participation but I can still see that Cratos has a point (these positions aren't mutually exclusive). It's a fair question to ask.

One odd phenomenon is that some posters that have been elevated to mod-status have become less active. For example, enright used to share some really informative and technical advice. After becoming mod, he no longer does this and, instead, has become the forum curmudgeon.

Back