I Like How...

interesting-thread.gif

Not sure what you meant with that "Thank you for sharing that brilliant little bit at the end", and for some reason, it also seems to me you are being sarcastic, but I really can't tell (English isn't my first language, so I'm just not sure :D).

I just don't see a real reason why you would mind the fact that mods don't help as much. Mods are here for locking threads, banning people etc... If someone needs help, there's plenty of people here who will give the right advice.

If there would be different mods, what would it help? It wouldn't really help with more good stuff being contributed to the forum, there would only be a different group of people locking threads etc...

My favorite part is the: Congrats on your recent almost BW push press. I was thinking the same thing the other day, and I do lurk 7.5 hours a day M-F. I think it is a combination of WC incident and the Northern Hemisphere's summer. Also there isn't much more to say about getting stronger, it's just a matter of finding the information that has already been listed and applying it to work outs.

Last edited:
I like it here, and I want this forum to keep its shit together.

But come on guys, Cratos has a point here. I can see mods not contributing much due to not having enough free time. But if they don't contribute at all, then it is more likely they just don't give a shit.

I mean, most moderators hardly contributed in the "post incident" discussion of how to improve this forum. Another telling fact is that the http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/beginners-noob-questions-thread-1208361/ that DS started has a total of 500 posts. Only two posts are from mods (both are likkuid's btw). And drBdan's thread (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/faq-update-beginner-intermediate-routines-1210858/) is yet to be added to the FAQ first page.

I personally don't have an issue with mods not contributing to the discussions, as long as it is clear that caring about S&P+C is not part of the reason why they are chosen as moderators (all these years it's been an unwritten fact that mods are active participants in the S&P+C community and not just here only to lock threads when they are against forum policy).

I asked the mods to add my (awesome) thread to the FAQ but the first post in the FAQ is currently actually over the max character limit so it cannot be changed at this point which is why it hasn't been changed.

Of course it brings up the question of why no mod has tried to start a discussion about creating a new FAQ, which brings us back to Cratos's point about the mods not helping to lead the forum.

As I said, there are a couple mods who still post and answer questions.

The vast majority, however, are nowhere to be found.

I asked the mods to add my (awesome) thread to the FAQ but the first post in the FAQ is currently actually over the max character limit so it cannot be changed at this point which is why it hasn't been changed.

Of course it brings up the question of why no mod has tried to start a discussion about creating a new FAQ, which brings us back to Cratos's point about the mods not helping to lead the forum.

Actually, I do believe it is a very helpful thread. It is a more through answer to the "Q: What kind of routine should I follow?" than what is currently in the FAQ, which was the reason for creating the thread in the first place. That is why often link to it myself.

The "max character" issue, is a problem with a very easy and obvious answer to anyone caring enough to deal with it. In your thread, you included the 2-day and 3-day programs already mentioned in the SP of the FAQ thread. It would make sense to replace those with your link, in which case there would be room to spare.

I for one thrive in the absence of authority.

I blame the Misses. He quit posting in S&P a long time ago.

Cratos you definitely have a valid point but perhaps there was a more tactful way to voice this issue.

There's definitely a couple mods who have been MIA, a couple others who have gotten too busy recently to mod, and a couple others who primarily mod other forums or have become too frustrated to mod. What does this all mean? I dont know.

In the past 5 years, I've witnessed exactly 2 skyboat sitings. I hear he was the tits.

Well there was a Wildcat sighting and everyone thought it was awesome.

/end

Back