• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I like Fedor, but you guys are such prisoners of the moment.

Putting so much effort into questioning hyperbole on effing sherdog seems like a giant waste of time to me.

Fans will always get carried away and this forum is full of trolls and legit stupid people. So don't take every thread seriously but with a grain of salt.

Well, if we're being honest, let's start with the fact that Stipe is nothing special, and that he made a career out of beating over the hill fighters.
Perhaps he has, I personally have always been critical of Stipe supporters as I do think there is a way to beat him and I think we may see that against DC.

That said, Stipe would sleep Fedor with the quickness.

In late here but anybody that thinks Fedor can hang with the top tier HW talents needs a slap.

Perhaps he has, I personally have always been critical of Stipe supporters as I do think there is a way to beat him and I think we may see that against DC.

That said, Stipe would sleep Fedor with the quickness.

He would probably win via size and youth, not quickness.

You think there's a way to beat him ? You mean like Struve beat him ?

Stipe is lucky he's in a geriatric division.

Again, he's a cool dude and I feel bad for shitting on him.

He would probably win via size and youth, not quickness.

You think there's a way to beat him ? You mean like Struve beat him ?

Stipe is lucky he's in a geriatric division.

Again, he's a cool dude and I feel bad for shitting on him.
The Struve fight was a fluke and Stipe was still fairly green, he's a much better fighter now.

Also, when I say "with the quickness" I didn't mean literally, I meant figuratively, as in Fedor will be finished quickly.

Fedor wings punches, Stipe would box him up like Maldonado and he'd be out inside the first round.

Not Ngannou. You can hate on his wrestling but Stipe did take so many power shots in that fight, Gave them right back and still had the energy and power to blast a double leg takedown from one side of the cage and literally run Francis all the way into the other cage and then being driven enough to force him down and keep him there. That requires some great conditioning and will. Both men were obviously tired but Stipe was able to push through the pain and fatigue and that's why he is champion. Fedor still has the type of will and he would fight till death but his body and the skills that come with youth have faded. All he is now is a super dangerous brawler who fights like he knows his time is running out.

Everything that looks impressive in the Ngannou fight is based on the UFC hyping someone that trained for 4 years.

The Struve fight was a fluke and Stipe was still fairly green, he's a much better fighter now.

Also, when I say "with the quickness" I didn't mean literally, I meant figuratively, as in Fedor will be finished quickly.

Fedor wings punches, Stipe would box him up like Maldonado and he'd be out inside the first round.

Again, we're on the same page that Stipe has the odds in his favor.

But he is not an exceptional fighter so giving Fedor a shot, even a 20% shot is not that crazy.

Last edited:
Everything that looks impressive in the Ngannou fight is based on the UFC hyping someone that trained for 4 years.

Lethal punching power is still lethal punching power. We must give credit to Stipe's chin and toughness to take those shots and not cower like 99% of humans on Earth.

It is a little silly to pretend either Mir or Fedor are world class at this point.

mitrione was/is top 5-10 lmfao
You're on crack cocaine my friend.

Dude has had 18 fights and he's already 40.

8 of 13 wins are over absolute no names. 5 wins he has of note are also not even that impressive, a completely over the hill Fedor and Nelson, Gonzaga (overrated), Lewis early in his career and Shawn Jordan (meh).

Let's not ever say that Matt fucking Mitrione should be beating Fedor Emelianenko.

Frank Mir also wasn't fighting easy fights to his credit.

Fedor just got knocked out by Matt Mitrione guys. You want to start jumping around and saying that he somehow proved his GOAT status last Saturday, when only a few months ago he was slept by a guy who is barely in the top 10 in the world, if that. What about the Maldonado robbery that was shockingly never overturned? He was beat within an inch of his life against a small Light Heavyweight, a poor one at that.

Thoughts...?

TUF_Brazil_3_finale.0.jpg

cNcHyyY.gif

The current average age of the 10 fighters who fought Stipe in the last 5 years...

Francis Ngannou - 30
JDS - 34
Alistair Overeem - 37 - Fought at LHW when Fedor was PRIDE HW Champ
Fabricio Werdum - 40 - First man to stop Fedor
Andrei Arlovski - 39 - Was KO'd by Fedor
Mark Hunt - 44 - Submitted in PRIDE HW Title Fight by Fedor
JDS - 34
Fabio Maldonado - 38 - Fought Fedor
Gabriel Gonzaga - 38 - Retired
Roy Nelson - 49 - IFL Champ when Fedor was PRIDE Champ.

More than 1/2 of those fighters are from Fedor's era.

He fought Werdum to get the Title, and to get his Title shot, Stipe's last 3 wins were Andrei Arlovski, Mark Hunt, and Fabio Maldonado!!

20100626092250_img_1678.jpg

Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Andrei-Arlovski-mma-3784521-500-294.jpg

B6MM9wPCAAEtcK_.png

5776afd9c46188c9188b4567.jpg

Last edited:
You're on crack cocaine my friend.

Dude has had 18 fights and he's already 40.

8 of 13 wins are over absolute no names. 5 wins he has of note are also not even that impressive, a completely over the hill Fedor and Nelson, Gonzaga (overrated), Lewis early in his career and Shawn Jordan (meh).

Let's not ever say that Matt fucking Mitrione should be beating Fedor Emelianenko.

<36>
he wrecked lewis (#6)

arlovski is what? 10-12?
<36>

mitrione improved A LOT ... fucken dipshit.

matt is a top 5,6,7,8,9 or 10 ... just pick one.
<Fedor23>

its hw breh.

cNcHyyY.gif

The current average age of the 10 fighters who fought Stipe in the last 5 years...

Francis Ngannou - 30
JDS - 34
Alistair Overeem - 37 - Fought at LHW when Fedor was PRIDE HW Champ
Fabricio Werdum - 40 - First man to stop Fedor
Andrei Arlovski - 39 - Was KO'd by Fedor
Mark Hunt - 44 - Submitted in PRIDE HW Title Fight by Fedor
JDS - 34
Fabio Maldonado - 38 - Fought Fedor
Gabriel Gonzaga - 38 - Retired
Roy Nelson - 49 - IFL Champ when Fedor was PRIDE Champ.

More than 1/2 of those fighters are from Fedor's era. He fought Werdum to get the Title, and to get his Title shot, Stipe's last 3 wins were Andrei Arlovski, Mark Hunt, and Fabio Maldonado!!
Yes, but Stipe destroyed all 3 of them, they weren't competitive lol. When you compare Mir's performances against Hunt and Arlovski, then we see what sort of difference we are dealing with.

Stipe ran through Maldonado, Fedor lost to him (minimum a draw).

We can all agree that the Heavyweight division is a mess, but I don't even think Fedor would beat JDS or Overeem personally, he definitely isn't beating Stipe.

I wish he would, I would like nothing more than Fedor to be the UFC champion, it was be incredible lol.

<36>
he wrecked lewis (#6)

arlovski is what? 10-12?
<36>

mitrione improved A LOT ... fucken dipshit.
Stop looking at rankings.

If you think that Derrick Lewis is a good fighter, then please go and watch the Mark Hunt fight, or even watch the awful fights with Nelson, Tybura and Travis Browne. He was losing almost every one of those fights.

If you genuinely just brought up Arlovski, then I don't know what to tell you.

Guy, wake up. The Heavyweight division is ridiculously top heavy. Ngannou, Velasquez, Miocic or dos Santos would sleep almost all of those guys ranked 8-15 and beyond.

I agree...Fedor was absolutely fantastic in his prime...But he no longer has the reactions he used to..not even close. Before he used to be quite calculating and relatively safe when he was fighting...He's also slowed down quite a bit which has hurt his game....Now it just seems like he's trying to finish fights in under a minute and his strategy, in general, is really poor with no thought as to how he should approach these fights (which is different than it was before). A good example is Mitrione...Old Fedor would've taken him down and submitted him...

The sad thing is people look at these fights and think this is an example of Fedor from years ago...when it isn't even close..

Back