I know this sounds like clickbait. But MMA fighters need to stay in their lane.

Not quite. To only have one opponent with a winning record in your first 7 pro fights? And even that guy only had 1 more win than he had losses. Kimbo was in the UFC prior and had been street fighting for years. You'd think he'd have aimed a bit higher.
look at the first 7 fights of the following fighters
David Benavidez
Frank Sanchez
George Kambosos
Murat Gasiev

there is virtually no difference in the records of opponents when compared to Kimbo's opposition. Boxing has a bad habit of making undefeated fighters with records that arent really up to snuff. MMA has that problem a bit as well (Douglas Silva De Andrade is one example) but it is nowhere near as prevalent as in boxing.

look at the first 7 fights of the following fighters
David Benavidez
Frank Sanchez
George Kambosos
Murat Gasiev

there is virtually no difference in the records of opponents when compared to Kimbo's opposition. Boxing has a bad habit of making undefeated fighters with records that arent really up to snuff. MMA has that problem a bit as well (Douglas Silva De Andrade is one example) but it is nowhere near as prevalent as in boxing.
There are fighters with comparable records in their first 7 but that's not as common as you think it is. The idea is to progressively step up. Their records gradually improve as they continue to win. Look at Tevin Farmer's record for example. He had no amateur experience or any combat sports background at all. There's nothing wrong with padding a bit to start but Kimbo's record is a joke.

@Blastbeat I just checked those guys' records. While they're bad they're not Kimbo bad. They also have a legitimate excuse. All but one of the fighters you listed were teenagers when they turned pro. Benavidez was only 15/16 and had little to no amateur experience. Same with Gassiev.

@Blastbeat I just checked those guys' records. While they're bad they're not Kimbo bad. They also have a legitimate excuse. All but one of the fighters you listed were teenagers when they turned pro. Benavidez was only 15/16 and had little to no amateur experience. Same with Gassiev.
i picked them basically at random because theyre all well known world level guys from different weight classes.
i guess no one was there early in Kimbo's life to encourage him to box. the street fighting is just what he was exposed to and therefore wound up doing.

i picked them basically at random because theyre all well known world level guys from different weight classes.
i guess no one was there early in Kimbo's life to encourage him to box. the street fighting is just what he was exposed to and therefore wound up doing.
The backyard brawling stuff is still better than having no background at all throwing punches. Then he fought in the premier MMA org. Kimbo was 29 or 30 when he turned pro in boxing. He was still in his physical prime years (minus some knee arthritis). Whoever was handling him did him a real disservice by feeding him cans every time out. Fighters can't properly develop that way. They could've at least only padded every other fight while giving him a solid fighter in between.

Yes, no one cares what this forum thinks and yet here you are posting in it. LOL.

Indeed and i know i have no influence in what a broader audience would think.

But you're certainly as influential as iFL TV since you're posting here.

Also not an Usyk hater, just stating facts : already a controversial win with only 5 fights (but he mainly fought top contenders, so it's a criteria to take into account) + way too short resume to make such a strong claim about his chin.

Indeed and i know i have no influence in what a broader audience would think.

But you're certainly as influential as iFL TV since you're posting here.

Also not an Usyk hater, just stating facts : already a controversial win with only 5 fights (but he mainly fought top contenders, so it's a criteria to take into account) + way too short resume to make such a strong claim about his chin.
Usyk has only had 5 heavyweight fights so far but he's had a total of 10 world title fights in his career. That's more than some greats had. His chin has already been tested by many of the hardest hitters across two divisions: Breidis, Gassiev, Joshua (2x), Dubois, and in the amateurs he fought Beterbiev (3x). That's about as proven as it gets.

The backyard brawling stuff is still better than having no background at all throwing punches. Then he fought in the premier MMA org. Kimbo was 29 or 30 when he turned pro in boxing. He was still in his physical prime years (minus some knee arthritis). Whoever was handling him did him a real disservice by feeding him cans every time out. Fighters can't properly develop that way. They could've at least only padded every other fight while giving him a solid fighter in between.

I think whoever managed Kimbo did not know his career would last only 7 fights or that he'd be gone soon. They probably thought they were building up Kimbos resume to lead to something bigger.

I think whoever managed Kimbo did not know his career would last only 7 fights or that he'd be gone soon. They probably thought they were building up Kimbos resume to lead to something bigger.
At the rate he was being brought along it would've taken at least 20+ fights before he was even put in with anyone half decent. That's fine if you had no amateur boxing career prior, or you turned pro extremely young, but he was a grown man and former professional MMA fighter that fought in the UFC.

Usyk has only had 5 heavyweight fights so far but he's had a total of 10 world title fights in his career. That's more than some greats had. His chin has already been tested by many of the hardest hitters across two divisions: Breidis, Gassiev, Joshua (2x), Dubois, and in the amateurs he fought Beterbiev (3x). That's about as proven as it gets.

My point is only about the HW division and nothing else.

He did well against Joshua but had a controversial win against Dubois.

Not to mention that Usyk is very hard to hit : it's more a testament of his very good defense than his chin in the HW division.

My point is only about the HW division and nothing else.

He did well against Joshua but had a controversial win against Dubois.

Not to mention that Usyk is very hard to hit : it's more a testament of his very good defense than his chin in the HW division.
Even just looking at his brief heavyweight run thus far, he's been in with AJ twice and Dubois back-to-back. Both have big power. He boxed a total of 24 rounds against AJ & 9 against Dubois. That's 33 rounds against heavy hitters that couldn't seriously hurt him or put him down by punching him in the head.

No, it's not mostly due to Usyk's defense. Floyd was excellent defensively and he still had a great chin. Usyk is very good, but not great defensively, with an excellent chin.

So, you think boxers will come over, fight for less money, and get beat the fuck up?

Let me know how that works out.

No one is going to go into the octagon or work with Dana for pennies when they can box, or put on works with influencers. Even if they get paid the same in boxing as they would for MMA, they're still not absorbing kicks, getting choked out, and savouring the occasional eye poke for good measure.

He was on the path to the NFL until the hurricane derailed his dreams. Why would any athletic heavyweight today waste there time getting beat up in any combat sport vs playing team sports and getting payed millions and not getting their brains beat in. That's why the heavyweight division is trash.

No, it's not mostly due to Usyk's defense. Floyd was excellent defensively and he still had a great chin. Usyk is very good, but not great defensively, with an excellent chin.

I'm certain he does have a good chin, but saying he has the best chin in the division after such a short resume in the division is far too stretched to me.

Sure it's almost only against very hard punchers, but none of them landed on him cleanly : Joshua was keep failing to hit his head, no matter what. Same thing for Dubois. Hence why both tried body shots, because they could not land on Usyk.

I remember only one decent punch from Joshua and that's it (timestamped) :

But then again, not a very powerful punch and that was after several rounds when Joshua was already exhausted. Usyk was not completely fresh too, but Joshua is an explosive fighter who's far more dangerous in the beginning than at the end.

I'm certain he does have a good chin, but saying he has the best chin in the division after such a short resume in the division is far too stretched to me.

Sure it's almost only against very hard punchers, but none of them landed on him cleanly : Joshua was keep failing to hit his head, no matter what. Same thing for Dubois. Hence why both tried body shots, because they could not land on Usyk.

I remember only one decent punch from Joshua and that's it (timestamped) :

But then again, not a very powerful punch and that was after several rounds when Joshua was already exhausted. Usyk was not completely fresh too, but Joshua is an explosive fighter who's far more dangerous in the beginning than at the end.

The consensus is that Usyk has the best chin in the division. It isn't just me saying it. Secondly, Joshua absolutely did test his chin in both fights. Especially in the first fight. He even caught Usyk coming in with a perfectly timed straight right hand on a couple occasions (mid rounds). These were hard shots that landed flush on the button. I suggest you rewatch the first fight. You literally can't miss it because Usyk's legs buckled. The difference is that he instantly recovered.

The consensus is that Usyk has the best chin in the division. It isn't just me saying it.

What consensus ? Never heard of it not to mention i don't care.

Secondly, Joshua absolutely did test his chin in both fights. Especially in the first fight.

No he didn't, hence why you don't show me those punches.

He rarely landed on Usyk, but never with powerful punches.

Agreed. Man I wish boxers would forget about money for a minute n had the balls to fight in MMA once or twice why does it always have to be mma fighters going to boxing

You wish boxers didn’t have the balls to take repeated punches to the head? Punches that would have you clinging back onto grandmother’s teet for comfort, body warmth, and milk??

What consensus ? Never heard of it not to mention i don't care.

No he didn't, hence why you don't show me those punches.

He rarely landed on Usyk, but never with powerful punches.
Probably because you don't follow boxing very closely. Joshua landed quite a few hard straight right hands in their fights. Here's one of the most memorable shots from the first fight. A perfectly timed straight right hand counter that buckled Usyk's legs. He walked Usyk into it which doubled the impact.

[timestamped]

Probably because you don't follow boxing very closely. Joshua landed quite a few hard straight right hands in their fights. Here's one of the most memorable shots from the first fight. A perfectly timed straight right hand counter that buckled Usyk's legs. He walked Usyk into it which doubled the impact.

I know this punch and it's not a big punch. Once again, Usyk does have a good chin, but nothing incedible here.

We've seen far worse elsewhere : Joye Joyce got way more cleaner powerful punches from Dubois. If you deny this fact, then you're incredibly biased or you don't know anything about boxing.

Not only that but much earlier in the fight where explosive fighters hit way harder.

Back