I know this sounds like clickbait. But MMA fighters need to stay in their lane.

The consensus best welterweight in the world but couldn't beat a 5-to-1 underdog in Cory Spinks (who already had 2 losses prior) for the undisputed welterweight title? Okay. Diaz is a marijuana smoker. He doesn't smoke cigs. Mayorga chain smoked them. He was also an alcoholic and had the worst work ethic in the sport.

Revisionist history. There’s a reason he was that big of a favorite. He beat Vernon Forrest twice who was The Ring magazine champion and had just whooped Shane Mosley twice. So you don’t think smoking Marijuana is bad for your lungs?

Revisionist history. There’s a reason he was that big of a favorite. He beat Vernon Forrest twice who was The Ring magazine champion and had just whooped Shane Mosley twice. So you don’t think smoking Marijuana is bad for your lungs?
He never beat Mosley. In fact, Mosely was the one that stopped him twice. Mayorga beat Andrew Lewis & Vernon Forrest twice at Welterweight to collect the WBA & WBC titles. He then fought for undisputed and he lost. Then he moved up in weight.

Marijuana is bad for your lungs if you smoke it. However, tobacco is smoked much more frequently than pot. You're not smoking several joints per hour but many cigarette smokers do. You're really reaching with all of this.

Edit. My mistake. I thought you were saying that Mayorga beat Mosley. Yes, Forrest beat Mosley and then Mayorga beat Forrest. However that boxing "triangle theory" you were searching for here didn't work out. When Mayorga fought Mosley he lost.

Last edited:
He never beat Mosley. In fact, Mosely was the one that stopped him twice. Mayorga beat Andrew Lewis & Vernon Forrest twice at Welterweight to collect the WBA & WBC titles. He then fought for undisputed and he lost. Then he moved up in weight.

Marijuana is bad for your lungs if you smoke it. However, tobacco is smoked much more frequently than pot. You're not smoking several joints per hour but many cigarette smokers do. You're really reaching with all of this.

Edit. My mistake. I thought you were saying that Mayorga beat Mosley. Yes, Forrest beat Mosley and then Mayorga beat Forrest. However that boxing "triangle theory" you were searching for here didn't work out. When Mayorga fought Mosley he lost.
I’m not reaching with anything. Mayorga was once the consensus best Welterweight in the world and has an 0-3-0, 1 NC record in MMA. The guy I replied to said this which is objectively false and you are seemingly defending his statement:

“Boxers already went over, and won.
The argument is over.
Boxing wins.”

I’m not reaching with anything. Mayorga was once the consensus best Welterweight in the world and has an 0-3-0, 1 NC record in MMA. The guy I replied to said this which is objectively false and you are seemingly defending his statement:

The argument is over.
Boxing wins.”
You're counting a shot 40 year old smoker & alcoholic. That's the definition of reaching. Then you said that Mayorga was undisputed and he never was. He was welterweight lineal champion for only a matter of months until he faced a 5-to-1 underdog that took it from him and the undisputed title (WBA, WBC & IBF titles were all on the line).

All of the notable boxers that've crossed over were well past it by the time they tried their hand at MMA. The latest couple former top boxers, Glowacki & Szpilka, entered MMA last June. They're respectively 1-0 & 3-0 in MMA right now.

You're counting a shot 40 year old smoker & alcoholic. That's the definition of reaching. Then you said that Mayorga was undisputed and he never was. He was welterweight lineal champion for only a matter of months until he faced a 5-to-1 underdog that took it from him and the undisputed title (WBA, WBC & IBF titles were all on the line).

All of the notable boxers that've crossed over were well past it by the time they tried their hand at MMA. The latest couple former top boxers, Glowacki & Szpilka, entered MMA last June. They're respectively 1-0 & 3-0 in MMA right now.

Youre arguing against stone cold facts here son.

Youre arguing against stone cold facts here son.
I'm arguing against someone that I've already proved wrong. Notice the only person providing context, the fine details that you conveniently left out, is me. Mayorga was the #1 rated welterweight in 2003 and he lost that distinction the very same year to Cory Spinks who was a big underdog. Now fast forward 10 years, after Mayorga was already a 40 year old shot fighter, this is when he transitioned to MMA.

@StewDogg11 Remember this? Mayorga blew smoke in Din Thomas' face at their 2010 pre-fight press conference. A moment later he backhanded his ass lol.

really, thats not how i remember the fight?
Yes. Even looking at power punches landed Mosley outlanded him 7 rounds to 3 (2 rounds were dead even). Mosley literally beat him in every single statistical category there is apart from punch output: Total connects, jabs, and power connects. His accuracy was also much higher across the board.

Edit. Mosley also dropped him prior to finishing him in the last round. Here's a fight recap.

Last edited:

I’m talking about this son, it simply isn’t true:

The argument is over.
Boxing wins.”

What’s that supposed to prove? Mayorga is a low class piece of trash? Yeah we already knew that.
It was funny. Thomas also clearly milked it. Laughably bad acting on his part.
I’m talking about this son, it simply isn’t true:

The argument is over.
Boxing wins.”
I'm not your "son" Stewart. Ever heard of a straw man argument? It's fallacious reasoning and you're making one right now. My point was simply that all of the top boxers that crossed over were washed by then. They were irrelevant in boxing and 40+ years old. Mercer was closer to 50.

It was funny. Thomas also clearly milked it. Laughably bad acting on his part.

I'm not your "son" Stewart. Ever heard of a straw man argument? It's fallacious reasoning and you're making one right now. My point was simply that all of the top boxers that crossed over were washed by then. They were irrelevant in boxing and 40+ years old. Mercer was closer to 50.

So were all the MMA fighters who made the switch to boxing besides Ngannou who in part made the switch because his knees are shot. Move along now son.

So were all the MMA fighters who made the switch to boxing besides Ngannou who in part made the switch because his knees are shot. Move along now son.
There have been a lot of MMA fighters that have switched to boxing over the years. How convenient of you to label them all old. Guys like Aldo, Jeremy Stephens, and Pettis were only 36. That's still mid 30s.

Francis made the switch because boxing is where the money is. That's why he signed with the PFL because they gave him the opportunity to box on the side and stock in the company.

It's utterly hilarious how daft you are.

@StewDogg11 Let's look at some of the younger UFC fighters that crossed over. McGregor, obviously, was still in his physical prime years. He was only in his late 20s and already had a youth amateur boxing background. He never looked the same after Floyd beat him down. That fight ruined him.

Tim Hague wasn't old when he crossed over. Especially for a heavyweight. By the time he picked it up again he was only in his early 30s. Unfortunately he died the next year at age 34 due to ring-related injuries he suffered against Braidwood in 2017.

John Moraga also wasn't old when he switched. He made his pro boxing debut in his late 20s. A few years ago Marc Castro stopped him. Dropped him several times even with just his jab.

Clay Collard only had like 1 win in the UFC but he was still 24-12 overall in MMA. In boxing he's just 9-6-3 and he's lost his last 4 consecutive fights. Been stopped twice already.

Last edited:
Oh yeah because boxing is known to pay boxers in their second boxing match millions of dollars, right ?

Completely irrelevant argument wasting my time.

UFC pays you according to your value. Joshua has a lot of value so he will get all the money he wants for a single fight in the UFC (no one asking him a MMA career). Ngannou had a decent value after his fight against Fury, hence why he got several millions despite being his second boxing fight only.
You keep saying that but where's your proof? Go look up what Lesnar earned under the UFC. Guy is one of the best known WWE wrestlers of the past 25 years and reportedly the highest paid one (12 mil a year and that's while working sporadically. Dude is a part timer).
Now yeah, if you believe some sources he is the winner of the highest single fight payout in UFC history at between 7-8 mil. How does that match up to his name value? He even said after his UFC stint that he should have been paid more.

There have been a lot of MMA fighters that have switched to boxing over the years. How convenient of you to label them all old. Guys like Aldo, Jeremy Stephens, and Pettis were only 36. That's still mid 30s.

Francis made the switch because boxing is where the money is. That's why he signed with the PFL because they gave him the opportunity to box on the side and stock in the company.

It's utterly hilarious how daft you are.

If you don’t think Pettis is shot then I don’t know what to tell you. Stephens has only fought other MMA fighters in boxing and is beyond shot as well. Aldo has only fought Stephens and some boxer I’ve never heard of and is returning to the UFC.

Former undisputed world champion Ricardo Mayorga has a sterling MMA record of 0-3-0, 1 NC.
Only fight I saw was him kneeing a guy in the back, and winning, but it being turned over because he kneed him in the back.
So much for "real fighting".
Guy got kneed in the back and rolled around like a sack of shit like he got shot.
Jeremy Williams 5-0.
Let's talk about that.

Back