I know I'm not the only one. Have the left swayed you towards the right?

Gazwald

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I grew up on the left. Family weren't overly political but were definitely on the left. In the UK a lot of issues that have arisen in the last decade or so weren't really issues to most people. Gun control and abortion aren't really debated here, for obvious reasons. We don't have a two party system, which has positives and negatives- We're not as divided but our elections are are just a load of rich public schoolboys slamming each others' dick in the fridge and there's no point in voting.

Brexit and Trump/Hilary woke me up. The left's narrative is just "Do what we tell you or you're racist/sexist/homophobic!!!" They control the media and they're getting into the education system and brainwashing children. They're putting labels on everything in an attempt to divide us so they can do whatever they want while we all fight each other. Globalism is suicide for the human race.

I disagree with a lot of far right/religious right posters, but I'll happily and humbly admit I was wrong. The regressive left are mental and their narrative is blatantly obvious.

Milo and Ben Shapiro are excellent public speakers and I agree with most of their points.

PS. Alex Jones is still a twat.

I completely understand where you're coming from but, here's my two cents.

If you identify as a left leaning individual and you believe in the things that you do for reason then stay that way. The left and Democrats in general have turned into a bunch of losers that don't know how to win and have forgotten about the people they claimed to support.

There is an identity crisis amongst left-leaning individuals and especially the parties that claim to represent them, but at the end of the day, It doesn't mean that progressive liberal values aren't worth it anymore it just means that we have piece of shit spokesmen who are bought and paid for and don't have enough of a spine to fight for anything they "supposedly" believe in.

Don't let the losers of the left push you towards ideologies that don't agree or identify with.

But that's just me...

It's called the middle.

Terrible left and terrible right both push me away

Absolutely. Im a 2x Obama voter and ive hopped on the Trump train. It's happening in droves.

They definitely made me not ever want one of those lunatics in any kind of power again. But I've always been a libertarian. Although I didn't know I was a libertarian until this year.

I completely understand where you're coming from but, here's my two cents.

If you identify as a left leaning individual and you believe in the things that you do for reason then stay that way. The left and Democrats in general have turned into a bunch of losers that don't know how to win and have forgotten about the people they claimed to support.

There is an identity crisis amongst left-leaning individuals and especially the parties that claim to represent them, but at the end of the day, It doesn't mean that progressive liberal values aren't worth it anymore it just means that we have piece of shit spokesmen who are bought and paid for and don't have enough of a spine to fight for anything they "supposedly" believe in.

Don't let the losers of the left push you towards ideologies that don't agree or identify with.

But that's just me...

Good post. It's just in the UK it's not really left vs right. It's a bunch of public schoolboys talking shit vs a different bunch of public schoolboys talking shit. They're not necessarily opposed on stuff. As I said we're not as divided as the states, but there are a lot more people who completely disregard politics and voting.

I don't think you've actually changed position. It's the left who has been moving towards an ever ridiculous direction.

They definitely made me not ever want one of those lunatics in any kind of power again. But I've always been a libertarian. Although I didn't know I was a libertarian until this year.
I've seen a few libertarians who didn't know that there was a word describing their political position. However, has knowing that "libertarian" is a thing changed how you think about politics? I've found that I tried to conform somewhat to existing political lexicon but having Trump smash through all that has made it easier for me to have views that would otherwise be conflicting

It's called the middle.

Terrible left and terrible right both push me away

See, this is theoretically true. There's people on the right who complain about SJWs and their safe spaces etc that get "triggered" in every sense of the word at the mere mention of Islam. It's hilarious. If you disregard the complete crazies, I'm favouring the right. I'm identifying more with right wing policies than left wing policies right now, and that's a surprise to me to say the least.

I grew up on the left. Family weren't overly political but were definitely on the left. In the UK a lot of issues that have arisen in the last decade or so weren't really issues to most people. Gun control and abortion aren't really debated here, for obvious reasons. We don't have a two party system, which has positives and negatives- We're not as divided but our elections are are just a load of rich public schoolboys slamming each others' dick in the fridge and there's no point in voting.

Brexit and Trump/Hilary woke me up. The left's narrative is just "Do what we tell you or you're racist/sexist/homophobic!!!" They control the media and they're getting into the education system and brainwashing children. They're putting labels on everything in an attempt to divide us so they can do whatever they want while we all fight each other. Globalism is suicide for the human race.

I disagree with a lot of far right/religious right posters, but I'll happily and humbly admit I was wrong. The regressive left are mental and their narrative is blatantly obvious.

Milo and Ben Shapiro are excellent public speakers and I agree with most of their points.

hi there Gazwald,

i'm not sure if the activities of liberals has swayed me to the right, but i will say that the riots in Charlotte made me, once and for all, very critical of the Black Lives Matter movement.

i feel less and less sympathetic to their "plight".

- IGIT

Good post. It's just in the UK it's not really left vs right. It's a bunch of public schoolboys talking shit vs a different bunch of public schoolboys talking shit. They're not necessarily opposed on stuff. As I said we're not as divided as the states, but there are a lot more people who completely disregard politics and voting.

Different part of the world but same problem it sounds like.

The main problem is everybody talking shit and saying one thing but then doing another behind closed doors. And people don't come out to vote for the "good guys" because nobody believes their bullshit and no one should. That's why you have Brexit and we have the Donald.

There are idiots on both sides, and the idiots scream the loudest.

I've seen a few libertarians who didn't know that there was a word describing their political position. However, has knowing that "libertarian" is a thing changed how you think about politics? I've found that I tried to conform somewhat to existing political lexicon but having Trump smash through all that has made it easier for me to have views that would otherwise be conflicting

No, I view things as I always have. I just got interested this year because of the crazy political climate, so I started taking a lot of political spectrum quizzes and reading up on libertarianism and I was like yep that's me. But I don't agree with every single aspect of their philosophy, just almost all of them. But no way I was voting for Gary Johnson, Trump all day.

There are idiots on both sides, and the idiots scream the loudest.

I know most people just vote and that's it. Only the vocal minority cause shit. I'm just starting to notice a really dangerous faction of the regressive left. Their mentality is toxic to society and they're pushing their narrative through the media and increasingly, in the education system.

Yep. And in School/College/Uni I was as left as they come, communist manifesto carrying, card carrying, signed up ideologue.

Grew up in a pretty ardent left/Labour voting family.

Saw through their shit with the rise of Tony Blair/New Labour and the more left they went. Will never ever vote for Labour under Corbyn or any Blairites, primarily because of their pandering to certain demographics/SJWs and their policy of keeping certain classes dependent on welfare.

And for clarity, can't stand tories either or any of the right leaning parties. Farage is probably the only guy I could've willed myself to vote for right now, and he's totally fucking unlikeable.

IMO there aren't any viable options to vote for right now in UK politics regardless of which side of the fence you're on. May, Corbyn, Farron, all of whom I wouldn't trust to run a piss up in a brewery.

Yep.

I still have liberal social views, but I've become a nationalist and apparently I'm also an alt-right.

Absolutely, this election and the past couple years and current events have taught me that I have very little in common with many of my liberal colleagues and Friends.

Their actions and their efforts to shut down free speech demonstrate just how far they have missed the mark when it comes to liberalism.

Yep.

Grew up in a pretty ardent left/Labour voting family.

Saw through their shit with the rise of Tony Blair/New Labour and the more left they went. Will never ever vote for Labour under Corbyn or any Blairites, primarily because of their pandering to certain demographics/SJWs and their policy of keeping certain classes dependent on welfare.

And for clarity, can't stand tories either or any of the right leaning parties. Farage is probably the only guy I could've willed myself to vote for right now, and he's totally fucking unlikeable.

IMO there aren't any viable options to vote for right now in UK politics regardless of which side of the fence you're on. May, Corbyn, Farron, all of whom I wouldn't trust to run a piss up in a brewery.

This is the number one problem with British politics- confusion.

Tony Blair was the definition of a Thatcherite and he didn't even hide it. They're all just opportunists looking for the right moment. They're all in bed together.

Alex Salmond walks into Westminster after slandering English politicians for years... It's WWE shit. They're all in bed together.

Back