I Just Want To Hear Dana or Someone's Reasoning

I just asked him how wasted was he when he came to that decision.

I think they know Werdum is not going to be a long-term champion. He just ain't that good. They don't want the HW belt to be passing hands every fight or two. In spite of his last fight, of all the fighters in the roster, Cain seems a more reasonable candidate to be the kind of stable champion that helps consolidate the belt.

qg83KeU.gif

This forum is full of whining fucking babies, if you don't agree with a fight matchup here's what you do......

.....You don't watch it!!

I think they know Werdum is not going to be a long-term champion. He just ain't that good. They don't want the HW belt to be passing hands every fight or two. In spite of his last fight, of all the fighters in the roster, Cain seems a more reasonable candidate to be the kind of stable champion that helps consolidate the belt.

That, and of course his Mexican heritage. Adding to that that there's no real uncontroversial deserving contender, makes this an easier sell.

Real talk. How does one consolidate an already unified belt? There is only one UFC HW champion; Werdum already consolidated it by beating Cain, as he was the interim champion after beating Hunt.

That's simply not true. A small handful of Cain nuthuggers have been vocal about it, but that's all.

Werdum is superior to Cain in every way.

An Arlovski/Werdum rematch would have been great, hopefully Cain gets injured again and fight Bigfoot again for the lulz.

After the fight, I seen a lot of people saying as much, and many of them weren't nuthuggers.

In fact, the altitude seemed to have an effect on everyone that night. I'm not one of these people writing off the impact Werdum had by punishing Cain's body. But I would be naive to say the altitude had nothing to do with it. I'm also not going to pretend I know what will happen when they fight again. I can see it going either way.

You are so full of horseshit. Just because Cain's ridiculous hatebags have been far more vocal doesn't mean the "small handful" of rational and objective fans won't be laughing and rubbing shit in your face after the rematch. I've bookmarked this page and I hope you'll still be here to eat the crow you get served.

Haha fine by you slack-jawed yokel, an account bet might even be a better idea, but I'm scared it will give you even more time to chase your poor sisters in the hills when you don't have your Sherdog account anymore.
Oh well you still have Stormfront to comfort you right?

Make sure to bookmark this
images

We can't have that happening again... :icon_conf

And if Cain wins will it be Cain/Werdum 3 next fall?

I doubt they will grant Werdum the same favor. Suddenly they will say "look, there are so many contenders, nobody wants to see an immediate trilogy".

After the fight, I seen a lot of people saying as much, and many of them weren't nuthuggers.

In fact, the altitude seemed to have an effect on everyone that night. I'm not one of these people writing off the impact Werdum had by punishing Cain's body. But I would be naive to say the altitude had nothing to do with it. I'm also not going to pretend I know what will happen when they fight again. I can see it going either way.

The crazy thing about this whole situation was that Werdum (Brazilian) was perfectly prepared for the fight, but Cain ("Mexican") wasn't because the fight happened in Mexico :icon_conf

I think that was the reason many people laughed at that excuse. It's his home country, he if the UFC's face of Mexico and his excuse is that the fight happened there.

But yeah Cain obviously could beat Werdum in a rematch.

But unlike the Conor/Mendes fight (another high-profile fight in which stamina played a big part), Cain had a LOT of time to prepare for his cardio. And he chose not to.

I think that's the reason most fans aren't willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and aren't happy about an immediate rematch, especially since Cain has already had so many.... and the HW division is pretty thin, that would have been cool to watch him take on a new guy.

You are all asking why this fight is happening? I don't think it's rocket science. It's because every MMA fan was blowing up social media and MMA forums arguing over whether or not altitude and ring rust played a part. The fact that many people don't believe we truly got to find out who the better fighter was under more "normal" conditions. I'm not sure an immediate rematch was the intended result. But when two guys fight for a title, and all of the buzz is still questions about who is better...well, buzz indicates interest, and the only way to answer the question is to have them fight again. Just sayin'.

People still wonder who is better, and then wonder why the UFC makes a decision that would attempt to answer that question. I get why people don't want it, but nobody should be too surprised that it is happening.

Then Cain should have been stripped of his title, and the first fight should not have happened.
A Werdum win was always going to result in 'buzz' about whether or not Cain was prepared, since (altitude aside) he was coming into the fight off of a long layoff. If they'd fought in Vegas and Werdum won, everyone would have been questioning whether it was ring rust instead of the altitude.

Because the UFC tends to do the stupidest fucking most annoying possible fucking stupid fucking thing that could ever do in any case because they suck and they're annoying and joe silva sucks **** and Dana White is a fucking *********

I think this sums it up nicely.

I doubt they will grant Werdum the same favor. Suddenly they will say "look, there are so many contenders, nobody wants to see an immediate trilogy".

"Look, Cain is more marketable and he appeals to the meheecan demographic so we have to try and protect our cash cow. That reminds me, gotta call Bigfoot about that title shot."

This is the most undeserving rematch in UFC history!

Because the UFC tends to do the stupidest fucking most annoying possible fucking stupid fucking thing that could ever do in any case because they suck and they're annoying and joe silva sucks **** and Dana White is a fucking *********

Well said. But they're brilliant geniuses because they're at the helm at the UFC (according to the fanbiys and shills)

I like this fight. Lets see how Sea Level Cain compares to Elevation Cain.

i literally think the ufc doesn't care about the hw division. Its finally getting interesting with fights like overeem vs jds (if it happens, stipe vs rothwell, mir vs aa, werdum as a new champ and they want cain to possibly win the title, and possibly end up fighting at most once a year? Not to mention they hardly ever bring on new exciting hw's. Cain doesn't deserve a rematch plus hes injury prone, the ufc should try and keep cain away from a titleshot as much as possible if they care about the division at all.

Back