I Just Want To Hear Dana or Someone's Reasoning

Not a big fan of Cain and I really didn't want to see this rematch right now.

But c'mon, I think he deserves it.

Exact opposite

Fan of Cain but I can see the obvious truth that an insta-rematch when A) there are viable contenders and B) the fight wasn't close and C) Cain wasn't a long-time champ makes the rematch beyond fucking stupid

You are all asking why this fight is happening? I don't think it's rocket science. It's because every MMA fan was blowing up social media and MMA forums arguing over whether or not altitude and ring rust played a part. The fact that many people don't believe we truly got to find out who the better fighter was under more "normal" conditions. I'm not sure an immediate rematch was the intended result. But when two guys fight for a title, and all of the buzz is still questions about who is better...well, buzz indicates interest, and the only way to answer the question is to have them fight again. Just sayin'.

People still wonder who is better, and then wonder why the UFC makes a decision that would attempt to answer that question. I get why people don't want it, but nobody should be too surprised that it is happening.

I hate hate hate immediate rematches. Bullcrap. Unless there was some kind of controversy in the decision maybe or something happened that doesn't make the new champ seem legit ... I mean Can got his ass handed to him. He's not deserving of an immediate rematch.

Controversy? Something that makes it not seem legit? You mean like half of MMA fans believing that if not for altitude and ring rust, Cain is the better fighter and would win?

You are all asking why this fight is happening? I don't think it's rocket science. It's because every MMA fan was blowing up social media and MMA forums arguing over whether or not altitude and ring rust played a part. The fact that many people don't believe we truly got to find out who the better fighter was under more "normal" conditions. I'm not sure an immediate rematch was the intended result. But when two guys fight for a title, and all of the buzz is still questions about who is better...well, buzz indicates interest, and the only way to answer the question is to have them fight again. Just sayin'.

People still wonder who is better, and then wonder why the UFC makes a decision that would attempt to answer that question. I get why people don't want it, but nobody should be too surprised that it is happening.

It's crazy because you could probably sell many more tickets by hyping up an Arlovski-Werdum resurgence match for the title. How could you pass up a nostalgic heavyweight fight in general even more so if it were for the title.

Don't worry, Cain won't make it to the fight and we'll get a match-up people actually care about.

It's crazy because you could probably sell many more tickets by hyping up an Arlovski-Werdum resurgence match for the title. How could you pass up a nostalgic heavyweight fight in general even more so if it were for the title.

I'm not saying you are wrong or that I disagree, but we are just assuming that. We live in a bubble. I've heard people make similar arguments about other fighters or fights, and heard journalists respond by talking about other fighters getting more traffic on the websites. I know some might disagree, but the people making the fights aren't idiots. I'm sure they have more reliable ways of measuring interest beyond a few hundred hardcore fans on a forum saying they would rather see Arlovski or Miocic. They may have some data that shows there is more interest in Cain.

Arlovski's comeback is great, and a lot of us who were around when he was knocking out Buentello and Eilers and enjoying this. But your newer casual fan might not be into it the way we are.

I'm not saying you are wrong or that I disagree, but we are just assuming that. We live in a bubble. I've heard people make similar arguments about other fighters or fights, and heard journalists respond by talking about other fighters getting more traffic on the websites. I know some might disagree, but the people making the fights aren't idiots. I'm sure they have more reliable ways of measuring interest beyond a few hundred hardcore fans on a forum saying they would rather see Arlovski or Miocic. They may have some data that shows there is more interest in Cain.

Arlovski's comeback is great, and a lot of us who were around when he was knocking out Buentello and Eilers and enjoying this. But your newer casual fan might not be into it the way we are.

Cain is still more well known than Arlovski at this point.

Casuals will buy any good sounding excuse, like sea level Cain, injuries, etc.

Werdum/Cain 2 sells more than Werdum/anyone at this point, that's why they're doing it.

I mean, that's why they are trying to do it, until Cain gets hurt and pulls out.

Its because Cain let werdum win for this reason.

they are hoping to sign fedor so when cain gets hurt they can do that match up

I hope they give Cain an outrageous advantage by holding the match in a diving bell 1 mile BELOW Sea level. Then his nuthugggers will complain he lost because he was "cold" or "had the bends" or "drowned".

Dana is still convinced that Cain is his key to all of Mexico.

Cain has fought 3 different fighters in the last 5 years....It's actually mind blowing.

Don't worry, Cain won't make it to the fight and we'll get a match-up people actually care about.

I came here to post this.

If this is typical Cain we talking about here, chances are he's gonna get injured anyway and we will get a fight we actually want to see.

No disrespect to Cain, but fuck instant rematches.

Couldn't care less - they'll have a low PPV buy & Cain will have his head bobbled like before. Easy $ for Werdum.

I would actually like to hear this from Dana

Back