I hate to say it but Gus has 0 credible wins on his resume

He's overrated

I am NOT a DC fan, but DC will walk through him

This is interesting. Judging by the all caps, you really hate DC, and you're not a fan of Gustaffson either, clearly.

I also can't stand Cormier, and don't really care that much the overrated Swede.

But I think that Gustaffson will absolutely toy with Cormier over five rounds. Elaborate as to why you are favoring the contemptible Cormier here.

The Jones loss was a huge accomplishment event though the judges' didn't see him as the winner. Besides, Manuwa is a good win, as was Silva at the time. And beating Shogun will almost always be a strong win. Even though he's washed up. You're grasping at straws.

1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

Gustafsson sucks, no credibility whatsoever.

When has that ever been a positive?

Imo it is also logical to assume that the best moment to score a fight is right after watching one. But sure, another watching a couple of days later can often change people`s opinions, and I dont doubt there were people who first thought Gus won and later changed their opinion.

Obviously, but you can see how the attitude changed from GUS WAS ROBBED to "it was a close fight that could've went either way."

With that I dont have a problem with, since I personally saw it as a draw.

you know when you post a bunch of names like that, it looks nice but it hardly tells the whole story, here are some quotes from those same people, which can be found if you click the link that you provided:

Damon Martin (Bleacher Report): 48-47 Gustafsson

Ian Bain (MMA Opinion): 48-47 Gustafsson

Brett Okamoto (ESPN): 48-47 Gustafsson

Brad Gustafson (Fight Parrot): N/A Gustafsson

Anonymous

Anthony Johnson - Brutal Loss

Jimi Manuwa - Win, Jimi has never done anything in the top ten of the division

Jon Jones- Loss

Mauricio Rua - Win, this was the old sloppy Shogun with multiple knee surgeries.

win Thiago Silva - Win, Thiago lost recently in WSOF by brutal stoppage

Vladimir Matyushenko - Win, this was a good win over a aging vet.

Matt Hamill - Win over a Hamill who was going to hang the gloves up

James Te Huna - Win another person who has done nothing int the top 10.

Cyrille Diabate - Win over aging kickboxer

Phil Davis - Loss brutal sub.

Jared Hamman - Win over a 185 fighter.

Going by just facts Vladimir Matyushenko is Gus marquee win. Vladimir Matyushenko is a good but not great fighter but somehow this is Gus's keystone career win.

Yeeeeeeeaaaah, i'm just going to say this again, Gus won that fight against Jones.

If the Jones fight was a 3 rounder, he would have beat him, and he was beating him pretty good till the end of the fourth round.

I remember it that way too; I wouldn't have thought it at all unreasonable to score the 4th round for Gustaafson, although I can see the argument for the other side. That said, if they could rob him in a 5 round fight, they could rob him in a 3 round fight.

The fight with Jones was close, but I agree with Jones winning. He took the fourth and fifth rounds definetly. People hate him and he looked human in that fight, thats why so many say he should have lost.

I think DC will ragdoll Gus. In fact I think he ragdolls anyone not called Jon Jones.

Jimi Manuwa - Win, Jimi has never done anything in the top ten of the division

Vladimir Matyushenko - Win, this was a good win over a aging vet.

James Te Huna - Win

Going by just facts Vladimir Matyushenko is Gus marquee win. Vladimir Matyushenko is a good but not great fighter but somehow this is Gus's keystone career win.

that's not what the thread title suggests.
Ryan Jimmo did scratch the UFC ranks top ten LHW ranks once, and Jimi KOed him with an early leg kick, and was seen as, and still is a promising prospect.

Vlad was comming off 2 first KO wins in the UFC, and Gus KOed him in the first round.

Hamil won his next UFC fight after losing to Gus.

[/QUOTE]

The majority of people agree he beat Jones and was screwed by the judges

No, they dont. and Bader deserves the title shot Gus just got more.

If the Jones fight was a 3 rounder, he would have beat him, and he was beating him pretty good till the end of the fourth round.

This fight alone speaks for itself!

lol, that's such a terrible argument.

That's like telling fans of a football or basketball team they would've won if the game ended at halftime.

Dont understand your point really. Just because those people thought it was a really close fight, like it obviously was, doesnt mean they arent allowed to score it for Gustafsson. And pretty much all of those "journalists" are just a bunch of MMA fans like any of us. I personally dont give a shit about their opinions, no matter how they scored it, and I only post that list when some people tries to pretend that "all mma-media" scored it for Jones, which just is not true.
i was posting under the impression that you were arguing a gustafsson win and my point was that the names you had posted did little to help that argument

I doubt you have no clue about any of those journalists and how "credible" they are, just like I dont. The only credible and unbiased view of that fight is that it was an incredible close 25min war which could have gone either way. Anyone who tries to claim otherwise is biased.

i dont think its biased to look at the numbers and see JBJ won

Imo it is also logical to assume that the best moment to score a fight is right after watching one. But sure, another watching a couple of days later can often change people`s opinions, and I dont doubt there were people who first thought Gus won and later changed their opinion.

With that I dont have a problem with, since I personally saw it as a draw.

Dont understand your point really. Just because those people thought it was a really close fight, like it obviously was, doesnt mean they arent allowed to score it for Gustafsson. And pretty much all of those "journalists" are just a bunch of MMA fans like any of us. I personally dont give a shit about their opinions, no matter how they scored it, and I only post that list when some people tries to pretend that "all mma-media" scored it for Jones, which just is not true.

I doubt you have no clue about any of those journalists and how "credible" they are, just like I dont. The only credible and unbiased view of that fight is that it was an incredible close 25min war which could have gone either way. Anyone who tries to claim otherwise is biased.

The original post that Lucifer Alpha replied to was

The majority of people agree he beat Jones and was screwed by the judges

Which is clearly false.

I'm still not convinced about Gus. He had the best performance of his career against Jones, which is great. But that's all he's got going for him. It could've just been a styles make fights kinda thing, we don't know.

That is simply not the case. Particularly when the people watching are fans of one side or the other.

Go to a football game or any sporting event where you have fans of either side in the stands. See how the fans of one side see only positives and never the negatives (penalties, etc) of their favoured side and see only negatives in the other side.

Your bias (fan or hater) impacts you greatly while watching live and you cannot get around who you want to win impacting how you see it.

However that same fan, removed from it and viewing the same match a week later without the emotion of the time can then often, more objectively view it and will change their mind.

I'm awaiting a huge deluge of Swedish tears after Cormier rag dolls Gus all over the octagon.

Funny how not one man gave him a chance against Jones, gets wrecked by Rumble and now Gus is a can. Amazing.

I'm awaiting a huge deluge of Swedish tears after Cormier rag dolls Gus all over the octagon.

His fans all jumped ship. Gus went from being the LHW GOAT to an unliked scrub. Jones haters are a fickle bunch.

The Jones fight was a huge performance but it was quite a while ago now. He needs to stay healthy and start racking up some wins because he will be 1-3 in his last 4 after losing to DC. Terrible matchmaking imo. The UFC should have built Gus back up and let DC work over Bader because really no one cares about DC as champion anyway so it doesn't really matter if he fights an unmarketable opponent once. Booking Gus now = hotshotting and will hurt the division in the long run

Back