I hate hanging out with my best friend......

I don't understand how this happens to guys, I really don't. I've been married for years and my wife wants me to have as many friends as possible. She literally tells me I should go to Hooters with friends.
You chose wisely.

I hate hanging out with my best friend since he's been married. I knew this guy was gonna change drastically after his marriage and first kid but I had no idea he would become a domestic prisoner incapable of enjoying one outing.

Since getting married my buddy is allowed to hang out with friends once a month (his wife literally established a rule which only allows him to hang with friends once a month unless its for an important occasion like wedding, baptism etc..., and in those cases she must be present). When we do hang out she calls him (i'm not exaggerating) roughly every ten minutes. I don't want to be a dick and tell him he should just go home but he might as well because it would be easier to communicate with his wife as opposed to having to answer her calls every 10 minutes for trivial matters. On top of that his wife brings him along on outings with her female friends on a weekly basis and these estrogen filled outings are really effecting his behavior. When we hang out he choses to discuss topics that in my mind could only be of interest to women. If he's not talking about women's issues then he's talking about his baby girl. He's lost his ability to laugh at crude jokes and he's always anxious to get back home. The guy I knew is dead.

oh well I guess i'll be the same if I ever get married :-( /rant
Allowed out once a month!!!

He's living the dream!

I'm only make it out once a year! On the 17th of December, just like clockwork. A very slow fucking clock.

I hate hanging out with my best friend since he's been married. I knew this guy was gonna change drastically after his marriage and first kid but I had no idea he would become a domestic prisoner incapable of enjoying one outing.

Since getting married my buddy is allowed to hang out with friends once a month (his wife literally established a rule which only allows him to hang with friends once a month unless its for an important occasion like wedding, baptism etc..., and in those cases she must be present). When we do hang out she calls him (i'm not exaggerating) roughly every ten minutes. I don't want to be a dick and tell him he should just go home but he might as well because it would be easier to communicate with his wife as opposed to having to answer her calls every 10 minutes for trivial matters. On top of that his wife brings him along on outings with her female friends on a weekly basis and these estrogen filled outings are really effecting his behavior. When we hang out he choses to discuss topics that in my mind could only be of interest to women. If he's not talking about women's issues then he's talking about his baby girl. He's lost his ability to laugh at crude jokes and he's always anxious to get back home. The guy I knew is dead.

I feel you buddy, happens to the best of us. A quick final test to see if he is worth hanging out as much as you did before.
Get a bunch of hot girls, blow, say that your ready and head to the strip club for some good ol fashion fun. If he rejects this idea or goes along only to leave quickly. Then your friend is dead and better to move on and either be a Lone wolf or get some young blood under your wing. Cheers...

Lol no he isn't.

Some guys just turn into spineless cunts when they get with a girl. I know a few, last time one came round and pretended he was at home "working" when his wife called I knew it was time to cut him loose.

There's nothing natural about being "allowed" out once a month. That's not considering his wife's feelings, it's being pathetically owned.
Try not to listen to the betas and pussy whipped "men" in this forum.

My former best friend became the same way, I'd happily switch places with him, he's happily married with a beautiful daughter, we don't hangout anymore and I don't blame him.
His loss..

Edit: LMAO just realized it was you Angus. Cheers..

Last edited:
had a friend who I use to game/hang with all the time. had a kid, then another kid as soon as they could...never heard from him again.

Are you insane or something? You have a choice. Unless you're doing an arranged marriage, and you actually spend a lot of time (preferably living) with the person you're engaged to, you should have a pretty good idea of who you're marrying. If you willingly marry a girl who you know will 1) Severely limit your interactions with friends 2) Call you every 10 minutes for nothing 3) Force you to hang out with her friends all the time and 4) Try to control you.........then you are pathetic. Your friend is not a man. Cut ties with him. He's already infecting you. Jesus Christ.

Your best friend is a woman.

Friendships change over time. Marriage and especially kids are huge factors. I'm married but have no kids yet. I can still find common ground with my friends with children, but there is a definite disconnect there.

Even in the rare instances where we hang out just the guys, you can tell their heads are off somewhere back home.

Wasnt you expectin this ?
Shits gonna go down ... we get old and shiet.
He loves you still tho ... probably even more ... so dont be bitter about it , just be happy for him. He would be for you.

Divorce would be the best case scenario for him. Staying in that type of marriage will lead him to absolute misery. The sooner he gets out the better.

I don't understand how this happens to guys, I really don't. I've been married for years and my wife wants me to have as many friends as possible. She literally tells me I should go to Hooters with friends.

Maybe she wants you out of the way so her boyfriend can come over?

Lol that sucks. My best friend recently got married, and they deal with shit very well. His wife's not an mma fan, but she'll spend 5 hours watching a UFC event on my couch (or stay home while he watches it). They just trust and respect each other, so it works (I know. They're probably at each other's throats when nobody is looking).

No kids, though. That's when it really changes.....

Let this be your lesson fellas... NEVER GET MARRIED.

Our young men & women of the armed forces are sacrificing their lives for your freedom. Don't piss it away over one vagina.

You are a shitty friend thats jealous that his "best friend" considers his wife's feelings before you. Get over yourself and just accept that you arent the center of his world anymore.

Well, It's about damn time..

{<redford}

Sounds like your best friend is now your girlfriend

I am starting to think this is a troll thread.

However, if not, your friend is... not secure. He's anxious and worried about what his wife will say and do to him. Part of that is likely due to his past relationships with women/how they made him feel about himself, and the other part is his woman taking advantage of his demeanor.

He is caught in a trap, and can't walk out, because he loves her too much + the baby. She can't see, what she's doing to he, and she don't believe a word he says while he's out, that's her past/upbringing coming in to play.

They can't go on together, with suspicious minds. They can't build their dreams, with suspicious minds.

Wow your friend's wife sounds like a controlling biatch. She calls every ten minutes and controls how much he goes out? If my wife did that I'd leave her

Back