I hate hanging out with my best friend......

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hate hanging out with my best friend since he's been married. I knew this guy was gonna change drastically after his marriage and first kid but I had no idea he would become a domestic prisoner incapable of enjoying one outing.

Since getting married my buddy is allowed to hang out with friends once a month (his wife literally established a rule which only allows him to hang with friends once a month unless its for an important occasion like wedding, baptism etc..., and in those cases she must be present). When we do hang out she calls him (i'm not exaggerating) roughly every ten minutes. I don't want to be a dick and tell him he should just go home but he might as well because it would be easier to communicate with his wife as opposed to having to answer her calls every 10 minutes for trivial matters. On top of that his wife brings him along on outings with her female friends on a weekly basis and these estrogen filled outings are really effecting his behavior. When we hang out he choses to discuss topics that in my mind could only be of interest to women. If he's not talking about women's issues then he's talking about his baby girl. He's lost his ability to laugh at crude jokes and he's always anxious to get back home. The guy I knew is dead.

oh well I guess i'll be the same if I ever get married :-( /rant

Mens testosterone drops after having a baby. Takes work to bring that shit back up.

It's not his wifes fault. It's all his. You should show him the OP and ask of your just being a jealous lover or do you have a point.

She... gives him an allotment of man time? Sound like a divorce OR life of suffering is in your friend's future.

So basically your buddy is pussy whipped. The second guys start giving into dumb shit like how often they can go out or things like that nine chances out of ten it's over. Every time they try to do some shit like that you got to put your foot down hard as fuck, because once they get a hold on you its ten times harder to let go. I've had the same thing happen with a handful of my good friends and it sucks.

All women try to do this. It's your friend's fault for not slapping her around a bit.

You are a shitty friend thats jealous that his "best friend" considers his wife's feelings before you. Get over yourself and just accept that you arent the center of his world anymore.

lol.. i was away from my fiancee for a year and made a really good friend in the city where i was working... when my fiancee who is now my wife joined up with me after a year away.. my buddy tells her she's like yoko ono who broke up the beatles.. he's still an awesome dude.. and he's like family to us.. but it's definitely a change on how often i used to hang out with him since i am married and have an infant son..

have you ever thought that you might be a little jel

tumblr_mxpuxpVfyA1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

Accept that there will be time for you but it won't be on your terms. It's not bro's before hoe's after you're married.

Get single friends and wild the fuck out, stop trying to guilt trip your married buddy, he's just trying to get his.

You are a shitty friend thats jealous that his "best friend" considers his wife's feelings before you. Get over yourself and just accept that you arent the center of his world anymore.
Lol no he isn't.

Some guys just turn into spineless cunts when they get with a girl. I know a few, last time one came round and pretended he was at home "working" when his wife called I knew it was time to cut him loose.

There's nothing natural about being "allowed" out once a month. That's not considering his wife's feelings, it's being pathetically owned.

If he is your best friend just voice your concerns with him. I don't think any of this is normal and I'm married with a baby too.

Your friend needs to have a talk with his wife about how putting a quota on activities is absurd.

Suggest a 3 some, it will make her feel more involved with the friendship between you and your buddy.

She... gives him an allotment of man time? Sound like a divorce OR life of suffering is in your friend's future.

Seriously can't even imagine if my Fiance tried to tell me that shit. She's tried to pull some crazy moves on me before and every time I shut that shit down right away. She once wanted me to wait at home until 10pm for her to get off work for a new years eve party. I said NOPE I'll be at the party come over as soon as your done.

every ten minutes ? Stage 10 clinger my friend

Bake him a cake with your non-existing wife.

Some dudes become bitchmade and disappear completely the moment they have a casual girlfriend. At least it took a wife and kid to break your friend.

My former best friend became the same way, I'd happily switch places with him, he's happily married with a beautiful daughter, we don't hangout anymore and I don't blame him.

Some dudes become bitchmade and disappear completely the moment they have a casual girlfriend. At least it took a wife and kid to break your friend.

This is very true. Having a kid though I can't blame people for disappearing. Once they have a kid I understand and there is no issues. Anything before that though and it's annoying. I'm kind of like this to but it has nothing to do with my GF and everything to do with I just don't like going out as much anymore. When I don't have a GF though I get lonely as fuck so I want to go hang out with people. When I have a GF I feel like I get plenty of time with people and just want to spend my free time a lone.

Lost both of my best friends to this. Bummer.

Back