I got (sorta) jumped tonight...

Trickster***

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know if I would say I got jumped, or car jacked, or I dont know what...let me try to explain what just happened!

I went to see the movie 21 tonight...after the movie I was hungry so so I went to Wendys. I pulled out of the Wendy's drive-thru by my house, Im driving home and I see two cars make the same U-turn as me, then they made the same turn towards my house (at this point nothing TOO out of the ordinary) but I felt like something wasn't right (call it a gut feeling) so I sped up a lil as I went around a corner to find out if these guys were following me and they both sped up right behind me so at this point I knew something wasnt right...

So rather than lead these guys back to my apartment (which was only 2 blocks away) I decided to just pull over right there and see what was up. So I got out of my car. One car pulled in front of me and the other next to me and 4 kids got out- 2 from each car, 2 white and 2 black. I say "kids" because they were maybe 18-19yrs old...and Im 29yrs old. One of them had a wooden baseball bat. Now mind you...I have NOOOO idea what is going on. I dont know if they are trying to rob me, car jack me or just beat me up...and I certainly dont know WHY!!

The whole fight lasted maybe 20 seconds or so....I took the bat away from the first kid, cracked him across the shins with it and dropped him with a right hand. Then I turned to the others kids and hit them both a few times. I hit them both square in the face they both kinda just walked into the punches without throwing any of there own. Maybe trying to just grab me?? The 4th kid backed off and ran away. Although I've done a lot of training I feel very lucky that none of them grabbed me, tackled me, or were able to hit me from behind. This situation couldve turned really bad!!!

I left before the cops came. One of the people from the nearby houses came out and said she called the cops. I guess I could've had these kid arrested for attempted assault or robbery but I didnt feel like dealing with the cops. So I decided to just take the baseball bat that has the kids fingerprints on it and went home to eat my Wendy's. I was a criminal justice major in college but I dont know if I can get in trouble for leaving the scene of a crime like that....even if I did nothing wrong. Do you think I should go the police station tomorrow and tell them what happened? I know the make a model of both of the cars and I have the fingerprints on the baseball bat....but honestly I just dont want to deal with this bullshit.

The good news is that I dont have a scratch on me...the bad news is that my baked potato got cold!! This was the first time that I got in a fight and I had NO idea why! I've gotten in fights in bars and what not but there was always a reason...this time I was minding my own business. Times like these I feel very lucky that I have trained as much as I have. I didnt use any BJJ but this is the only forum that I like to post in...and I didnt feel like hearing the HW forum or the OT tell me if I dont have pics of the kids laying on the ground that this post is work lol - but I did include a pic of the bat for you! :D

I needed to tell someone my lil adventure but all my friends are sleeping and my brother is fighting with his fiance (bc we are going to Vegas for his bachelor party in 3 weeks and after seeing the movie tonight she freaked out bc we were both so excited to go to Vegas and I think she is finally realizing that its gonna be all strippers and hookers) so I have nobody to tell about my lil adventure tonight so I am shairng it with the Grappling Forum! :icon_chee

Is this what I am to expect should I move to Long Island?

LOL

Did they even say anything? They just walked up to you? Or did you initiate first? And where did this happen so I can know not to go around there... psycho kids.

Kid with a bat... that could have gotten real ugly.

maybe you left your bat and they were trying to return it to you. lol

This was Seaford right around the block from my house...its a NICE area!! There are never any thugs hangin around the only kids out at night are these kids that play street hockey under the lights at the train station...its such a normal suburban town!

And no they didnt say anything at all...the only kid to say anything was the 4th kid who said that if I touched him he would call the the cops hahaha

maybe you left your bat and they were trying to return it to you. lol

LOL imagine?? I beat up 4 kids that were just being good samaritans? lol Nahhh good samaritans dont wear "do rags"

If I were you I wouldn't have confronted the guys because in that kind of situation you never know what kind of weapons they have. If they had a gun or a knife things might have turned out way different. You're pretty lucky.

id say just let it go, i highly doubt youll get in trouble over this, why waste their time, just know that you taught some punks a good lesson

but yeah it is very lucky that only one of them had a weapon

This is why you carry concealed. Two in the chest, and that baseball bat is worthless.

maybe they were about to ask you if you wanted to play baseball with them. did you think of that before hitting them? i kid i kid.

but did you watch the movie by yourself?

id say just let it go, i highly doubt youll get in trouble over this, why waste their time, just know that you taught some punks a good lesson

but yeah it is very lucky that only one of them had a weapon

Ya know whats funny is that I was taught some weapon defense a while back and I was always told that a bat was the easiest weapon to take from someone bc there are only two ways to swing it (chop down or swing it like in baseball) so you just get close and wrap both wrists up at the same time...and it worked to perfection!!

I didnt even really think about the fact that ANY of them would have weapons...I was surpised to even see the bat....so yea I guess I was lucky. I figured if I got out of the car it would scare them off or something I dunno...but they jumped right out like it was exactly what they wanted. Very weird situation all around!

i say go to the cops and make a report, you dont want them to go to the cops first and switch the story around saying you attacked them.

Ya know whats funny is that I was taught some weapon defense a while back and I was always told that a bat was the easiest weapon to take from someone bc there are only two ways to swing it (chop down or swing it like in baseball) so you just get close and wrap both wrists up at the same time...and it worked to perfection!!

I didnt even really think about the fact that ANY of them would have weapons...I was surpised to even see the bat....so yea I guess I was lucky. I figured if I got out of the car it would scare them off or something I dunno...but they jumped right out like it was exactly what they wanted. Very weird situation all around!

You made SEVERAL errors of judgment that would have become immediately sobering to you if they would have been armed with something more than a bat.

1. You stopped and got out of your vehicle.
2. You failed to communicate to the police about what was happening. Should have called 911 and driven to the nearest well lit, crowded area to get a good look at the vehicle, license plates, etc.
3. You were unarmed (I know NYC and NY state have restrictive gun laws, so this was not your fault). A concealed carry permit can and will save your life.

Honestly, I know I'm playing armchair QB, but what you did could have gotten you killed. Its a sobering fact, I know (been in a situation where I had t draw down on someone, NOT cool).

Overall, you made it out alive. I would call the police to report it ASAP because these punks are still out there, probably robbing again.

And... Never bring a bat to a gun fight. :icon_chee

haha good for you. And going to the police station, forget about it. You wouldn't get in trouble for "leaving the scene" of the crime because you can simply say that you weren't aware of the procedures, especially if you're a victim whom didn't get harmed. Anyway, keep watching your back as long as you're still living on long island:)

i say go to the cops and make a report, you dont want them to go to the cops first and switch the story around saying you attacked them.

if he remembered what area he was in or what house said they called the cops he would have witness, i just really dont think that the kids would go to the cops, do you think they even remembered his license plate, doubt it, how could they describe who beat them up and what crazy story would they have to come up with around it to be the cause, plus hes in posession of the bat with their prints on it, and i doubt his prints are on the baseball swinger's side end (or at least id hope for his sake)

oh yeah i forgot that he used it on the one kids shins, but thats not really a big deal, the post below me has it covered :)

But the bat has both sets of prints on it. It means the assailant was in possession of the bat. If he were being assailed with the bat, and that's how his prints got on the bat, why wouldn't he use the bat to defend himself? Being that his prints will be all over the bat, it means he was most probably in possession of the bat originally. The injuries also corroborate a story of self-defense, being that the assailants would only have about 4 bruises between them, it is not enough to establish probable cause that a person would only use a bat once, on the shins while assailing someone.It is also hard to prove probable cause of assault in a 1 v 4 situation. They would have to prove intention on Trickster's part.

Coupled with the location, and the eye witness account of the lady who called the cops, I dont think that Johnny Cochrane could make a case for those 4 assailants.

I wouldn't bother going to the police. Chances are the prints will mean nothing to them unless they have the kids prints in the database. The only way that would happen is if the kid got arrested previously.

You made SEVERAL errors of judgment that would have become immediately sobering to you if they would have been armed with something more than a bat.

1. You stopped and got out of your vehicle.
2. You failed to communicate to the police about what was happening. Should have called 911 and driven to the nearest well lit, crowded area to get a good look at the vehicle, license plates, etc.
3. You were unarmed (I know NYC and NY state have restrictive gun laws, so this was not your fault). A concealed carry permit can and will save your life.

Honestly, I know I'm playing armchair QB, but what you did could have gotten you killed. Its a sobering fact, I know (been in a situation where I had t draw down on someone, NOT cool).

Overall, you made it out alive. I would call the police to report it ASAP because these punks are still out there, probably robbing again.

And... Never bring a bat to a gun fight. :icon_chee

Well said, I second everything.

I hope your potato was okay. I mean, you can always microwave it but thats not always a good idea with the sour cream...it gets runny and gross.

Can't have a cold potato, i'd rather my Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers get cold, or even my frosties melt before I had to eat a cold baked potato. :(

Back