I give Ngannou a 40% chance to beat jones at HW

Ngannou clowns Jones.

Jones ain't hard body no more. No more picograms.

He couldn't even wrestle down Santos, an oversized MW.

He won't be able to slow down Ngannou like stipe did, the guy is too big and strong. And he will end up touching Jones and putting his lights out.

giphy.gif

Stipe vs. Cormier 2
  1. Despite having an nearly 8-inch reach advantage and 5-inch height advantage, according to the stats Stipe was losing every round until the TKO and his "elite boxing" was failing him.
  2. You're wrong. They both made 3 attempts, and they both scored 1 take down each.
  3. Well, you're proving my point. Jon would be the most difficult fight of Stipe's life. And he would lose. In spectacular fashion.
  4. According to the stats there was 1 clear eye poke and 1 punch on the eye that already irritated by the previous eye poke. All the rest were grazes.
    1. Because Daniel is short, but has decent reach, he adopted a technique to extend his arms to stall out jabs. This will absolutely result in more unintentional eye pokes. I'll talk about this more when I reply to your fifth point.
  5. Stipe mimicked Jon by using body shots to soften up Daniel. He then follows up with head strikes, while Jon used head kicks. Daniel recognizes this also uses out stretched hands to stop the follow up head punches. With Daniel winded from body shots, Stipe eventually found a way to get through the outstretched arms and Daniel made the mistake of putting his back against the cage which gave Stipe a reason to empty the tank and resulted in a TKO. Good for him. Because if it was went to the judges, he would have lost. Stats don't lie. He took advantage of Daniel's height and it didn't work until it finally did.
  6. Stipe has a TKO over Daniel, Daniel KNOCKED Stipe OUT previously. Doesn't matter to me. I think they should both retire.
    1. Given his difficulty with Daniel, I'm certain Stipe can't land a single fucking punch against Jon.

STATS

Daniel Cormier, UFC 241
  1. 33% take downs landed (1 out 3)
  2. 68% significant striking (181 of 263)
    • 100% of all body and legs strikes landed
    • Higher significant striking average than Stipe in every round
  3. Reach 72 1⁄2 in
  4. Height 5 ft 11 in
Stipe Miocic, UFC 241
  1. 33% take downs landed (1 out of 3)
  2. 53% significant striking (135 of 244)
  3. Reach 80 in
  4. Height 6 ft 4 in

I accept your apology in advance. You can't help it. You're dumb.

giphy.gif
DC is 5'9"

Ngannou has the second longest reach in the UFC after Jones IIRC. Jones won't be able to fight on the outside against Ngannou. Nor will he be able to do his "post and retreat" tactic. And with Ngannou's speed and raw power, I think he can easily sleep Jones.

I hate Jon. 100%. But, that won't prevent me from facing reality.

Why hasn't he done it? He's a dickhead. He gets off on making people anxious and angry. He's been doing it his entire career. Also, he thinks he is some kind of samurai or something "waiting for the mystical moment when it is time". lol

I doubt the reason that he doesn't want to become a 2 division champ is because hes just a dickhead.

i dont think he has the confidence to do it, especially since he wont be allowed to do steriods anymore.

Ngannou clowns Jones.

Jones ain't hard body no more. No more picograms.

He couldn't even wrestle down Santos, an oversized MW.

He won't be able to slow down Ngannou like stipe did, the guy is too big and strong. And he will end up touching Jones and putting his lights out.

Jones made exactly one takedown attempt against Santos the entire fight if I recall correctly. His post fight comments were that he wanted to stand and trade with a decorated striker to prove his striking level.

Not sure why you would use the Santos fight as an example of Jones wrestling.

Jones made exactly one takedown attempt against Santos the entire fight if I recall correctly. His post fight comments were that he wanted to stand and trade with a decorated striker to prove his striking level.

Not sure why you would use the Santos fight as an example of Jones wrestling.

Bro you take fighters at their word? Jones takes no chances when it comes to winning. If he wanted to swang and bang he wouldn't have tried to take him down in the first place.

Clearly, he tried to take him down and felt Santos' strength and his power so he backed off and went for a more clinical style.

Watch the fight against Anthony Smith. Multiple failed takedown attempts.

If you can't get Anthony Fucking Smith down, you have 0 chance to wear down Ngannou with wrestling before he puts your lights out.

Bro you take fighters at their word? Jones takes no chances when it comes to winning. If he wanted to swang and bang he wouldn't have tried to take him down in the first place.

Clearly, he tried to take him down and felt Santos' strength and his power so he backed off and went for a more clinical style.

Watch the fight against Anthony Smith. Multiple failed takedown attempts.

If you can't get Anthony Fucking Smith down, you have 0 chance to wear down Ngannou with wrestling before he puts your lights out.

Sure does look like he took Anthony fucking Smith down with minimal effort.

Buddy do you even watch fights?

Sure does look like he took Anthony fucking Smith down with minimal effort.

Buddy do you even watch fights?

Ok, now post all the failed takedown attempts - which is what I said.

? What are you on about?

Uxgj7bf.jpg

Judges had Cormier rounds 1 and 2 and Stipe round 3. Stipe was far ahead on the scoring in round 4 before the finished and DC was flat out done.

Are the judges actual scorecards sufficient "facts" for you? Not my opinion but rather the opinion of the parties responsible for actually scoring the fight.
Well, I'll take the loss on this one. Thank you. That said, according to the stats, he was landing more significant strikes. My mistake for not checking judge's cards to determine if they saw it in the same way. Unlike that other dipshit, I'm not beyond saying I was wrong. Good catch!

Ok, now post all the failed takedown attempts - which is what I said.

You said and I quote "If you can't get Anthony Fucking Smith down, you have 0 chance to wear down Ngannou with wrestling before he puts your lights out."

Jones took Smith down and made it look easy. He oustruck smith something like 125-35 in significant strikes.

If you are going to make blanket statements, at least back them up with facts

Well, I'll take the loss on this one. Thank you. That said, according to the stats, he was landing more significant strikes. My mistake for not checking judge's cards to determine if they saw it in the same way. Unlike that other dipshit, I'm not beyond saying I was wrong. Good catch!

Fair enough and no one is disputing that Cormier was way ahead on significant strikes however that doesn't matter given how the UFC scores rounds. Cormier won 2 rounds 10-9 and Stipe had the 3rd, 10-9 and it's safe to assume given how gassed DC was that Stipe would have won 4 and 5 if he hadn't finished him.

Jones gets hit too much...if big Frank is on his game and connects....Jon isn't shaking that one off or rolling it.

You said and I quote "If you can't get Anthony Fucking Smith down, you have 0 chance to wear down Ngannou with wrestling before he puts your lights out."

Jones took Smith down and made it look easy. He oustruck smith something like 125-35 in significant strikes.

I did say "Watch the fight against Anthony Smith. Multiple failed takedown attempts.". I didn't mean to imply 0.

The round by round stats tell the story:

Round 1: 1 failed TD attempt.
Round 2: 1 failed TD attempt.
Round 3. 1 failed, 1 successful. Only lands 6 significant strikes on the ground.
Round 4: This is where Smith gets tired and he lands 2 TDs and lands a good deal of damage.
Round 5: 2 failed TD attempts.

If he has this much trouble getting Smith down and doing GnP, he has no shot of following Stipe's blueprint for slowing Ngannou down. You give Ngannou 3 rounds to whack you and you're going out.

I did say "Watch the fight against Anthony Smith. Multiple failed takedown attempts.". I didn't mean to imply 0.

The round by round stats tell the story:

Round 1: 1 failed TD attempt.
Round 2: 1 failed TD attempt.
Round 3. 1 failed, 1 successful. Only lands 6 significant strikes on the ground.
Round 4: This is where Smith gets tired and he lands 2 TDs and lands a good deal of damage.
Round 5: 2 failed TD attempts.

If he has this much trouble getting Smith down and doing GnP, he has no shot of following Stipe's blueprint for slowing Ngannou down. You give Ngannou 3 rounds to whack you and you're going out.

Except that Smith actually has decent cardio. Ngannou's cardio is beyond abysmal. He's a one round fighter.

And there is no way Ngannou - Jones would be a 3 rounder. it would be a main event. If you want to talk stats, Ngannou has only fought to decision twice in his career (a 3 rounder and a 5 rounder) and lost both fights.

It's a testament to how weak the HW division is that Ngnanou is even considered a top fighter. With his limited skillset, terrible fight IQ and piss poor cardio, he would be in Mike Perry territory if he were in a lower weight class.

Except that Smith actually has decent cardio. Ngannou's cardio is beyond abysmal. He's a one round fighter.

And there is no way Ngannou - Jones would be a 3 rounder. it would be a main event. If you want to talk stats, Ngannou has only fought to decision twice in his career (a 3 rounder and a 5 rounder) and lost both fights.

It's a testament to how weak the HW division is that Ngnanou is even considered a top fighter. With his limited skillset, terrible fight IQ and piss poor cardio, he would be in Mike Perry territory if he were in a lower weight class.

The guy hit Cain with a glancing punch without putting his legs into it and put him out. Jones has a good chin but I'm not sure it's heavyweight good. That's 1.

2, Stipe really wore out Ngannou with some good wrestling and leaned on him all fight, while taking some bombs. Ngannou still lasted the full 5 rounds and didn't give up. Plus, Ngannou bulked up for that fight. I don't think Jones has the skills to wear out Ngannou like Stipe did, I think Ngannou will shrug him off and start landing some serious shots if Jones tries to move up close to him.

Finally, that leaves Jon with 1 option: fight on the outside, using his wide variety of kicks and his jab. This could work, but will Jones' skinny legs be able to keep a monster like Big Frank at bay? Not likely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back