I give Ngannou a 40% chance to beat jones at HW

What? He looked dead tired late in the fight against DC first time around and we don't know how good his chin his because it has NOT BEEN tested.

Hasn't been tested? Go watch the Gus fight. He also ate a big shot from Vitor in their fight (I was cageside for that one...).

Also did you not watch the Thiago Santos fight? He clocked Jones clean more than a few times.

And for the DC fight he went 25 minutes against a guy that could actually fight for 25 minutes. Ngannou has trouble standing up after the first round.

not worth discussing because Jones would never take this fight.

If they fought, Jones would lose.

Hasn't been tested? Go watch the Gus fight. He also ate a big shot from Vitor in their fight (I was cageside for that one...).

Also did you not watch the Thiago Santos fight? He clocked Jones clean more than a few times.

And for the DC fight he went 25 minutes against a guy that could actually fight for 25 minutes. Ngannou has trouble standing up after the first round.

Can't compare anyone of them to Ngannou

That is pathetic...
Oh Dana was STILL super-pissed about that even YEARS later. I've seen several interviews with him about it..... and unsurprising.
I mean CHAEL SONNEN!?!?! FFS.

Stipe wouldn't land a single punch. Seriously. 0% chance of landing a single punch. Maybe he gets a leg kick off, but then gets taken down for his trouble.

I seriously don't know why Jon is even waiting. Right now, is the best time to take over the HW division. A lot of these guys are slow and tire easy. They don't have a height or reach advantage over Jon and they don't have the skill set to manage all his striking options.
This is seriously delusional

Okay now tell me how you calculated this.

Ngannous is not a regular HW and you basically need a good chin to survive him and we don't know if Jones has that. I find it highly unlikely that Ngannou never lands on him. If Jones is confident about that himself he would have called him out, like he did to Lesnar.
Lesnar is atlteast a 3 million dollar payday
Francis is not

Ngannous is not a regular HW and you basically need a good chin to survive him and we don't know if Jones has that. I find it highly unlikely that Ngannou never lands on him. If Jones is confident about that himself he would have called him out, like he did to Lesnar.

most of Ngannous KOs are temple shot KOs, that shit has nothing to do with your chin.

ps: Jones chin >> stipes

Sounds like you haven't watched a Jones fight in a few years. Shertards thinking Jon is still in his prime and not declining rapidly.
jonjones2.jpg

7960478-0-image-a-1_1546192465245.jpg

They're more important because the fighters at HW are less skilled, less athletic w more mass and purely reliant on slugging.

If that mass is equalized, Jones is a completely different echelon thats ever been at HW
Stipe would be the most skilled opponent jones has ever faced regardless of weight

They're more important because the fighters at HW are less skilled, less athletic w more mass and purely reliant on slugging.

If that mass is equalized, Jones is a completely different echelon thats ever been at HW
Jon doesn't have a HW game, you think if he puts on 20 lbs he'll turn into a fantastic slugger? No one will respect his lack of power, his cardio will be even worse, and his chin hasn't been tested at HW. I see him winning some and losing some, but that's it. Anyone who thinks he could run through the division probably thought Conor would beat Floyd Mayweather.

Jon doesn't have a HW game, you think if he puts on 20 lbs he'll turn into a fantastic slugger? No one will respect his lack of power, his cardio will be even worse, and his chin hasn't been tested at HW. I see him winning some and losing some, but that's it. Anyone who thinks he could run through the division probably thought Conor would beat Floyd Mayweather.
No Herb,
He wont become a pedestrian slugger. HWs rely on slugging because of a lack of athleticism and skill.
Jones wont become a 1 dimensional, puncher with the addition of body mass
This is why hed be favored against any of them

I didn't say he wasn't unskilled for a HW
Francis has the least skillset of anyone Jones has faced.

He is literally just a devestating puncher.

Which never fairs well against Jones cerebral style.
A devastating puncher with good wrestling defense, knows how go ground and pound, never subbed, great chin and basically the same reach as Jones. Thiago Santos did quite well against Jones while having less power, less reach and less chin.

Back