I give Ngannou a 40% chance to beat jones at HW

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jones will probably kickbox on the outside enough to break down the Cameroonian. Ngannous strength and power makes this a match I would still like to see played out.

Jones will not wrestle fuck this guy like against Rampage... and I don't even think that's a good strategy.

I've been saying for the longest time that I'd love to see that fight.

One of them hits like a car, the other hits you WITH his car.

Epic matchup.

Ngannou would knock Jones pinhead off his shoulders.

The path to victory is too clear and Jones is too cerebral to not to exploit it

Nguyo always has a chance tho

I've been saying for the longest time that I'd love to see that fight.

One of them hits like a car, the other hits you WITH his car.

Epic matchup.

It's interesting because Ngannou is too dangerous to wrestle, and he's so big that's it's a double edged sword to keep him on the outside too.. No matter what strategy Jones selects, it would be a dangerous fight.

Imagine Ngannou landing those leg kicks he did on Junior to Jon.

Francis is the new guy to "knock Jones head off"
Shogun was the first.

Only problem, Francis would be by far the least skilled fighter Jones has ever faced

Uhh..... no.... Ngannou is a scary fucker. And yeah Jones is an all time great, but I feel he knows he'll struggle at a higher weight class. Which is why he's never actually moved up. Moves up and fight HW's, or fight and barely beat a blownup MW. Sorry.... at any point Ngannou would only have to land hard one time and Jones is done. Not saying it's an open shut case, if he survives early and it gets into champion ship rounds I could see Jones winning a decision or subbing him. But rounds 1-3 it's Ngannou's fight to win with whatever jackhammer he lands.

I give Jones a 0% chance since he's spent his career cutting weight to avoid HWs and ever having to face someone like Ngannou.

Jones is too busy barely beating journeymen MWs he is 6 inches taller than and has a foot of reach over to even contemplate fighting someone taller than him with almost identical reach and wayyy more power than anything he has ever felt.

i woukld even favour lewis vs Jones, cuz lewis is so much bigger

size matters

Francis is the new guy to "knock Jones head off"
Shogun was the first.

Only problem, Francis would be by far the least skilled fighter Jones has ever faced
Defeats Cain, Blaydes, Overeem, JDS. The only loss was a decision against Stipe who fought the perfect fight and couldnt finish Francis. No way he is the least skilled. Of course he is a physical beast, but he has very serious skills to achieve what he achieved.

No it isn't.
Yes it is
Wear him out
Jones usually fights at a ridiculous pace
You thought Francis was tired after a couple rounds with Stipe?

giphy.gif

Defeats Cain, Blaydes, Overeem, JDS. The only loss was a decision against Stipe who fought the perfect fight and couldnt finish Francis. No way he is the least skilled. Of course he is a physical beast, but he has very serious skills to achieve what he achieved.

theres a reason why ngannou bulked up

Yes it is
Wear him out
Jones usually fights at a ridiculous pace
You thought Francis was tired after a couple rounds with Stipe?

giphy.gif

Jones is not STIPE! And we don't know how strong his chin is compared to Stipe who had to take some massive shots.

As a Jon Jones fan I don't want that Ngannou, I hope he campaing for Miocic and if he needs to earn it throw him DC again

I give Jones a 0% chance since he's spent his career cutting weight to avoid HWs and ever having to face someone like Ngannou.

Jones is too busy barely beating journeymen MWs he is 6 inches taller than and has a foot of reach over to even contemplate fighting someone taller than him with almost identical reach and wayyy more power than anything he has ever felt.

Yeah I don't think he would ever dare do it

Back