I feel like tapping to a choke is worse than tapping to strikes.

Tapping to strikes usually shows that you’re done and is basically a TKO, maybe because I watch a lot of boxing and see fights get ended on the stool. Usually tapping bc of punches show that you’re legitimately out of the fight and while it’s true that some people would rather go out cold than tap to that it’s still doesn’t make it a weak way to end a fight.

Being put in a RNC or giving up your back in general tho? That is extremely cowardly and is worthy of ridicule. That’s the equivalent of quitting in the middle of a game or fight.

GSP doesn’t deserve shit for the Matt Serra loss even though it looked bad. But Conor does deserve all the shit he gets for giving up his neck and tapping the way he does. It’s borderline cowardly

Tapping is tapping...

Its 2020 ...can we end these type of discussions already...its litterally the same thing by tapping you say i give up...theres no difference or less honor in either...

MMA is a sport not real combat..living to fight another day is always better career wise then waiting to get koed by strikes and taking brain damage or having something snapped and never work the same..

Now in real combat...tapping means death..or could be seen as embarassing or cowardly ..but thats a different story

Fighters dont only have one opinion.

lol. i'd love to see how many fighters you can come up with who have publicly said it's okay to tap to strikes.

lol. i'd love to see how many fighters you can come up with who have publicly said it's okay to tap to strikes.
How many of them even get asked if its ok to tap to strikes though? the only time its brought up is usually when they are fighting someone who has. Its a foundation for them to build on in the lead up of talkin trash

but that's the thing. even fighter's-themselves say how tapping to strikes is weak. if there is anyone who would know, it's fighters. that is why fighters will insist that they never tapped to strikes. because even fighters know they shouldn't be tapping to strikes.
Certain fighters. Clearly not all. Two of the greatest to ever compete in Shogun and GSP have tapped.

I love it when people whom have never experienced a certain thing can give lectures about how such a thing is shameful when not responded appropriately. Like for real?

Not a big Conor fan. Certainly not after all the shit he pulled. Anyone stepping in the ring for millions of people has huge balls though.

But we live in a time where we have to criticize everything but the things that really matter.

If you ever been put to sleep, then you know it's not a pleasant experience(it's very surreal and very confusing)and the alternative, to tap becomes a much more desirable option.

Tapping to strikes usually shows that you’re done and is basically a TKO, maybe because I watch a lot of boxing and see fights get ended on the stool. Usually tapping bc of punches show that you’re legitimately out of the fight and while it’s true that some people would rather go out cold than tap to that it’s still doesn’t make it a weak way to end a fight.

Being put in a RNC or giving up your back in general tho? That is extremely cowardly and is worthy of ridicule. That’s the equivalent of quitting in the middle of a game or fight.

GSP doesn’t deserve shit for the Matt Serra loss even though it looked bad. But Conor does deserve all the shit he gets for giving up his neck and tapping the way he does. It’s borderline cowardly

I've never competed in striking competitions, so i can't speak personally to tapping from strikes.

I have done judo though, and I know that sometimes when you're done, you're done. There is really no point in going unconscious. Sometimes there's a bit of wiggle room or you can feel the guy losing strength or maybe the ref doesn't see the submissions so there's a small chance the match will be restarted on the feet - but lots of times, you know you are done - the arm or gi or legs or whatever are squeezed tight into your neck, you don't have the position/grips or strength to even resist it - there's really no way you can get out of it, so why not tap?

Going unconscious is not a huge deal, but it is definitely something to avoid - there is emerging evidence regarding the risk of strokes and other cardiovascular issues, and you can dislocate a joint or smash a tooth or bash your eyeball if you fall even a small distance while unconscious - why risk it?

As for strikes, I think its pretty obvious, if you're mounted and eating shots to the jaw with almost no chance of getting out, you should probably tap.

it's like a mathematical formula - 0.01% chance that the guy on top is going to completely fuck up and lose his positon AND you're going to have enough wits about you to capitalize and manage to escape with enough in the bag to turn the tides and win the fight VS. 100% chance you're going to suffer significant brain damage if you just keep getting pounded on until - and then after -you lose consciousness...

seems like an easy decision to me. A "no-brainer" if you will.

- I realize the irony of this post coming from a guy with a sakuraba Av.

Tap or snap.
Y'all need to start training.
Everyone taps.
The "your a pussy" stuff gets left at the door pretty quickly buddy.

People can tap to what ever they like. It's their body and they know when they've had enough or been beat.
We already know they're tough. They fight in a cage for a living. It doesn't prove anything after that other than a disregard for their safety if they don't tap.
I also think it puts their opponent in an unenviable position. Most guys don't want to really hurt their opponent. Just beat them. Tap out when you're done. Live to fight another day.

I liked your post but I just had to point out the irony of your name. It made me laugh :)

For both instances I think it's more of a matter of did the person try to escape, did they try to do all they could to survive THEN tap when they were absolutely trapped.

How many of them even get asked if its ok to tap to strikes though? the only time its brought up is usually when they are fighting someone who has. Its a foundation for them to build on in the lead up of talkin trash

It's because they know! Lol

Tapping the way Conor did to Khabib was definitely a bitch way to quit

Matt-Serra-vs-GSP-Knockout-GIF-TKO.gif

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Tapping the way Conor did to Khabib was definitely a bitch way to quit
Cos he just looked defeated even before the crank was on. After all the shit talk and dolly throwing we wanted to see a fight to the living deth

I'm just laughing at the idea that being put in an RNC means you gave it to the other guy lmao

Kind of shows the perspective of someone who's never rolled with a good grappler.

Thinly veiled Conor bashing thread disguised as a retarded keyboard warrior thread.
<mma4>

Cos he just looked defeated even before the crank was on. After all the shit talk and dolly throwing we wanted to see a fight to the living deth
Well we know Khabib didn’t use much effort to submit him, seeing as he was flying around after the fight

Back