I feel like tapping to a choke is worse than tapping to strikes.

its not my fault you're being a pussy or havent trained long. I tap in class because that ego crap isn't tolerated. In a tourney I may go out from trying to escape.
This is the most new blue belt thing I've ever read lol

i agree, these fighters need to stop being pussys and just accept death

Tapping to strikes usually shows that you’re done and is basically a TKO, maybe because I watch a lot of boxing and see fights get ended on the stool. Usually tapping bc of punches show that you’re legitimately out of the fight and while it’s true that some people would rather go out cold than tap to that it’s still doesn’t make it a weak way to end a fight.

Being put in a RNC or giving up your back in general tho? That is extremely cowardly and is worthy of ridicule. That’s the equivalent of quitting in the middle of a game or fight.

GSP doesn’t deserve shit for the Matt Serra loss even though it looked bad. But Conor does deserve all the shit he gets for giving up his neck and tapping the way he does. It’s borderline cowardly

So how many pro fights did you have?

You are supposed to tap to submissions, not to strikes...

Tapping, to strikes or a sub, is not cowardly.

It would be stupid NOT to tap when you lost.

You are supposed to tap to submissions, not to strikes...

Nowhere in the Unified Rules does it say that:

1.Submission by Tap Out:

When a contestant physically uses his hand to indicate that he or she no longer wishes to continue; or

ii. Verbal tap out: When a contestant verbally announces to the referee that he or she does not wish to continue or makes audible sounds such as screams indicating pain or discomfort

Last edited:
Tapping to anything is cowardly shit. Do you want to be a fucking fighter?

20100626090839_img_1749.jpg
This isn't me defending Fedor, but more commenting on TS' OP...I remember reading when Big Timmeh tapped to Fedor's RNC, it wasn't because he was going out. He said something about the way Fedor had him, it was hurting his neck so badly that he had no other choice. I'll try and find that quote and throw and ***EDIT***

Meh, if you're caught, you're caught - no sense in actually going out if you're right on the edge of it.

Anybody calling either a tap via a strike or a submission “cowardly” has NOT trained and kept up with it.

Maybe if I am fighting for my life in a dark alley bruv, but the result is the same in competition or gym mats if you dont submit, just less injury. I guess some people like injury, like the cutters and burners....

So how many pro fights did you have?

I never had any pro boxing fights but I had tons of amateur ones.

Who knows maybe one day I’ll try and livestream my next one on here if I get the chance.

Back