I feel like tapping to a choke is worse than tapping to strikes.

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Tapping to strikes usually shows that you’re done and is basically a TKO, maybe because I watch a lot of boxing and see fights get ended on the stool. Usually tapping bc of punches show that you’re legitimately out of the fight and while it’s true that some people would rather go out cold than tap to that it’s still doesn’t make it a weak way to end a fight.

Being put in a RNC or giving up your back in general tho? That is extremely cowardly and is worthy of ridicule. That’s the equivalent of quitting in the middle of a game or fight.

GSP doesn’t deserve shit for the Matt Serra loss even though it looked bad. But Conor does deserve all the shit he gets for giving up his neck and tapping the way he does. It’s borderline cowardly

20100626090839_img_1749.jpg

It is. If all you are going to do is "sleep," then why are you tapping? With strikes, you can have a clot develop in your brain. You will go home thinking you are okay, and then you don't wake up the next morning.

Never been choked?

I’ve been more into boxing in terms of what I actually do and practice in my spare time. But I do have a soft spot for MMA, it’s really cool.

I did try a BJJ class once and it was too much

Either is fine as long as you are unable to continue. If a fighter is looking for a way out and taps without really trying to defend that's something to maybe not be ridiculed but definitely should be held against them as far as future opportunities at big fights.
he tapped to an arm bar

99% of people thinking tapping to strikes is cowardly never trained combat sports in their life.

What you fail to understand is that there are grapplers that will make you give up your back, whether you want do it or not does not matter. And there are of course risks with being put to sleep as well, and sometimes it might look like a typical blood choke but it could hurt structures in your throat and neck.

There seems to be a correlation with retarded threads appearing on sherdog any time Conner McGregor fights

Let us be honest. Tapping to strikes takes more balls than curling up in a ball or fetal position without fighting, and waiting for the referee to save you. So, you can complain of an "early stoppage." Like Colby Covington did versus Kamaru Usman. LOL

its not that bad. things just start getting dark.
it's definitely not as bad as someone beating the shit out of you. At least not in a controlled environment like at a gym, I've never been choked on the street that would be terrifying because you don't know if they are planning to let go.

Let us be honest. Tapping to strikes takes more balls than curling up in a ball or fetal position without fighting, and waiting for the referee to save you. So, you can complain of an "early stoppage." Like Colby Covington did versus Kamaru Usman. LOL

Let us be honest. Colby lives rent free in that fat dome of yours

{<jordan}

tapping when it's clear you've already been defeated, by whatever means, should never be criticized. it's usually just morons or those who were never in such a situation who feel they can judge. shogun tapped to strikes and fedor tapped to a choke. that should be enough for everyone.

If you're trapped under someone's full mount, usually the only chance you have of escape is rolling over. Call it cowardly all you want, it's a valid technique that can lead to a transition where otherwise the fight would have been over. It's also a very instinctual move to avoid taking more undefended strikes to the face, so yeah some guys will roll over just to avoid taking more shots. It is t a desperation move? Absolutely. It's very risky and often will lead to a RNC, but not always. There are plenty of examples of escapes from the position.

I don't understand why people equate tapping to "courage" of any kind. It's high school shit for 35 year-old Affliction T shirt wearing bums.

Lol at choosing to go unconscious repeatedly for any reason, when you can just accept you're done and tap. Especially when this is a career for anyone in the UFC

Tapping to a sub = being submissive AFTER intelligently defending ( well, trying) by going for hands, hooks ,moving your body in malleable way or getting control of a wrist....etc....then giving it up.

The Mctap = f$%k this, I'm outta here. If you can't count 1 Mississippi before a tap, you've witnessed a mctap.

curling up in a ball in the cage after taking punishment takes alot more balls than posting about it on a message board.

There seems to be a correlation with retarded threads appearing on sherdog any time Conner McGregor fights
Yet you´ve joined in january 2019 and McGregor´s last fight was in 2018.
But do tell us more about that correlation you´ve found

Back