I don't get the hate Woodley is getting for ducking Wonderboy

FullRoundAldo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I mean, he, just like everyone else, knows that Wonderboy would pick him apart from the outside like a bird playing with a worm. He is just being smart. He knows his skills are limited, he knows he's not gonna be WW GOAT, he just wants to make the best of his clearly short, but advantageous situation. Can you blame him?

I don't blame him, but that doesn't mean I think he should be allowed to sidestep Wonderbow. The UFC owns the championship. They need to make sure this stuff doesn't happen.

Woodley is getting more attention for it just because people are frustrated with the WW picture. I'm a big fan of Robbie, but we haven't had a convincing, clear cut champion since GSP retired. A lot of people think Wonderboy could be that guy. That's the root of the impatience.

He should want to find a way to beat him to prove he deserves the belt. Long time champs get way more money so he should fight often and try to blast everyone in the first or go out on his shield...

its easy ... according to his new found logic , he shouldnt even gotten a title shot to begin with ... is it that hard to understand ?
Not to mention that he is supposed to be "The Chosen One" , not "The Picky One" ... we will see what happens.
Ive gotta be honest cause ive called him a hypocrite , but it seems that he said he would do this prior to being Champion so....
Im still very disapoint with this Champion tho ... cause we could only expect more from him , not less.

If Woodley can get 1 money fight ok I can live with it. but Wonderboy is not going anywhere, but Tyron will duck him again even if he gets a W in another fight. Woodley- this isn't how the world works.

what i liked about lawler is he was like "fuck it, bring on anyone" i feel like woodley is preparing his 20 step retirement plan, which involves fighting very specific fights and avoiding the one guy who deserves it more than anyone else. if you asked lawler to fight a polar bear, he'd probably say "sure"

I could understand if he wanted to fight GSP as thats a huge money fight and chance to fight arguably the best fighter of all time. Fighting diaz over wonderboy however is pretty absurd. Nick hasnt won a big fight or even been relevant for awhile now. Wonderboy has definitely earned his shot and the only case for someone getting a shot over him would be a returning GSP

Then don't l;et wonderboy prance around then
. Run at the motherfxxxker since youre so "explosive"

People won't admit it, but they didn't like Woodley much to begin with, then he knocked out Robbie Lawler who is beloved, so now they like him even less.

They act like it's some 'sanctity of titleshots' but that's BS. If it's a fighter they like, then they are happy. People just want Wonderboy to hurry up and beat Woodley because they like him more. That's it.

In reality, knocking out Robbie Lawler makes you an amazing fighter, and calling out the GOAT GSP makes you an amazing Champion.

And I'm not even a huge fan of Woodley or anything, just calling it like I see's it.

I mean, he, just like everyone else, knows that Wonderboy would pick him apart from the outside like a bird playing with a worm. He is just being smart. He knows his skills are limited, he knows he's not gonna be WW GOAT, he just wants to make the best of his clearly short, but advantageous situation. Can you blame him?

yes, i blame him, he sat out for 18 months and now he thinks he can play matchmaker. when he was sitting out, he was feeling entitled he was next in line. now, he is champ it doesn;t count anymore.

I don't get whats with all the threads that are started these days that begin with the phrase, "I don't get..."

People won't admit it, but they didn't like Woodley much to begin with, then he knocked out Robbie Lawler who is beloved, so now they like him even less.

They act like it's some 'sanctity of titleshots' but that's BS. If it's a fighter they like, then they are happy. People just want Wonderboy to hurry up and beat Woodley because they like him more. That's it.

In reality, knocking out Robbie Lawler makes you an amazing fighter, and calling out the GOAT GSP makes you an amazing Champion.

And I'm not even a huge fan of Woodley or anything, just calling it like I see's it.
some of us just have profound dislike for bullshit. I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to undeserved title shots, especially Hendo vs Bisping and Woodley calling out Nick Diaz. If he pushes for GSP, I'm fine with that cause it wouldn't be a bullshit title shot for GSP. And Woodley is ducking Wonderboy, he knows what's good for him...

Taking money fights is cool when you've taken out the best of your division. Conor took out Chad and Aldo.

But he's just running from wonderboy

UFC needs to put their foot down. You can't just say "I'm gonna have a money fight" it doesn't work like that. There has to be significant interest in a fight like that generated by a huge rivalry or a long standing undefeated record, etc.

It's the hypocrisy...just like when Meisha won't give holm a rematch after a come from behind win. Just like Conor abandoning FW...Lawler fought every challenger in the division...didn't ask for any superfights..FANS generally love fighters who don't duck anyone....like Hendo.

Just do away with belts..they're growing useless. Make it an annual tournament with a trophy or giant cardboard check at the end.

UFC needs to put their foot down. You can't just say "I'm gonna have a money fight" it doesn't work like that. There has to be significant interest in a fight like that generated by a huge rivalry or a long standing undefeated record, etc.
It looks like it does work like that. and I like it.

Theyre not giving Wonderboy his deserved title shot cause he's white. Bullshit

I agree that Lawler was beloved and Woodley isn't but find it hard to believe Lawler would have been as popular if he had ducked any top contender.

Back