I don't get the hate Woodley is getting for ducking Wonderboy

People overvalue wonderboy. Tyrone could wrestle-rape him. He want some money after all these years... I dont blame him. UFC pay shit to mid tier fighters.

It's because he is coming off like a douche whenever he opens his mouth.

Theyre not giving Wonderboy his deserved title shot cause he's white. Bullshit

Woodley's preference for St.-Pierre is clearly racist. The French are calling the shots behind the scenes.

People overvalue wonderboy. Tyrone could wrestle-rape him. He want some money after all these years... I dont blame him. UFC pay shit to mid tier fighters.
He could. He could also get KTFO. Id be fine with either, but Wonderboy deserves his shot

He could. He could also get KTFO. Id be fine with either, but Wonderboy deserves his shot

Of course he deserves the shot. I hope UFC gives it to him. I rly like when world of mma is fair ( JACARE SHOULD GET THE DECISION WIN WITH YOEL, ALSO HE SHOULD GET A TS EVEN BEFORE THE FIGHT WITH YOEL, UFC IS SCREWING HIM BIG TIME ). And giving wonderboy a shot is fair. Not GSP, nor Diaz. And i see the way he dismantle Woodley in stand up by kicks and jab. Rory did that and he is not as good as Wonderboy in stand up.

Woodley is ducking Wonderboy, he knows what's good for him...

Woodley is ducking Wonderboy by calling out GSP?

That's like saying he's ducking the stove by jumping into the oven.

find it hard to believe Lawler would have been as popular if he had ducked any top contender.

If Lawler had beaten Woodley and then called out GSP, a lot more people would be praising him for being such a badass calling out the GOAT.

Because he's ducking like you said. Ducking people when you're the champ is lame. You should be willing to fight any and all comers.

he is ducking wonderboy by saying wonderboy should fight someone else, and then calling out GSP and Diaz.

I don't single out Woodley. I think he should fight Wonderboy but GSP is also a good matchup. I think Hendo v Bisping is a joke title fight (but if Hendo wins and retires it could make way for a MW tournament). Alvarez calling out McGregor instead of Khabib is a joke. And McGregor not defending his belt while healthy is a joke. But I'm only racist for my Woodley criticism ;).

People won't admit it, but they didn't like Woodley much to begin with, then he knocked out Robbie Lawler who is beloved, so now they like him even less.

They act like it's some 'sanctity of titleshots' but that's BS. If it's a fighter they like, then they are happy. People just want Wonderboy to hurry up and beat Woodley because they like him more. That's it.

In reality, knocking out Robbie Lawler makes you an amazing fighter, and calling out the GOAT GSP makes you an amazing Champion.

And I'm not even a huge fan of Woodley or anything, just calling it like I see's it.
He didn't call out GSP. He called out Nick Diaz who hasnt won a fight since BJ Penn a LW in 2011. GSP was an after thought. I frankly think that Woodley didn't see Wonderboy as a "Money Fight" so he is playing the game and "Ducking" him so as to hype the fight that is going to happen regardless. Unless GSP decides to come back and fight for the WW belt while Woodley still has it Wonderboy is next. Woodley is creating his own "Money Fight"!

Theyre not giving Wonderboy his deserved title shot cause he's white. Bullshit
Luke Thomas should be going full-on SJW for this but, instead, he's too busy competing with Ariel for "The Best Crying Scene of 2016" Award.

Luke Thomas should be going full-on SJW for this but, instead, he's too busy competing with Ariel for "The Best Crying Scene of 2016" Award.
He only cares about non whites. Disgusting.

I mean, he, just like everyone else, knows that Wonderboy would pick him apart from the outside like a bird playing with a worm. He is just being smart. He knows his skills are limited, he knows he's not gonna be WW GOAT, he just wants to make the best of his clearly short, but advantageous situation. Can you blame him?
Lawler, Hendricks, and GSP did not pick their opponents
but fought the contenders put before them by the UFC
(except for when GSP was given Diaz)

Suppose you see a bird walking around in a farm yard. This bird has no label that says 'duck'. But the bird certainly looks like a duck. Also, he goes to the pond and you notice that he swims like a duck. Then he opens his beak and quacks like a duck. Well, by this time you have probably reached the conclusion that the bird is a duck, whether he's wearing a label or not.

People won't admit it, but they didn't like Woodley much to begin with, then he knocked out Robbie Lawler who is beloved, so now they like him even less.

They act like it's some 'sanctity of titleshots' but that's BS. If it's a fighter they like, then they are happy. People just want Wonderboy to hurry up and beat Woodley because they like him more. That's it.

In reality, knocking out Robbie Lawler makes you an amazing fighter, and calling out the GOAT GSP makes you an amazing Champion.

And I'm not even a huge fan of Woodley or anything, just calling it like I see's it.
I'll admit I didn't especially like Woodley to begin with.

He says silly things - lots of them. He sat on the sidelines and ducked guys in order to get his title shot and somehow it actually worked for him, which boggles my mind. I am not a hater, just not a fan at all.

The sanctity of the title shot point may be fair when applied to some people, but for me the genuinely annoying point is how much Woodley campaigned to get his title fight because he felt he deserved it, and now that he has won the title (good on him there, by the way. He did a great job.) he wants to apply a completely different standard to another very deserving challenger. It makes him look like a wanker, frankly.

Him calling out GSP doesn't impress me either to be honest. GSP looked like he was losing his edge in his last few fights and has been on the shelf for a couple of years now. It's easy to be cynical and call that play for what it is: a cash grab. Woodley isn't trying to face the best fighters so I don't think he qualifies as an 'amazing champion'.

Now Woodley is fine to make hay while the sun shines, it's his life and no fan would support him in twenty years time if he were 50 and penniless, he needs to do what's right for his family. But he shouldn't expect people to like him any more than they did before for trying to do so.

Huh? No it isn't.

Wonderboy looks very capable of beating Woodley. GSP is a far, far safer fight for Woodley to take.

Back