I don't get the hate Woodley is getting for ducking Wonderboy

People won't admit it, but they didn't like Woodley much to begin with, then he knocked out Robbie Lawler who is beloved, so now they like him even less.

They act like it's some 'sanctity of titleshots' but that's BS. If it's a fighter they like, then they are happy. People just want Wonderboy to hurry up and beat Woodley because they like him more. That's it.

In reality, knocking out Robbie Lawler makes you an amazing fighter, and calling out the GOAT GSP makes you an amazing Champion.

And I'm not even a huge fan of Woodley or anything, just calling it like I see's it.
Did knocking out GSP make Serra an amazing fighter?

I mean, he, just like everyone else, knows that Wonderboy would pick him apart from the outside like a bird playing with a worm. He is just being smart. He knows his skills are limited, he knows he's not gonna be WW GOAT, he just wants to make the best of his clearly short, but advantageous situation. Can you blame him?
You sound like an annoying front-runner fan.

Huh? No it isn't.

Wonderboy looks very capable of beating Woodley. GSP is a far, far safer fight for Woodley to take.

Woodley has a better chance of out-wrestling Wonderboy than he does of beating GSP in any way.

Woodley has a better chance of out-wrestling Wonderboy than he does of beating GSP in any way.
But GSP has almost no chance of stopping Woodley with strikes and Wonderboy has an excellent chance at that.

But GSP has almost no chance of stopping Woodley with strikes and Wonderboy has an excellent chance at that.

A guy who beat Paul Daley, out-struck Condit, and just knocked out Robbie Lawler is not going to duck Wonderboy because he is 'afraid of strikes'.

GSP is the GOAT, and one of the biggest draws in MMA, and he says he wants to come back. It's pretty much that simple. Nobody deserves to get between the Champion & the GOAT. Not even Wonderboy, awesome as he is.

A guy who beat Paul Daley, out-struck Condit, and just knocked out Robbie Lawler is not going to duck Wonderboy because he is 'afraid of strikes'.

GSP is the GOAT, and one of the biggest draws in MMA, and he says he wants to come back. It's pretty much that simple. Nobody deserves to get between the Champion & the GOAT. Not even Wonderboy, awesome as he is.
Never said Woodley was afraid, though I would still argue that Wonderboy in 2016 is very likely a harder fight for Woodley than GSP would be. Woodley has done his best in the past to avoid other hard fights too, this isn't new behaviour for him.

GSP can come back and leverage his GOATness to get the fight, for sure. But that still leaves Woodley looking like a tosser for carrying on as he did to get the Lawler match and then denying Wonderboy his shot. He's free to do it, but once again, he shouldn't expect it to lead to him becoming more popular.

Never said Woodley was afraid, though I would still argue that Wonderboy in 2016 is very likely a harder fight for Woodley than GSP would be. Woodley has done his best in the past to avoid other hard fights too, this isn't new behaviour for him.

GSP can come back and leverage his GOATness to get the fight, for sure. But that still leaves Woodley looking like a tosser for carrying on as he did to get the Lawler match and then denying Wonderboy his shot. He's free to do it, but once again, he shouldn't expect it to lead to him becoming more popular.

To each their own, I don't see the big deal. Again I'm not a huge Woodley fan, but when you blast through Robbie freakin' Lawler like that, you buy my respect as a Champion. If he wants the GOAT next, that's all the better. Wonderboy will have his turn.

To each their own, I don't see the big deal. Again I'm not a huge Woodley fan, but when you blast through Robbie freakin' Lawler like that, you buy my respect as a Champion. If he wants the GOAT next, that's all the better. Wonderboy will have his turn.
We'll see. If GSP is just beginning his USADA process now then I would think Woodley/GSP wouldn't happen until maybe the NYE card. That means a very long wait for Wonderboy.

I wont lie, a p part of my consternation stems from the fact that I'm not interested whatsoever in GSP's return. GOAT he may be, but I'd far rather he stay rich, healthy and retired.

We'll see. If GSP is just beginning his USADA process now then I would think Woodley/GSP wouldn't happen until maybe the NYE card. That means a very long wait for Wonderboy.

I wont lie, a p part of my consternation stems from the fact that I'm not interested whatsoever in GSP's return. GOAT he may be, but I'd far rather he stay rich, healthy and retired.

Fates willing, eventually GSP will most likely end up rich, healthy and retired either way. If he's healthy and hungry now, I'd like to see him come back. And I'm not even much of a fan of his style, lol. He's just so good, that he's earned my respect. I want to see current guys measured against him. If GSP beats Woodley, GSP/Wonderboy would be huge anyway. A lot bigger than Woodley/Wonderboy.

Being the champ should be about proving you're the best and taking on all challengers. It's partially a "don't hate the player, hate the game" situation but that doesn't mean I'll like a guy for exploiting the system when he could do the right thing. He got gifted a shot by his opponent failing to make weight and sitting on his butt for 18 months while another guy worked hard and one 4 fights in the meantime. One against the guy Woodley was suppose to fight, and another against the guy who completely dominated Woodley.

Wonderboy should have gotten the shot instead of Woodley, now Woodley is denying him it a second time.

Yes. Yes I do blame him for being scared and thinking that he isn't really the best in his division.

If Lawler had beaten Woodley and then called out GSP, a lot more people would be praising him for being such a badass calling out the GOAT.

I would have been disappointed but it's true that Lawler had more credibility to call out GSP; Woodley hasn't attempted a single title defense. I believe Lawler expressed disinterest in that fight, though.

Fates willing, eventually GSP will most likely end up rich, healthy and retired either way. If he's healthy and hungry now, I'd like to see him come back. And I'm not even much of a fan of his style, lol. He's just so good, that he's earned my respect. I want to see current guys measured against him. If GSP beats Woodley, GSP/Wonderboy would be huge anyway. A lot bigger than Woodley/Wonderboy.
Don't agree, but that's a fair opinion and I respect it.

Back