"I don't care. I won." Transgender wrestler Mack Beggs interviewed

I can't wait until 2071 when species transitioning is a thing.

hi-res-9645b71c05784839d264e8996a2137c5_crop_north.jpg

Last edited:
That poor girl is learning the difference between men and women.

Zoom in on her face. There are a thousands words to write about that face.

There's no underlying logic to that position. And such double standard enforcement would still be a blatant case of discrimination by definition.

The NFL is open to all genders. The NBA is open to all genders.

The story has been done to death but I'll break it down again. Beggs took hormones to transition to being a man, the Texas UIL rules say you have to wrestle in the division of your birth certificate. Beggs said they requested to wrestle the boys and were denied, the UIL said they never received a request and would have made an exception if they had.

I'm genuinely surprised so many people who are concerned about this kind of stuff are unaware of this, it pops up at least once every year and hangs around for a month or so.

She was basically taking PED's.... Should have been ruled ineligible

My step-daughter wrestles here in H-town... I'd have a problem with it too as a parent.

Not that she was transgender, but because she had a clear advantage over her competitors.

Maybe they should update the rules to say you have to compete against people of the same SEX (not gender).

Since you can't change your sex (currently, who knows how confusing it'll get with shit like CRISPR around...)
He is competing against people of his own biological sex. He's a trans man who wanted to compete in the men's division but wasn't allowed to.

He is competing against people of his own biological sex. He's a trans man who wanted to compete in the men's division but wasn't allowed to.

The Texas rule is in place to prevent "Boys" who identify as Girls from wrestling in the Girl's division. We've all seen the hilarity that ensues when that happens.

The girls get destroyed by the transgenders...

The story has been done to death but I'll break it down again. Beggs took hormones to transition to being a man, the Texas UIL rules say you have to wrestle in the division of your birth certificate. Beggs said they requested to wrestle the boys and were denied, the UIL said they never received a request and would have made an exception if they had.

I'm genuinely surprised so many people who are concerned about this kind of stuff are unaware of this, it pops up at least once every year and hangs around for a month or so.
Let's also be clear that the UIL rule was adopted after Beggs had started wrestling boys. Beggs was in the boys division, and then UIL put Beggs in the girls division.

It's not clear to me that UIL even had a way to apply for exceptions. The first time they mentioned the possibility is when the parents of female wrestlers sued them.

Maybe they should update the rules to say you have to compete against people of the same SEX (not gender).

Since you can't change your sex (currently, who knows how confusing it'll get with shit like CRISPR around...)
That's kind of exactly what happened.

It makes no difference to the overall issue. If they allow them to compete in the league of their chosen gender, then you still get biological males identifying as women man handling women lol. Or if they compete in their biological sex you get biological females on all kinds of male hormones beating up women and girls.

Let's also be clear that the UIL rule was adopted after Beggs had started wrestling boys. Beggs was in the boys division, and then UIL put Beggs in the girls division.

It's not clear to me that UIL even had a way to apply for exceptions. The first time they mentioned the possibility is when the parents of female wrestlers sued them.
Do you have a source for that? I know Beggs wrestled the boys in youth because there wasn't a divide.

The Texas rule is in place to prevent "Boys" who identify as Girls from wrestling in the Girl's division. We've all seen the hilarity that ensues when that happens.

The girls get destroyed by the transgenders...
Not really hilarious from the female athlete's point of view.

He is an ex-woman though. It seems Texan conservatives wanted to ban male-to-female trans from steamrolling girls but shot themselves in the foot.
You need wrestle according to your birth certificate, and that dude who was born a girl said, great.

Steroids are illegal for high school comp. So she is a cheater.

https://www.menshealth.com/trending-news/a33984383/mack-beggs-transgender-wrestler-interview/

EcEXYN7.jpg

In viral clips of his winning matches, you can hear both boos and cheers from the crowd. But Beggs has always kept his game face on. “It didn’t really affect me, because I was like, ‘I don’t care. I won,’ ” he says with a shrug on a Zoom call. “You can’t make people love you at the end of the day.”

---------------------------------------------------------

My question is why is someone who is a freshmen in high school allowed to start sexually transitioning? Shouldn't it be 18 or over?
What a hero.

Texas missed the mark requiring all trans athletes to compete in their birth gender division. So that’s not necessarily this persons fault.

should be all trans athletes compete in the male division. That way girls just compete against natural girls

Every time this old ass story comes up, people don't understand it. He WANTED to wrestle in the boys division and wasn't permitted to do so.

Back