I don’t even think Dan Hardy deserved his shot at GSP

Prime Dan Hardy wouldn't be top 30 in today's welterweight division

Leben had beaten Patrick Cote and KOd Jorge Rivera on his streak.

Give it a rest man, I'm not attacking your mancrush, I'm saying Hardy's title shot was well deserved considering he was 4-0 in the UFC and beat the top contender who was 9-1 in the UFC.

If Anderson deserved his title shot, then Hardy definitely deserved his.

Give it a rest man, I'm not attacking your mancrush, I'm saying Hardy's title shot was well deserved considering he was 4-0 in the UFC and beat the top contender who was 9-1 in the UFC.

If Anderson deserved his title shot, then Hardy definitely deserved his.
Anderson had beaten Sakurai, Lee Murray, Jorge Rivera, Chris Leben and was the Cage Rage MW champion going into his title fight vs Ace.

Who had Hardy beaten to earn the title shot besides Mike Swick?

GSP still couldn’t finish Dan Hardy who was finished in 2 of his next 4 fights (going 0-4)

tbf hardy went like 20 fights in a row without being finished before GSP. That’s kinda how it went, everyone was hard to finish, then after losing to GSP they’d be finished frequently. Fedor shrug.

Fitch and Alves had lost to GSP already, and koscheck got KOd by Paulo thiago. There wasn’t really anyone else at 170

I was one of the people complaining at the time of how hard the UFC was pushing him and giving him a title shot.

Hardy was never good, he just had the UFC backing him for the UK market at the time.

Anderson had beaten Sakurai, Lee Murray, Jorge Rivera, Chris Leben and was the Cage Rage MW champion going into his title fight vs Ace.

Silva also had a bunch of losses.

Dan Hardy is the weakest UFC title challenger from 2010-present. Crazy that Georges couldn’t finish him

not including short notice replacements like Joe Soto vs Dillashaw

Yet Nick Diaz get title fight against Gsp after losing to condit

Leben was 5-0 at mw
Is that supposed to mean something? You think anybody should get a title shot off being in the UFC for 1 fight and beating 1 guy?

This isn’t some undefeated Khabib-like dude either, Anderson had lost a few times before.

Khabib (& several other undefeated prospects) entered the UFC & had to get SEVERAL wins before the shot.

I don’t think anybody should get a shot off beating one fucking guy, especially an extraordinarily beatable guy like leben.

Hardy had a few good wins & earned it more than dozens of these idiots that get title shots.

shit we’ve had dozens get title shots alone from people coming off of loses. It’s embarrassing.

You were already told Dan was 4-0 at WW in the UFC.. One of Silva's title defenses was Patrick Cote who GSP used to beat up in training every day..

Is that supposed to mean something? You think anybody should get a title shot off being in the UFC for 1 fight and beating 1 guy?

This isn’t some undefeated Khabib-like dude either, Anderson had lost a few times before.

Khabib (& several other undefeated prospects) entered the UFC & had to get SEVERAL wins before the shot.

I don’t think anybody should get a shot off beating one fucking guy, especially an extraordinarily beatable guy like leben.

Hardy had a few good wins & earned it more than dozens of these idiots that get title shots.

shit we’ve had dozens get title shots alone from people coming off of loses. It’s embarrassing.

Anderson was ranked like 1 or 2 in the world.

Sakurai (lost to Silva) fought for the title in his first UFC fight. Trigg too.

I guess Sulva coulda squeezed in a beating of Loaiseau or Quarry to cement his place as #1 contender lol

I was a fan of mike swick, winner of hardy/swick deserved a TS. Cant hate, Hardy came in and did his thing

tumblr_np4sgxoO0I1tugoyjo1_400.gif

This happened in the next fight and he went on a 4 fight losing streak starting with GSP.
To be fair, Gsp seems to take people souls, most everyone he fought was on a good winning streak, and then went on a losing streak skid.

it’s like they had the win to push taken out of them, after being dominated so badly for five straight rounds

Back