I don’t even think Dan Hardy deserved his shot at GSP

Of course he was gifted the Titleshot. The UFC was trying to break into the European market and besides Bisping had no draws.

GSP was highly critized for not finishing him too because Hardy was considered the easiest challanger in years.

I thought this was common knowledge? He was another guy UFC got behind and gave the easiest path available to a title shot. They’ve done it many times.

I don't think they intentionally manufactured his path to a title shot.

Hardy was far from a stand out talent on the UK regional scene, there was no reason to think he would have been able to become a fixture in the UFC.

He obviously improved and managed to get on a winning streak but it would be surprising to think he would ever fight for a title looking at his performances even 15 fights deep in his career.

Hardy was getting stopped on small regional shows.

I don't think they intentionally manufactured his path to a title shot.

Hardy was far from a stand out talent on the UK regional scene, there was no reason to think he would have been able to become a fixture in the UFC.

He obviously improved and managed to get on a winning streak but it would be surprising to think he would ever fight for a title looking at his performances even 15 fights deep in his career.

Hardy was getting stopped on small regional shows.

Well he managed to avoid every wrestler, which there were numerous at the top of Welterweight. Koscheck, Hughes, Fitch. That’s something the UFC loves to do to guide somebody they’re favoring to a title shot.

Well he managed to avoid every wrestler, which there were numerous at the top of Welterweight. Koscheck, Hughes, Fitch. That’s something the UFC loves to do to guide somebody they’re favoring to a title shot.

I think it could it could like that on paper but it was probably a coincidence.

Either that or something the UFC did to play the percentages but he was from a Conor Mcgregor or a Frankie Edgar who looked like they would fight for the title within minutes of stepping in the Octagon.

gsps best wins are hughes and shields. condit, diaz and hendricks and bj come after. but even still great wins.
I ,personally ( with some help), had Hendricks turned to a rightful LOSS. Gsp is 25-3 for the record. Those 26-2 days are no longer. The 2nd bj fight just proved a great bigger man usually will beat up a great smaller man.........bj talked a great game but when I saw the 2 meet at the middle-------- I knew what was coming.

Dan Hardy is the weakest UFC title challenger from 2010-present. Crazy that Georges couldn’t finish him

not including short notice replacements like Joe Soto vs Dillashaw

Lies. Hardy was legit. Horcher fought for a title

I can get preferring GSP over Silva. I can get preferring Silva over GSP.

What I don't get is this need to rewrite history to make the other look as bad as possible. If you think your guy is the GOAT say why he's the GOAT, don't do it by running everyone else down.

GSP still couldn’t finish Dan Hardy who was finished in 2 of his next 4 fights (going 0-4)
Anderson “love me some roids” Silva couldn’t finish a one eyed, out of prime Bisping lol.
HardJampackedAmericancreamdraft-size_restricted.gif

but..
75nO3x1.gif

0223-spt-col-cowan-2.jpg

while...
IMG-20190512-WA0046-e1557641076858.jpg

Why are you picking on Hardy, a guy who hasn't fought in a few years? What he do to you?:confused:

Anderson Silva for the MW belt would have sold far more than Hardy.

weird that Georges didn’t choose that money/legacy fight considering the divisions was cleared out.

Who cares? Gsp was under no obligation to fight mw

I ,personally ( with some help), had Hendricks turned to a rightful LOSS. Gsp is 25-3 for the record. Those 26-2 days are no longer. The 2nd bj fight just proved a great bigger man usually will beat up a great smaller man.........bj talked a great game but when I saw the 2 meet at the middle-------- I knew what was coming.
i agree hendricks deserved that win. but he at least did enough to eek out the fight in some eyes. so i still count it when measuring his greatness, but i do bring it up as a loss myself when gsp fans argue the decision

He won split decisions over Marcus David and Akihiro Gono.

Two guys who I don’t even think are very good.

Beat Mike Swick who doesn’t like fighting.

and his biggest win is a finish over TJ Dillashaws coach. That idiot Duane Ludwig.

I honestly don’t think Hardy has done anything impressive in MMA.

Actually I take that back. He lasted 3 rounds against Rumble. That’s a tough ass feat for anyone.

So at the time, who should have got the title shot?

tumblr_np4sgxoO0I1tugoyjo1_400.gif

This happened in the next fight and he went on a 4 fight losing streak starting with GSP.

That is a shitty way to lose.. Both throw the same punch, and you get there 1/2 second too late..

Wasn’t really anyone more deserving that Gsp hadn’t already manhandled

He rocked a Mohawk that attracted the casuals

GSP had clear the division at that time. He needed fresh meat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back