I don’t even think Dan Hardy deserved his shot at GSP

tumblr_np4sgxoO0I1tugoyjo1_400.gif

This happened in the next fight and he went on a 4 fight losing streak starting with GSP.
Hilarious to think Hardy was the favorite over Condit.

He won split decisions over Marcus David and Akihiro Gono.

Two guys who I don’t even think are very good.

Beat Mike Swick who doesn’t like fighting.

and his biggest win is a finish over TJ Dillashaws coach. That idiot Duane Ludwig.

I honestly don’t think Hardy has done anything impressive in MMA.

Actually I take that back. He lasted 3 rounds against Rumble. That’s a tough ass feat for anyone.

You sound like a salty little bitch. Did he take your girl?

and his biggest win is a finish over TJ Dillashaws coach. That idiot Duane Ludwig.

Actually I take that back. He lasted 3 rounds against Rumble. That’s a tough ass feat for anyone.

You can't say that a challenger didn't deserve a title shot if you don't say who was more worthy at the time.

Context is key mate. Swick (who was like 9-1 in the UFC) was set to fight Kampmann for the next crack at GSP. Swick got hurt so Kampmann fought a debuting Paul Daley instead and got wrecked, which made Swick the clear #1 contender. Swick took a fight with Hardy to put a stamp on his contender status and was thoroughly beaten the whole fight long.

Hardy was a young, fresh marketable face in the division at the time who had just knocked off the clear top contender in an upset and was unbeaten in the UFC, his title shot was deserved.

Hindsight is 20/20 but at the time the fight made complete sense.

This is why I can never consider gsp thee goat. His talent and record surely puts him on list .....and Hardy not the only sub par welter challenger that Georges was heavily favored to beat but settled on 25 minute smotherfests and not inflicting much damage on top. I mean -theres no denying his double leg/ level changes and probably the best cage wrestler weve seen but given his log , the who and the how- I just dont see how so many people think hes the greatest thing since sliced mma bread. I think his best win ( outside making a complacent Hughes verbal tap) was probably the prime condit win and that wasnt easy .
There are a handful of goats of mma- gsp is the one guy ( and I dont know if I even mean this in a negative way) where I really dont know how to break down. I'm just being honest - I have nothing against gsp, although some people think I do ( well - outside of the whole bisping facade ....again just being brutally honest)

Dan Hardy is the weakest UFC title challenger from 2010-present. Crazy that Georges couldn’t finish him

not including short notice replacements like Joe Soto vs Dillashaw

Fought Hardy in the middle of one of the UFC's longest decision streaks.

Context is everything.

Mike Swick went 5-0 at middleweight before losing to Yushin Okami. This prompted him to drop to WW. He proceeded to go on a 4 fight win streak at WW.

With Fitch and Alves having recently lost to GSP, Hardy vs Swick was the clear #1 contender fight. Swick was a heavy favorite. Hardy won convincingly. Hardy earned the title shot.

Yea but t.s likely just Wikipedia'd. hardy and wasnt watching MMA when this happened so he wouldn't know...the real ones would know tho

Congrats

Man some of you guys are on drugs lol. Dan Hardy did not deserve a title shot against GSP but George needed somebody to fight. It was a huge deal back in the day on Sherdog.

Man some of you guys are on drugs lol. Dan Hardy did not deserve a title shot against GSP but George needed somebody to fight. It was a huge deal back in the day on Sherdog.
It's true that Hardy did not deserve the shot anywhere close to Fitch/BJ/Alves. But who else was there for him to fight at the time?

Context is everything.

Mike Swick went 5-0 at middleweight before losing to Yushin Okami. This prompted him to drop to WW. He proceeded to go on a 4 fight win streak at WW.

With Fitch and Alves having recently lost to GSP, Hardy vs Swick was the clear #1 contender fight. Swick was a heavy favorite. Hardy won convincingly. Hardy earned the title shot.
TS has no concept of the passage of time. Probably argues that Frank Shamrock wasn't good cuz everyone he beat is retired now

Wow....how many talented, experienced fighters can you talk shit about in one ignorant post? LOL

Inb4 @gono btw just because he has preset searches for every single japanese fighters to make sure no one talks down on them.

And my boy did you talk down on gono when you said "Two guys who I don’t even think are very good."

Hes gun be mad.
Gud PaperBoy.

helax tamura.gif

Back