I do not see the big deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Real Chris Brennan said:
#1 when you are a title sponsor then you should get BIGGER and MORE banners. You should NOT be allowd to stop other company's from posting or talking about their stuff. That would pretty much make it a SPRAWL forum and not a gear and equipment forum. If someone and I don't care who couldn't handle my comment and see the smart ass in it when I asked "Can I say that here" then we have really come to a low. I asked "Can I say that here" out of sarcasim NEVER thinkingit was actually going to get deleted over. As I said before I tried to sponsor this forum and a mix up within the STAFF of Sherdog screwed it up so when the forum mod's tell me I didn't step up please find out the facts. I was ready with my credit card in hand. NOW, "IF" we did get the spot I definatly would never EVER censor what everyone talks about here. All I want for my MORE MONEY is a bigger banner. I had 4 posts deleted yesterday before anyone had a chance to read them and I think that is crap.

Sprawl is a good company with great service (so I have heard) and they should not fear a company that has been here 1/2 as long. Now if it is not Sprawl but it is Shergod's rules then Shergod should not fear Sprawl losing business becuase of a wise crack or our shorts being compared to theirs. We will take the Pepsi challenge with ANYONES shorts any day of the week. I will actually buy both pairs for whoever is comparing them.

Anyway I am not sorry for making a smart ass comment that had no factual eveneice behind it. It was pure sarcasim and everyone on this forum or sponsoring this forum needs to take a deep breath and realize there are other company's selling MMA clothes and there will be competition, and you can not lay the rug over others so that they can't speak.

If anyone would like to talk to me email me at [email protected] so we don't have any other problems...

PS. Sorry if my spelling is bad I am not going back to proof.

CHRIS BRENNAN
www.nogi.com

Firstly Chris, you need to understand, this is Sherdog.net policy in regards to our sponsors, NOT Sprawl. Sprawl didn't delete your posts, I did. And when I contacted you about it, all you had to say was "I meant it in a sarcastic sense" and then i would of asked you to edit it, and we wouldn't be in the situation we are in.

As for deleting your other of the "4 posts that nobody saw", the 2nd one, was a direct quote from a private conversation we had, which according to our rules is against policy.

Ban Infractions
5. Posting a private conversation or personal information without consent.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219356

The 3rd and 4th were in that thread complaining about the thread being closed. If I wanted to discuss this in the main forum, I wouldn't of contacted you via PM to discuss it. I should be able to discuss something with you, without you going haywire and making a personal crusade in the discussion forums about it.

As for the "facts" about the sponsorship, I can only comment on the information I have. That is between you and Sherdog.

Again, as we have stated before hand on many occassions, your post was not deleted simply because Sprawl is our Sponsor. It was deleted because:

you're post said 1 nogi short lasts longer than 4 sprawl shorts. If someone was badmouthing your shorts in the same way, sarcastic or not, you would expect it to be dealt with too, wouldn't you? Especially if you are a paying sponsor. It was an even stickier situation because a) Nogi Industries is your company, so it's coming from your mouth. if it were coming from ANY other posters not affiliated with you, then there wouldn't have been anything I could of done about it.

So in conclusion, ALL my efforts to keep this a private matter went completely down the drain when you went behind my back, ignored my pleas to keep this a private matter, and then made 2 threads on the subject. All you had to say was "it was sarcastic" and we could of dealt with this differently.

Also, as a side note to everyone, when something gets deleted because of the new regulations, it is not SPRAWL's doing, it is the moderators, we enforce the rules, which are given to us by Jeff. So don't think it's SPRAWL trying to take over and censor you, it isn't.

1:30am here, sleep time.

~Foz

Madmick said:
Does the fact I already own pairs of both exclude me from this offer? Cause I'm still a little hurt over the newbs grabbing the free sprawls.

Madmick, you should be ashamed.... they werent noobs, they were trolls :p and troll newbs :p

PS. If someone ELSE had both shorts and would have said "I feel my Nogi's would last longer than 4 pair of Sprawls" would it have gotten deleted or just writen off as opinion?

Refer to my other post. The answer is no, it wouldnt have been deleted.

~Foz

You are so wrong. I would not expect ANYTHING from you guys if someone was saying Sprawl was better then Nogi. You can say it is Sherdog's rules all you want but the same thing is happening on the UG right now and someone let the cat out of the bag. Sprawl has an "EXCLUSIVE" deal with both site there for NEW rules and that is why all of the sudden no one can say ours are better. YOu get more advertisment when you are a lead sponsor you don't get to stop others from talking about their shorts.

Jeff is giving the rules but who is giving them to Jeff?

When you came and told me about my thread how would we have gone back and edited it? You deleted it BEFORE contacting me.

You are so wrong. I would not expect ANYTHING from you guys if someone was saying Sprawl was better then Nogi. You can say it is Sherdog's rules all you want but the same thing is happening on the UG right now and someone let the cat out of the bag. Sprawl has an "EXCLUSIVE" deal with both site there for NEW rules and that is why all of the sudden no one can say ours are better. YOu get more advertisment when you are a lead sponsor you don't get to stop others from talking about their shorts.

Jeff is giving the rules but who is giving them to Jeff?

When you came and told me about my thread how would we have gone back and edited it? You deleted it BEFORE contacting me.

No, you are so wrong. And this isn't the UG, this is Sherdog.net.

it's okay for ANYONE else but you to say stuff like that. And I only used the "if someone badmouthed nogi products" as an example as to IF you were a sponsor.

"YOu get more advertisment when you are a lead sponsor you don't get to stop others from talking about their shorts."

I do, especially when the owner of the company is bad mouthing another companys shorts, sarcasm intended or not.

Theres no need for 2 extra threads, one containing privately discussed info, and the second about you bitching about one post being deleted. In relation to going back and fixing it, I could undelete your post.

I pose a question to you before I go to sleep, if I had gone over to MMAWeekly's forum and said "MMA WEEKLY SUCKS, SHERDOG OWNZ IT!!!!!!!!" do you think Ryan Bennet, or any other mod would hesitate deleting it?

~Foz (sleeping)

Did I say anyone sucked or did I say I owned anyone? I simply said 1 of ours would outlast 4 of theres and I still feel this way

So you are saying it IS SPRAWLS forum

Actually, it's my forum. -.-;

Chris, i don't know what to say, I'm just repeating myself now.

1. It's not Sprawl's forum, they are the SPONSOR for this forum though, thus giving them special rights, and privledges obviously.

2. You know the rules, and if you don't read them, and if you can't find them I'll get them for you, and if you don't like them, thats not my problem. I only enforce the rules.

~Foz

I'll take the pepsi chalenge !!...i could use some new fight shorts..my old shorts blew out around the seem !

Did I say anyone sucked or did I say I owned anyone? I simply said 1 of ours would outlast 4 of theres and I still feel this way

You are implying that their quality is inferior to your brand and in essence, yes, you are saying they suck. Now, if a regular person with no affiliation to either company made that remark it would be somewhat more permissble. That person wouldn't have any financial motivation to make such a comment whereas you do.

I'm actually quite surprised you haven't been yellow carded or banned yet. If some other CEO or company representative came here and attacked another brand regardless of whether that brand sponsored the forum they would be banned. You are granted a little extra leeway because you are a professional fighter and so many here admire and respect you.

You also seem to only take jabs at Sprawl and not other manufacturers/competitors. I don't know if you have some resentment over Sprawl getting the sponsor over you or the fact you recognize Sprawl as the premiere brand of fight shorts and hence the need for comparison. In your defense the shots you take at Sprawl are cheeky in manner and I think some here are blowing things out of proportion.

Sprawl, as far as I can remember has never made mention specifcally of any competitors' products. They let their product speak for it's own and that's why they are in the position they are in this industry. Leave product comparisons to the reviewers and don't make any comments about other companies and you'll be fine.

King Kabuki said:
Again though, that becomes a matter of that one Company is paying for the right to do this and another is not. But if you pay attention to Jeff's post up there, he's saying you can post reviews of a Product or something of that sort that's just free information, just not something that is a blatant and direct advertisement. But if you post about a Product review and people are alerted to your Product quality, they'll go to your site, SEE you're having a sale, and you get the SAME results without having to directly violate the rule structure here.

Like Ron says, if you go about it the correct way which is in compliance with what we're asking, your sales won't take too much of a crap. And Ron will also tell you that if you're willing to ask Jeff or any Mod who can help as to wanting to do something specific for a specific purpose, Sherdog staff has been more than willing to be lenient if it doesn't negate the entire purpose of someone being a Forum Sponsor.

Plus there's also the factor that at some point Sprawl's sponsorship will end. At that point any waiting Company with the capability will have a chance to have the exact same benefits and everyone gets their turn reign supreme. lol

I agree completely and sales and specials should only be for sponsors, but why can you only have one sponsor? What if Fairtex wanted to sponsor this forum as well? They aren't in any real competition with Sprawl so would you allow this? In fact if Nogi or Tapout wanted to sponsor the forum as well why not? All it would allow them to do is advertise specials for their products.

I also have an issue with letting sponsors being mods. They *could* edit disparaging remarks on their products and delete threads pertaining to positive reviews of competitiors. Obviously Steve wouldn't and hasn't done any such thing further solidifying his good character but the next sponsor could.

Also as a sponsor they aren't given free reign to bash another competitor so there really isn't any reason not to allow more than one sponsor. Anyone affiliated with a company shouldn't be allowed to remark about another companies product in which their is direct product sales competition (with the exception if the remark is strictly positive).

"I also have an issue with letting sponsors being mods. They *could* edit disparaging remarks on their products and delete threads pertaining to positive reviews of competitiors."

I agree with you and we do not have mod capabilities. We only have the ability to post sticky threads for advertisments. Jeff said he needed to list us as a mod to allow us this function. We have no capabilities beyond that.

On this topic as a whole: We feel these attacks on SPRAWL have been going on for some time now and this is just an attempt to smear our name.

Steve

Kyle Johnson said:
I'll take the pepsi chalenge !!...i could use some new fight shorts..my old shorts blew out around the seem !

No, no, no, send me 06 Nogis as I love doing comparative reviews, lol. I was thinking of comparing the 05 models of Sprawl and Nogi but didn't know if this would be wise or result in my ban. I felt fine comparing revisions within the same brand since it really shouldn't hurt sales for that comp. Head-to-head comparisons between two competitors may be different though as it might persuade one to favor one brand over another and hurt sales of the other company. As a result there's the chance of facing possible litigation in which I have no interest. If mods and company ceos clear it though I'd be happy to compare the 06 lines of Sprawl and Nogi in only the most objective manner. Might also throw Inspirit into the mix.

I would compare the 05 lines but it seems rather moot at this point since neither are still available. Plus the 06 revisions in the Sprawl line-up are quite vast over previous models and address some of the issues with past models. I don't know if the same applies to Nogi but we'll or at least I'll find out soon hopefully.

I like how now everyone knows my business.....Chris is really close to being the first pro fighter banned from sherdog.net. It is bad enough when i have to put up with and ban the 12 year olds around here. Now a pro fighter and owner of a company. Sad.

Sprawl does not have an exclusive anything on here. They never said anything about this. I like how you Chris keep saying we screwed up. I beg to differ if you would have stepped up and taken care of business you might have gotten the sponsorship. But that did not happen you were probably posting a free ad on here at the time and put it off again.

See this whole thing is getting really really stupid. I deal with my 6 year old everyday and do not want to do it on the forums. If this place is so bad now or sucks perfect i have an idea got to your website and make a forum and you can post all the sales and negative comments there. Bottom line is you have been acting like a kid since Sprawl got the banner. We have offered you many other offers and at very good deals and you have yet to step up. Imagine that! So stop using "we were going to do it" because you didn't and have been offered since and haven't so it is getting very old.

I hate to bring all this out into public but there is really no choice anymore.

Steve Marino said:
"I also have an issue with letting sponsors being mods. They *could* edit disparaging remarks on their products and delete threads pertaining to positive reviews of competitiors."

I agree with you and we do not have mod capabilities. We only have the ability to post sticky threads for advertisments. Jeff said he needed to list us as a mod to allow us this function. We have no capabilities beyond that.

On this topic as a whole: We feel these attacks on SPRAWL have been going on for some time now and this is just an attempt to smear our name.

Steve

That's good to know. As per the attacks on Sprawl you should take it as a compliment. You are obviously at the pinnacle of the fight short manufacturers so competitors have to compare themselves to the golden standard and take pot shots. And I love when people had to point out that both fighters who wore Sprawl at the past UFC lost. Yup, their subtle implications are hilarious.

How is this still up for discussion. I say close the thread and let it stand as a warning.

Relax people, no need for bannings. I agree with Jeremiah. Leaving this thread open is just going to cause more fighting and we don't want that, close it and let the mods do their jobs.

The problem with this whole situation is that the enforcement of whatever the policies are did not start until after the sponsorship. This is isn't Sprawl's fault. The site was probably always meant to run this way but mods of the past weren't enforcing the rules.

With all do respect, to me as an MMA consumer, it is a big deal.

I too wish that we could have multiple sponsors, but how Sherdog structures sponsorship options (or allows multiple sponsors at all) is totally his decision. He has a right to make money, and yes, at the expense of other businesses, and yes, even at the expense of convenience to our consumership. That's just business.

It appears Jeff has been trying to work out another deal with Chris, already. I hope they can reach an agreement that satisfies them both.

Chris, I do think you're acting immaturely, and not like a businessman. We really love having you here and your committment to a quality product and service, so let this drop. I was upset at first because I didn't understand the rules (and apparently, they're not finalized for the change yet; I understand how that could be frustrating for you). But Foz explained the one in question pretty clearly- you, personally, are not to review competitors' products. Steve hasn't been allowed any special privelege there, now that I think about it.

Your shorts are freaking spectacular. We're not going to stop buying them or talking about them. If you were wronged, you were wronged, clearly you can't rectify that wrong now. So do what you can.

But please stay with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back