i didn't realize..shogun is 5-5 in the ufc

One takedown is now numerous? Lol...

I've only seen the fight once sorry I misremembered, all the stuff that happened in that fight blurs together for me. Hendo still whooped that ass and won. Shogun is lucky it was 5 rounds otherwise he would of lost a lopsided decision. Not impressed with someone getting the shit kicked out of them badly then taking advantage of a gassed fighter.

We've been over this before. Shogun outlanded Hendo by 23-8 and took him down 3 times. How the hell is that a draw? There isn't a single site which scores that round for Hendo, or as a draw.

Like the other guy said, watch the fight instread if just reading numbers...especially fightmetric numbers.

Shogun didn't outland Hendo no 23-8 and two of those 'takedowns' were not completed. They were scrambles that Hendo ended up winning.

We need a little honesty.and objectivity when having these discussions.

But he has faught elites all the time! However, Shogun is pretty much done

I will remember him as a top 5 fighter who put on great shows.

One takedown is now numerous? Lol...

He only got one real takedown but he outgrappled Shogun for the bulk of that round. He reversed Shoguns takedown attempts, slapped a crucifix, secured mount, had a one arm guillotine for about a min, and ended the round on top.

Yeah but really he should be 6-3-1

Shouldve beat Lyoto and draw against Hendo

True. His record wouldn't seem as bad if them 2 decisions went the way they should have.

I think ComebackKid just doesn't like Shogun. Hey ComebackKid, remember this avatar you sported for a while? :icon_twis

picture.php

I hate to sayitbut his career was kind of a flash in the pan. He looked incredibly for a couple of years but then started dropping fights and only looked elite again against Lyoto. Its pretty sad.

Wow. This poster not impressed by Shogun? Blowing my mind.

Anyway, he was the man in both organizations before the age of 30. He's the second best LHW of all time, and the best will probably end up being remembered as a HW anyway. His fights with Henderson, Rogerio, Machida, and Forrest are all some of the best of all time. One of the most exciting fighters of all time. Top 10 MMA fighters of all time.

But hey, he's a flash in the pan...

Well he did win 75% of it

He controlled Shogun for a little bit he got his ass kicked that round.

We've been down this road before. I can dispel any possible notion of any sort of argument for Henderson even having somewhat of a chance at winning that round, very, very easily.

Last edited:
He only got one real takedown but he outgrappled Shogun for the bulk of that round. He reversed Shoguns takedown attempts, slapped a crucifix, secured mount, had a one arm guillotine for about a min, and ended the round on top.

Do us a favor and stop posting in threads about Shogun, and threads about Anderson.

Your love-hate spectrum is ruining this website for the rest of us.

Good UFC fighter (not elite) with blind and annoying fans like this.

i guess all of these guys are blind, annoying fans too:

MMA journalists, websites:

FightMetric: 49-47 Rua
CompuStrike: Rua outlanded Machida 89-50 in Total Strikes landed including 73 Leg Strikes landed. Rua dominated the fight and did just about everything he needed to do to beat the undefeated Machida, including outlanding Machida in every round, but apparently it wasn't enough for the judges.
Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua
BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua
USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua
Savage Science: 49-46 Rua
ESPN / Jake Rossen: 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua
411mania.com: 48-47 Rua
CagePotato: 49-46 Rua
MMATorch : 48-47 Rua
MMAJunkie : 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
MMAMania : 50-45 Rua
5 Ounces of Pain : Rua (no score given)
Fightlinker : Rua (no score given)
MMAConvert: Rua ("Machida was given a gift")
ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua
Sherdog:
Jordan Breen -- 48-47 Rua
Brian Knapp -- 48-47 Rua
Mike Fridley -- 50-45 Rua
Sports Illustrated (thanks jamers):
Ben Fowlkes - Rua ("They say you have to clearly beat the champion if you want to take his belt. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua seemed to have done just that at UFC 104 on Saturday night, but the mere fact that UFC light heavyweight champ Lyoto Machida was still conscious at the end was apparently enough for the judges to give him the victory")
Joss Gross: 48-47 Rua
MMARising / Robert Sargeant (thanks TheEnigma): 49-46 Rua
FightLine: 49-46 Rua (thanks karatelarusso)
Loretta Hunt (thanks On Letting Go): Rua ("I am very disappointed in the decision. Very upsetting. The sport owes Mauricio "Shogun" Rua a big apology.")
TATAME (thanks Radamantis): "Maur

Machida managed to land a total of 7 strikes in round 2 against Shogun, yet he somehow won it? GTFO, Fightmetric, Compustrike, every play for play and just about every fighter who has commented on it scored it for Shogun.

i dont even look at any of those numbers. not all strikes are created equally. and the numbers seem bogus many times.

people were expecting shogun to get blown away so when he had some success people were making a bigger deal out of it like rogan which swayed many people.

Lol, i've seen that fight 10 times or sth. There's no way to score it for Machida. I'm a fan of both guys but that's the simple truth.

Lol WRONG.

'Fan of both guys' my ass. You're the biggest drooling Shogun nuthugger on this forum.

Back