i didn't realize..shogun is 5-5 in the ufc

Look at who he's fought. It's a damn murderer's row. Well, except for Coleman...

And Vera ...

Well, wait a minute ...

People need to learn what a robbery is. That wasn't one.

true...
i though shogun won, but to say that he got robbed?...not really. It was a close decision where the champ got the nod, not a surprise really.....

LoL at people saying Hendo beat Shogun. It was a clear draw. You guy forget it was a 5 round fight, not 3 round fight. If Hendo beat Shogun then what was he doing on the ground hopeless at the end of the FIGHT? He could possibly collapse in round 6 if there was round 6 and you say he beat Shogun, lol.
He beat him for the first part of the fight, clearly. Then gassed out and got dominated. He gassed himself out hitting his fists against Shogun's face so Shogun should be the one laying on the ground in round no. 5, but he is a tough dude.
It was a draw. Hendo was a lot closer to finishing the fight, but noone won that fight.

Not really....''it should have'' is irrelevant imo. The first fight with Machida was a toss up , i saw him winning but a fight that close doesn't have a clear cut winner.
Henderson beat him savagely for 15 minutes. No complain about that.
Well Im not someone who just accepts something because it went in the book like that. With that kind of attitude you have to accept some pretty ridiculous outcomes like Jones/Hamil or Rumble getting TKO'd by obvious eye pokes.

Draw against Hendo? Hendo hit shogun with everything but the kitchen sink in that fight.

Yeah but how do you not score round 5 a 10-8? I will tell you how, it is because Henderson has some kind of glamor cast on judges so he never loses a fight the goes the distance. The reason the other rounds weren't 10-8 for Henderson was because Henderson was getting beat up too, just not as badly. Round 5 was 5 minutes of Shogun on top of Hendo punching him in the face with absolutely no offense from Hendo

I would give it a three-way combination of injuries, conditioning, and the rapid rise of the skillset of the LHW division. Back in his prime, Shogun didn't have to deal with the caliber of athletes and the diversity of disciplines that newer LHW's possess today. He also never had to fight in a cage. Its an variable that is often overlooked, but carries a heavy distinction. IMO Shogun is still a potential world beater, but his window is closing fast.

I hate to sayitbut his career was kind of a flash in the pan. He looked incredibly for a couple of years but then started dropping fights and only looked elite again against Lyoto. Its pretty sad.

I hate to sayitbut his career was kind of a flash in the pan. He looked incredibly for a couple of years but then started dropping fights and only looked elite again against Lyoto. Its pretty sad.

Flash in the pan? Despite his injuries, the guy has been a part of amazing fights lately despite the middling record and he's consistently fighting top guys. You act like he's mincemeat. His PRIDE run is still epic, he's still just had too much trouble staying healthy.

LoL at people saying Hendo beat Shogun. It was a clear draw. You guy forget it was a 5 round fight, not 3 round fight. If Hendo beat Shogun then why was he doing on the ground hopeless at the end of the FIGHT? He could possibly collapse in round 6 if there was round 6 and you say he beat Shogun, lol.
He beat him for the first part of the fight, clearly. Then gassed out and got dominated. He gassed himself out hitting his fists against Shogun's face so Shogun should be the one laying on the ground in round no. 5, but he is a tough dude.
It was a draw. Hendo was a lot closer to finishing the fight, but noone won that fight.

under ufc rules Hendo clearly won. Third round of that fight was an absolute slaughter. Round 4 and 5 was a gassed out hendo with Shogun on top of him but he did little damage. Hell, he never attempted any sub when he could have. 3 rounds Hendo vs 2 Shogun and the third round was way more brutal than the 5th...

LoL at people saying Hendo beat Shogun. It was a clear draw. You guy forget it was a 5 round fight, not 3 round fight. If Hendo beat Shogun then what was he doing on the ground hopeless at the end of the FIGHT? He could possibly collapse in round 6 if there was round 6 and you say he beat Shogun, lol.

Hendo won 3.75 rounds of the fight and gae Shogun the worst beating of his career outside if the Jones fight. Hendo clearly won the fight and clearly showed himself tobe thesuperior fighter.

You're in denial. It's fine. Henderson won that fight three rounds to two and each fighter had a 10-8 round from my perspective. Great fight between two gritty warriors. Henderson won it, though.

true...
i though shogun won, but to say that he got robbed?...not really. It was a close decision where the champ got the nod, not a surprise really.....

Nope. You have to beat the champ to win the belt, that's the way it's always been in combat sports.

i have always been saying he is overrated. 5-5 is not a good record no matter how you put it. shogun failed to adapt to the game of mma.

You're in denial. It's fine. Henderson won that fight three rounds to two and each fighter had a 10-8 round from my perspective. Great fight between two gritty warriors. Henderson won it, though.

How the hell is round 3 10-8 for Hendo? Except for the knockdown it was pretty close, Shogun managed to take Hendo down in that round.

I feel like most of shoguns best career meets were in pride. Yet despite a whole career of wins and multiple injuries, he still came to the UFC and destroyed his opponents and even won the title. He is a legendary fighter for sure.

Flash in the pan? Despite his injuries, the guy has been a part of amazing fights lately despite the middling record and he's consistently fighting top guys. You act like he's mincemeat. His PRIDE run is still epic, he's still just had too much trouble staying healthy.

I have him top 15 of all time so hes far from mincemeat. But the bulk of his claim to the top 15 is that two year run in Pride. Since then he really hasnt reached that level again.

I still don't understand how people can argue this. Hendo did 10x more damage to Shogun in that fight in the first three rounds than Shogun did the entire fight. What people won't admit is Shogun gassed also and though he controlled the later rounds, he wasn't able to do much. Even when he mounted Henderson and was throwing punches, Henderson didn't look in dangerous.

i have always been saying he is overrated. 5-5 is not a good record no matter how you put it. shogun failed to adapt to the game of mma.

If Shogun is overrated then every other LHW is as well. He has one of the best resumes in the weight class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back