I consider Rory MacDonald the uncrowned WW king

Rory is a great fighter just not sure where he goes from here. That 2nd Robbie fight made me a fan I used to hate the kid and think he was intentionally boring.

Some of you need to rewatch the fights. Rory made both Condit and Lawler look like amateurs.

Let's be honest: who would you favor in MacDonald vs. Lawler III?

Just rewatched, can confirm he was brutally finished and badly, badly disfigured after both fights.

But technically undefeated.

He was about to go 2 rounds to 1 down to Lawler who was eating him up in the second fight, then he landed that head kick and got himself back in it.

But I do think Rory is probably one of the best in MMA from a pure technique standpoint.

Some of you need to rewatch the fights. Rory made both Condit and Lawler look like amateurs.

Be honest: who would you favor in a MacDonald vs. Lawler III fight?
HE MADE LAWLER LOOK LIKE AN AMATEUR??

holy shit, not sure what fights you were watching

first fight lawler clearly won, second yeah he got wobbled, he was losing till the fifth, but he NEVER looked like an amateur

the condit fight i cant talk cause i wasnt around back then and i dont have fight pass

and about a third fight, both fighters can adapt to their mistakes of the second fight, so i dunno, although lawler seems to have lost a step in his technique, but this is mainly to his boxing coach retiring or something, so its something that seems to be fixable, but not sure what ATT is gonna do about that
and rory, we dont know how rory is. i know he was pumped, said that he learned a lot and these kind of things. he may be ok mentally but we dont know if he lost a step physically

Rory beat lawler like Rousey beat holm.

i'd pick rory over anyone at ww, including lawler. he is ranked #1 afterall.
Sure, but the two opportunities he's had previously have gone in the favor of Robbie. Both were very competitive, so Rory definitely has a shot.

Sure, but the two opportunities he's had previously have gone in the favor of Robbie. Both were very competitive, so Rory definitely has a shot.
i think the joke is that rory is ranked number "one". so hes number one guy in the division. or maybe not

Rory is not undefeated lol, Robbie Lawler "broke his whole shit", to quote MMA writer Ben Fowlkes. Robbie earned that.

However, I do kind of agree with your overall point, in spirit: I do think Rory will get that belt, it's just a matter of when. Hell, he was right on the verge of it in his last fight, winning the rounds against Robbie until he got stopped.

Rory came into the game with incredible raw talent, but what has really impressed me over the years has been his steady rise of technique since then. He keeps getting better and better. That performance against Woodley where he completely shut him down on the feet with an incredibly slick boxing game was really something to watch. He has come so far, and I don't think he's hit his ceiling yet.

He has the talent to be the 170 king, but the heart just isn't there. All that has to happen is to have guys like Lawler and Condit turn up the heat and have a good flurry of offense and Mac folds and looks for a way out.

and honestly, lets be real here, look at your sign. you have this profound hatred for ronda. go fix your head

but, read quickly and funny ronda index

I think that Rory can beat Robbie but he is not technically undefeated...

He got tagged and TKO'd... If he was technically undefeated he would have been blocking or slipping Robbie's punches and countering.

This thread, as it doesn't make any sense, is now about Cell.

latest

Also, the new episode of DBZ Abridged is out, and it is AMAZING! Anyone else watch this? It's the best.

Jesus, I have so many of you on my 'ignore' list. I'm gonna take you all off it but you better step it up. I'm not taking that Cyndicate baby off but it's clean slate day for the rest of you.

Edit: I only had 3 of you 'ignored' (not including theCyndicate because I won't include him in anything. You're all back now, except ALANPARTRIDGE. He's also still dead to me.

So 2 of you are back. You know who you are. Actually, you probably don't.

Last edited:
Back