I challenge everyone (especially the haters) to give your own striking count of round 2

Okay, let's break it down shall we...here is Reyes' and JJ's strikes in R2.

Reyes' R2 strikes
4:56 body jab but it's weak
4:54 leg kick
4:45 calf/shin kick
4:39 chest/oblique kick
4:23 low kick by Reyes but it's weak
(the flurry starts)
4:15 solid jab to Jones' dome
4:12 jab connects
4:10 jab connects as Jones is running away
4:08 jab partially connects
4:06 jab connects
3:59 liver shot connects as Jones retreats
(the flurry ends)
3:50 body jab
3:41 inside high thigh kick
3:29 low kick that was partially checked
3:08 thigh kick
2:57 gut jab
2:53 uppercut jab to Jones' left jaw
2:50 another gut jab
2:35 Reyes throws right hook but can't tell if it lands or partially lands
2:33 another gut jab
1:47 jab that Jones' partially blocks
1:38 another gut jab
1:32 left leg kick
1:25 jab/uppercut that partially lands
1:23 right hook that partially lands
:55 left hook that partially lands
:51 left leg kick
:38 perfectly timed left hook on Jones' chin
:22 beautiful uppercut to Jones
:10 inside leg kick

Not counting any of the partially or weak ones...that's 21 total strikes.

JJ's R2 strikes
4:47 either missed or partially blocked left jab...hard to tell
4:38 left jab that's partially blocked
4:19 body kick by JJ (his first real connection)
4:14 left jab
3:17 weak leg stab
3:13 weak body kick
3:08 JJ throws a jab that misses yet Jon Anik goes "nice counter by Jones" when it's an obvious whiff
3:02 leg stab
2:57 another weak leg stab
2:38 solid left hook to Reyes' temple
1:51 leg stab
1:43 right jab that's partially blocked
1:36 solid left jab
1:25 right jab that partially lands
1:23 partially blocked left jab
1:13 high kick that's blocked by Reyes' arms
1:10 inside leg kick
1:06 weak leg stab
:58 left jab that misses and gets blocked...yet Dominick Cruz says "nice left hand" when it's an obvious miss lol
:55 weird forearm punch that partially lands
:38 thigh kick
:31 another thigh kick
:27 stomach kick
:22 jab is partially blocked
:01 left hook that completely misses

Again, not counting any of the partially or weak ones...that's 11 total strikes.

There you have it:
Reyes 21
JJ 11

Now, you re-watch the fight and tell me what strikes are wrong, missing, or miscalled above:
I wasn't challenging any single one of the shots you broke down, as I haven't bothered to do a thorough play by play myself. I was commenting more about the double standard in how you were describing the specific blows in your original post. None of them were really rocked by anything the other threw, yet you only really mentioned this after shots that Jon landed. You were also applying all these strong adjectives to Reyes's strikes, but weren't doing the same for Jon. Thirdly you also made note of Jon retreating in that one instance, but didn't talk about all the time he spent pressing forward with Reyes backing up. As to this new list you made, I'm not sure of what you're describing as weak or partially landed, so I'm not going to try to dive into that. Virtually all of the strikes landed throughout the fight were labeled as significant.

I know that Reyes landed more shots than Jon in that round. However, there are other intangibles that judges look at when scoring a fight. For example, in the Santos fight, Jon outlanded Thiago in four of five rounds, yet not one judge had it 49-46, and one even scored the fight in favor of Thiago. I also know that the striking numbers were closer in round 3 than they were in 2, yet everyone seems convinced that Reyes won that one more decidedly than 2.

I'm sorry, what? That's fucking retarded. The fact that you wrote that just shows that you're a fucking moron.
Or that you didn't think it through. A KO wins the round and the fight. This is basic.

Or that you didn't think it through. A KO wins the round and the fight. This is basic.
Then say that and then don't use KO winning a fight in an argument about decisions.

There is no justification for Jones winning any of rounds 1, 2 or 3. Now you're just being retarded making absurd arguments and turning them into straw man arguments.

The fact that you are employing dishonest debate tactics just proves that you are a little cuck bitch that has lost the argument.

Then say that and then don't use KO winning a fight in an argument about decisions.

There is no justification for Jones winning any of rounds 1, 2 or 3. Now you're just being retarded making absurd arguments and turning them into straw man arguments.

The fact that you are employing dishonest debate tactics just proves that you are a little cuck bitch that has lost the argument.
Wow you're really angry my man. Calm the fuck down. This isn't life and death. And I wasn't making any argument besides "there are obv cases where 1 strike beats 50" - that was just a point of logic for me and not related to the decision.

But overall, relax. Listen to the FUCKING birds outside man. Life will continue - I promise you. When you see the rainbow think of me man.... geez....

Wow you're really angry my man. Calm the fuck down. This isn't life and death. And I wasn't making any argument besides "there are obv cases where 1 strike beats 50" - that was just a point of logic for me and not related to the decision.

But overall, relax. Listen to the FUCKING birds outside man. Life will continue - I promise you. When you see the rainbow think of me man.... geez....
What annoys me are people using ridiculous arguments and dishonest debate tactics.

You mean like how jon was carried out of the octagon after the Santos fight???

And here is a news flash: fighters can injure their knees without taking any leg kicks. I like how your :eek::eek::eek: cuck self is automatically assuming Jones hurt Reyes' legs. Maybe he had a pre existing injury.

Pretty much says it all.

Reyes win.

Holy shit this is comedy gold.

What annoys me are people using ridiculous arguments and dishonest debate tactics.
Well luckily there's all of REAL life to offset that annoyance. This morning a baby smiled. Try it - it's good!

For the record I wasn't debating you - I was telling you there is an easy scenario where 1 strike beats 50 and there is. And I'm still not debating you.

Think of the rainbows and the babies, man. It helps.

Back