I challenge everyone (especially the haters) to give your own striking count of round 2

40% of Jon's "significant strikes" are leg kicks.

Most of those should not count as significant. Dont ne received by skewed numbers. Reyes won the round.
There is no question he won the round thats what these stats say

You Sir are the definition of not reading then posting. What is your personal tally or GTFOH
You are not OP and I wasnt partaking
Also I gave you the stats to why some "clown" told you that, its because those were the official stats

Here's a detailed breakdown of what happened in Rd 2 - it's so obvious Reyes won:

Round 2:
4:54 Reyes with a solid inside leg kick
4:47 Nice calf kick by Reyes, JJ tries to respond but whiffs on a jab
4:39 Reyes with a body kick, JJ counters with another jab and misses
4:17 JJ with a good kick to the body of Reyes
4:15 Reyes responds with a jab right to JJ's mouth followed up with that flurry that many say JJ supposedly "dodged"...well, re-watch that flurry. Reyes threw about a dozen punches and landed about 5-6. Meanwhile. JJ didn't do anything during this flurry
3:58 Reyes ends his flurry with a solid body shot as JJ retreats
3:41 Reyes lands a high thigh kick, that was pretty close to being a groin shot but not close enough upon close review
3:30 Reyes lands a powerful kick to JJ's left leg that is partially checked by his knee
3:08 Reyes attempts another leg kick that JJ checks and counters with a jab but barely misses Reyes
2:53 Reyes with an upper-jab to JJ's chin followed by a solid body shot
2:38 JJ lands his FIRST significant strike of the round, left jab on Reyes' chin but Reyes shows no effects as he counters with a jab but misses
2:22 JJ attempts a weird kick and whiffs
1:41 JJ and Reyes both exchange a few jabs but both are blocked
1:34 JJ sticks Reyes with a solid jab that doesn't seem to affect Reyes but it makes the crowd oooo and ahhhh
1:24 JJ and Reyes simultaneously throw upper cuts and both are partially blocked (this is pretty crazy looking lol)
1:18 Reyes throws a combo but JJ blocks it...JJ responds with a high kick that Reyes blocks
1:08 JJ with an inside leg kick
:55 Both JJ and Reyes throw bombs that land simultaneously
:37 Reyes lands a solid left jab to JJ's temple
:27 JJ with a leg kick and body kick that doesn't seem to effect Reyes
:22 Beautiful upper cut by Reyes and a left hook behind it
:10 Reyes with a solid inside leg kick
:01 JJ throws a wild hook and whiffs badly
So by your completely unbiased and objective account, none of Jon's shots affected Reyes, and every single one of Reyes's strikes were either "solid" or "powerful". Strange that they didn't unanimously score this 10-7 for Reyes.

I have Reyes a little over 20 strike-that I would consider not whiffed or rolled by Jones...roughly 12-15 for Jones but some are unclear since it's not super obvious how well they landed.

Reyes for sure outlanded Jon in round 2 of this we have 0 discussion, I wont hear it. But on to the actual implications of the thread being 'higher strikes doesn't mean he won the round' which would be fair enough if Reyes didn't land the better shots and show more aggression in the exchanges. So what point is trying to be made with the 50 to 1 from OP is lost on me as it's clear to anyone Dom' landed more and better shots in round to than Jones.

Other notes, Reyes did miss more shots also so Jon was probably higher land percent by a decent bit. As for control-mindlessly advancing while you opponent successfully employs good enough movement to land better shots isn't control.
Also at 1 point Jon full blown turned his back in round 2 and ran away for a few seconds while taking two shots in the process....

I'm sorry, but after re watching that round you would have to be a complete moron to score it for anyone but Reyes.

Me and a buddy tried counting strikes watching a boxing match to compare what we came up with to the compustats. It was brutal doing that shit only to see how far off we were. I'm not doing that anymore. Leave it to the people who get paid for it. I think I've seen enough fights over my lifetime to know who won a round though.

You are not OP and I wasnt partaking
Also I gave you the stats to why some "clown" told you that, its because those were the official stats
Meaning it was a clown like yourself parroting stats that dont add up if you count yourself? Got you. Also if you dont read threads and call yourself not participating dont respond to me. I dont have time for it

Last edited:
Meaning it was clown like yourself parroting stats that dont add up if you count yourself? Got you. Also if you dont read threads and call yourself not participating dont respond to me. I dont have time for it
You had time to type that out then read this

Me and a buddy tried counting strikes watching a boxing match to compare what we came up with to the compustats. It was brutal doing that shit only to see how far off we were. I'm not doing that anymore. Leave it to the people who get paid for it. I think I've seen enough fights over my lifetime to know who won a round though.

Yup if you let 10 people do it then you would get 10 different outcomes.

I have Reyes a little over 20 strike-that I would consider not whiffed or rolled by Jones...roughly 12-15 for Jones but some are unclear since it's not super obvious how well they landed.

Reyes for sure outlanded Jon in round 2 of this we have 0 discussion, I wont hear it. But on to the actual implications of the thread being 'higher strikes doesn't mean he won the round' which would be fair enough if Reyes didn't land the better shots and show more aggression in the exchanges. So what point is trying to be made with the 50 to 1 from OP is lost on me as it's clear to anyone Dom' landed more and better shots in round to than Jones.

Other notes, Reyes did miss more shots also so Jon was probably higher land percent by a decent bit. As for control-mindlessly advancing while you opponent successfully employs good enough movement to land better shots isn't control.
Also at 1 point Jon full blown turned his back in round 2 and ran away for a few seconds while taking two shots in the process....

I'm sorry, but after re watching that round you would have to be a complete moron to score it for anyone but Reyes.
In round 2 in particular Jones for me landed an equal amount of clean crisp shots and controlled the Octagon but it was close enough I can see a draw or Reyes edging it.

Jon looked like Muhammed Ali dodging him in round 2. Reyes landed nothing significant in that flurry and ran like Condit vs. Diaz the rest of the round. 10-9 Jones

Go on, watch the second round again of the Jones vs. Reyes fight. Count the strikes landed according to your own tally and post them here.

We don't have mention the obvious, that not every strike has the same significance. Because we all know somebody can be outlanded 1 to 50 and still win the round (and the fight).

I just wonder how many different counts we are going to see and if we see the unlikely event of two people having the exact same tally happen. I'll start off.

I counted 24 strikes for Reyes and 21 for Jones.

Talk about beating a dead horse...

<Meh02>

40% of Jon's "significant strikes" are leg kicks.

Most of those should not count as significant. Dont ne received by skewed numbers. Reyes won the round.

Jones hating GSP worshippers: His stupid leg kicks aren't significant!

Reyes: gets carried out of stadium after fight

So by your completely unbiased and objective account, none of Jon's shots affected Reyes, and every single one of Reyes's strikes were either "solid" or "powerful". Strange that they didn't unanimously score this 10-7 for Reyes.

Okay, let's break it down shall we...here is Reyes' and JJ's strikes in R2.

Reyes' R2 strikes
4:56 body jab but it's weak
4:54 leg kick
4:45 calf/shin kick
4:39 chest/oblique kick
4:23 low kick by Reyes but it's weak
(the flurry starts)
4:15 solid jab to Jones' dome
4:12 jab connects
4:10 jab connects as Jones is running away
4:08 jab partially connects
4:06 jab connects
3:59 liver shot connects as Jones retreats
(the flurry ends)
3:50 body jab
3:41 inside high thigh kick
3:29 low kick that was partially checked
3:08 thigh kick
2:57 gut jab
2:53 uppercut jab to Jones' left jaw
2:50 another gut jab
2:35 Reyes throws right hook but can't tell if it lands or partially lands
2:33 another gut jab
1:47 jab that Jones' partially blocks
1:38 another gut jab
1:32 left leg kick
1:25 jab/uppercut that partially lands
1:23 right hook that partially lands
:55 left hook that partially lands
:51 left leg kick
:38 perfectly timed left hook on Jones' chin
:22 beautiful uppercut to Jones
:10 inside leg kick

Not counting any of the partially or weak ones...that's 21 total strikes.

JJ's R2 strikes
4:47 either missed or partially blocked left jab...hard to tell
4:38 left jab that's partially blocked
4:19 body kick by JJ (his first real connection)
4:14 left jab
3:17 weak leg stab
3:13 weak body kick
3:08 JJ throws a jab that misses yet Jon Anik goes "nice counter by Jones" when it's an obvious whiff
3:02 leg stab
2:57 another weak leg stab
2:38 solid left hook to Reyes' temple
1:51 leg stab
1:43 right jab that's partially blocked
1:36 solid left jab
1:25 right jab that partially lands
1:23 partially blocked left jab
1:13 high kick that's blocked by Reyes' arms
1:10 inside leg kick
1:06 weak leg stab
:58 left jab that misses and gets blocked...yet Dominick Cruz says "nice left hand" when it's an obvious miss lol
:55 weird forearm punch that partially lands
:38 thigh kick
:31 another thigh kick
:27 stomach kick
:22 jab is partially blocked
:01 left hook that completely misses

Again, not counting any of the partially or weak ones...that's 11 total strikes.

There you have it:
Reyes 21
JJ 11

Now, you re-watch the fight and tell me what strikes are wrong, missing, or miscalled above:

Jones fans in overdrive trying to convince themselves he wasn’t lucky.

The amount of significant strikes I saw was pretty even. Maybe Reyes had a few more. I trust the compubox numbers as much as these Reyes fanboys trust the judges.

What I did see was Reyes backing up 90% of the round with his back to th cage. And under the Texas rules a judge has every right to score the round for the fighter who is stepping forward and wanting to exchange.

Here’s the official strike count. Why do you need us? Reyes 3-2
00F648B2-A1CD-472D-B9E1-A94EA0984888.jpeg

Jones hating GSP worshippers: His stupid leg kicks aren't significant!

Reyes: gets carried out of stadium after fight
You mean like how jon was carried out of the octagon after the Santos fight???

And here is a news flash: fighters can injure their knees without taking any leg kicks. I like how your :eek::eek::eek: cuck self is automatically assuming Jones hurt Reyes' legs. Maybe he had a pre existing injury.

Back