I challenge everyone (especially the haters) to give your own striking count of round 2

Here's a detailed breakdown of what happened in Rd 2 - it's so obvious Reyes won:

Round 2:
4:54 Reyes with a solid inside leg kick
4:47 Nice calf kick by Reyes, JJ tries to respond but whiffs on a jab
4:39 Reyes with a body kick, JJ counters with another jab and misses
4:17 JJ with a good kick to the body of Reyes
4:15 Reyes responds with a jab right to JJ's mouth followed up with that flurry that many say JJ supposedly "dodged"...well, re-watch that flurry. Reyes threw about a dozen punches and landed about 5-6. Meanwhile. JJ didn't do anything during this flurry
3:58 Reyes ends his flurry with a solid body shot as JJ retreats
3:41 Reyes lands a high thigh kick, that was pretty close to being a groin shot but not close enough upon close review
3:30 Reyes lands a powerful kick to JJ's left leg that is partially checked by his knee
3:08 Reyes attempts another leg kick that JJ checks and counters with a jab but barely misses Reyes
2:53 Reyes with an upper-jab to JJ's chin followed by a solid body shot
2:38 JJ lands his FIRST significant strike of the round, left jab on Reyes' chin but Reyes shows no effects as he counters with a jab but misses
2:22 JJ attempts a weird kick and whiffs
1:41 JJ and Reyes both exchange a few jabs but both are blocked
1:34 JJ sticks Reyes with a solid jab that doesn't seem to affect Reyes but it makes the crowd oooo and ahhhh
1:24 JJ and Reyes simultaneously throw upper cuts and both are partially blocked (this is pretty crazy looking lol)
1:18 Reyes throws a combo but JJ blocks it...JJ responds with a high kick that Reyes blocks
1:08 JJ with an inside leg kick
:55 Both JJ and Reyes throw bombs that land simultaneously
:37 Reyes lands a solid left jab to JJ's temple
:27 JJ with a leg kick and body kick that doesn't seem to effect Reyes
:22 Beautiful upper cut by Reyes and a left hook behind it
:10 Reyes with a solid inside leg kick
:01 JJ throws a wild hook and whiffs badly
By your count Reyes outlanded Jones 20-8 in what most consider the closest round of the fight.

C'mon...you gotta try harder when trolling

By your count Reyes outlanded Jones 20-8 in what most consider the closest round of the fight.

C'mon...you gotta try harder when trolling

How about this...go watch rounds 2 (and 3) and time stamp everything you consider a "significant strike"...and then compare it to this list. Tell me what timestamps I'm missing...

You’re not going to change the way people think. He lost in the minds of a lot of people.

That might be true...but many people also thought Jones won...it's definitely not one sided...I can understand why people feel differently...reyes winning: he scored more in the first 3 rounds....Jones: he won the last 2 rounds...the championship rounds. he was the one coming forward the majority of the fight...while he never got reyes down and controlled him, he did get him down, and did have back control at one point. these are not big things, but they add up...I thought jones won the last 2 rounds, and I know I had one of the first 3 rounds very close...I m pretty sure I had jones winning either the 2nd or 3rd rounds...pretty sure it was the 3rd...

Your own count has Reyes ahead on strikes. Are you sure you thought this out?

And if you think I’m watching that again to count strikes, you’re crazy.

Yes, this thread is to illustrate that strike counts are extremely inaccurate. The only guy who took the effort for a serious response has it something like 20-8 Reyes it seems like.

So we have:
33-22 (whatever irrelvant website it is that people quote)
24-21 (my count)
20-8 (other posters' count)

Strike counts being completely irrelevant is a different theme than strike counts being extremely inaccurate. Do you understand now?

Here's the problem...many consider weak little leg stabs or jabs or that are partially blocked and have almost no impact whatsoever as "strikes". I don't count that shit as a strike.

Here's the problem...many consider weak little leg stabs or jabs or that are partially blocked and have almost no impact whatsoever as "strikes". I don't count that shit as a strike.

Yes, the term "significant" is very subjective. On top of that it's quite hard in general to judge the impact of a strike and see if it even hit cleanly.

In general I think leg kicks are quite underrated actually. Not necessarily in this fight though.

At least Jones vs Reyes gives us some rest from the McNugget topics. Jones must be the most hated guy in sherdog.

not all punches are equal

for example, one of Reyes punches dropped Jon on his butt

imo Dom won but it is subjective

We don't have mention the obvious, that not every strike has the same significance. Because we all know somebody can be outlanded 1 to 50 and still win the round (and the fight).
I'm sorry, what? That's fucking retarded. The fact that you wrote that just shows that you're a fucking moron.

It was in that very round

I watched Jones slip about 5 punches in a row and Rogan said all 5 landed

now I’m not critiquing Rogan there because he’s cage side and working.

but If Rogan says it, all the morons parrot it
And he were are on sherdog

He is talking about a KO. You might want to edit your stupidity
I dont think he is. It sounds like hes trying to justify decisions with clear striking differences.

And if he is talking about KOs, why use that example in a discussion about decisions.???

I'm sorry, what? That's fucking retarded. The fact that you wrote that just shows that you're a fucking moron.

Imagine being so wrong and then calling somebody a "fucking moron" lmao the irony.

I dont think he is. It sounds like hes trying to justify decisions with clear striking differences.

And if he is talking about KOs, why use that example in a discussion about decisions.???

Are you claiming there are only KOs and "fightmetric approved significant strikes" and nothing in between? Because it seems like it.

Imagine being so wrong and then calling somebody a "fucking moron" lmao the irony.

Are you claiming there are only KOs and "fightmetric approved significant strikes" and nothing in between? Because it seems like it.
Yes. I have never seen a fighter get out struck even 10 to 1 and still deserve to win the round.

This isn't retarded boxing where knockdowns trump everything. Show me a single MMA round where someone was out-struck 10 to 1 or more in a striking match, and still was awarded the round. Or else shut the fuck up and admit you are wrong you little cuck.

And that fucking stupid post said 50 to 1.

Also you cant have your cake and eat it too. Even if you cite boxing scoring, then you would be required to argue that Reyes deserves a 10-8 first round for his knockdown. I dont see you making that argument you little hypocrite bitch.

I had one clown tell me Reyes outlanded Jones by 10 strikes that round. The round was razor thin. Couple that with Reyes wilting and there is zero shock Jones won. It was just extremely close
EQUDgIcUwAAClJG.jpeg 20200211_093901.jpg
Reyes landed 6 more total strikes and 11 more significant ones then Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back