I challenge everyone (especially the haters) to give your own striking count of round 2

Barteh

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Go on, watch the second round again of the Jones vs. Reyes fight. Count the strikes landed according to your own tally and post them here.

We don't have mention the obvious, that not every strike has the same significance. Because we all know somebody can be outlanded 1 to 50 and still win the round (and the fight).

I just wonder how many different counts we are going to see and if we see the unlikely event of two people having the exact same tally happen. I'll start off.

I counted 24 strikes for Reyes and 21 for Jones.

And I challaenge you to stop giving a fuck about some decision already in the books that you can’t change....

And I challaenge you to stop giving a fuck about some decision already in the books that you can’t change....

Why would I stop giving a fuck about one of my favourite fighters winning a well earned unanimous decision? I should just randomly stop feeling good about the result a few days later?

I counted 3 sketchy, printed score cards, and 3 stupid judges .

You’re not going to change the way people think. He lost in the minds of a lot of people.

I had one clown tell me Reyes outlanded Jones by 10 strikes that round. The round was razor thin. Couple that with Reyes wilting and there is zero shock Jones won. It was just extremely close

You’re not going to change the way people think. He lost in the minds of a lot of people.
Nah this is true however the fight is good enough to discuss and the more people watch they will understand it was just a great close fight and get off the conspiracy shit. This is literally Gus 1 repeated

Jones is undisputed natty Paulo Costa GOAT

I had one clown tell me Reyes outlanded Jones by 10 strikes that round. The round was razor thin. Couple that with Reyes wilting and there is zero shock Jones won. It was just extremely close

Yet none of these clowns actually want to post a tally of the strike count. I wonder why that is?

Whoops double post

Last edited:
Go on, watch the second round again of the Jones vs. Reyes fight. Count the strikes landed according to your own tally and post them here.

We don't have mention the obvious, that not every strike has the same significance. Because we all know somebody can be outlanded 1 to 50 and still win the round (and the fight).

I just wonder how many different counts we are going to see and if we see the unlikely event of two people having the exact same tally happen. I'll start off.

I counted 24 strikes for Reyes and 21 for Jones.

Who had more aggression and octagon control in the round? You know, the 2 critieria that everyone is suddenly pretending to forget?

Who had more aggression and octagon control in the round? You know, the 2 critieria that everyone is suddenly pretending to forget?

Jones had the more effective striking so those other two factors don't come into play.

Although I remember reading somewhere that Texas hasn't applied those new rules yet, but I haven't checked to see if that's true. If it's true then the round is even more clearly for Jones.

Too early for homework and I'm truly not that invested, I'm good with the outcome...

I had Jones when I watched live but Reyes on my 2nd watch. Still need to check the 3rd

Here's a detailed breakdown of what happened in Rd 2 - it's so obvious Reyes won:

Round 2:
4:54 Reyes with a solid inside leg kick
4:47 Nice calf kick by Reyes, JJ tries to respond but whiffs on a jab
4:39 Reyes with a body kick, JJ counters with another jab and misses
4:17 JJ with a good kick to the body of Reyes
4:15 Reyes responds with a jab right to JJ's mouth followed up with that flurry that many say JJ supposedly "dodged"...well, re-watch that flurry. Reyes threw about a dozen punches and landed about 5-6. Meanwhile. JJ didn't do anything during this flurry
3:58 Reyes ends his flurry with a solid body shot as JJ retreats
3:41 Reyes lands a high thigh kick, that was pretty close to being a groin shot but not close enough upon close review
3:30 Reyes lands a powerful kick to JJ's left leg that is partially checked by his knee
3:08 Reyes attempts another leg kick that JJ checks and counters with a jab but barely misses Reyes
2:53 Reyes with an upper-jab to JJ's chin followed by a solid body shot
2:38 JJ lands his FIRST significant strike of the round, left jab on Reyes' chin but Reyes shows no effects as he counters with a jab but misses
2:22 JJ attempts a weird kick and whiffs
1:41 JJ and Reyes both exchange a few jabs but both are blocked
1:34 JJ sticks Reyes with a solid jab that doesn't seem to affect Reyes but it makes the crowd oooo and ahhhh
1:24 JJ and Reyes simultaneously throw upper cuts and both are partially blocked (this is pretty crazy looking lol)
1:18 Reyes throws a combo but JJ blocks it...JJ responds with a high kick that Reyes blocks
1:08 JJ with an inside leg kick
:55 Both JJ and Reyes throw bombs that land simultaneously
:37 Reyes lands a solid left jab to JJ's temple
:27 JJ with a leg kick and body kick that doesn't seem to effect Reyes
:22 Beautiful upper cut by Reyes and a left hook behind it
:10 Reyes with a solid inside leg kick
:01 JJ throws a wild hook and whiffs badly

Yet none of these clowns actually want to post a tally of the strike count. I wonder why that is?

Your own count has Reyes ahead on strikes. Are you sure you thought this out?

And if you think I’m watching that again to count strikes, you’re crazy.

Back