I can't see GDR/Nunes II playing any differently than the first match

Gotta weird feeling GDR is gonna stuff takedowns and piece Amanda up. You very well might be right though, that is a big gap to close in the few years since their first fight

tumblr_nngbgmAHZi1r4gei2o1_400.gifv

In like 2 years of MMA training, Adesanya's takedown defense against more accomplished wrestlers is impeccable. 6 years is more than enough time to learn TDD. She went to AKA after that fight, at the very least she started taking it seriously.

I know GDR has worked on her tdd since then but we really haven't seen her ground work in a long time. I can see Amanda taking her down if GDR gets too occupied with strikes and submitting her (again). I honestly think GDR hardly ever works bjj.

That being said I hope GDR wins.
<{Joewithit}>

Gotta weird feeling GDR is gonna stuff takedowns and piece Amanda up. You very well might be right though, that is a big gap to close in the few years since their first fight
Even though Nunes seems to have improved much more than GDR I have a fear of this scenario coming to pass.

It would be super impressive if Nunes KO'ed her on the feet, and I think if she got an early takedown to plant the seed that could happen. Nunes via gameplan, IMO.

The easy pick is obviously Nunes, but I expect this one to be far more competitive. GDR looked completely lost on the ground 6 years ago. It's impossible for her to have not made great improvements.

I have a feeling It’s gonna be a standup fight until GDR clips Nunes and gets the TKO.

In like 2 years of MMA training, Adesanya's takedown defense against more accomplished wrestlers is impeccable. 6 years is more than enough time to learn TDD. She went to AKA after that fight, at the very least she started taking it seriously.

She has mostly been in Netherlands. She went to AKA and I believe CSA shortly after that first fight but I don't think she has been taking the bjj game seriously. She has a wrestling coach with her but I don't see a bjj coach. As far as her tdd goes she uses the cage as support so if anything she has to learn how to get up from the cage and stay in that area.

I wanted to add GDR hasn't been as active a fighter and I believe she works as a police officer so it doesn't seem she fights full time.

Last edited:
She has mostly been in Netherlands. She went to AKA and I believe CSA shortly after that first fight but I don't think she has been taking the bjj game seriously. She has a wrestling coach with her but I don't see a bjj coach. As far as her tdd goes she uses the cage as support so if anything she has to learn how to get up from the cage and stay in that area.
We see her doing BJJ in the countdown. She's a purple belt.

Did you even watch the first fight? Submit her again?

Pretty sure Nunes won by TKO

Did you even watch the first fight? Submit her again?

Pretty sure Nunes won by TKO

It's been a while, but I remember Nunes taking GDR down easily. I can't seem to access the YT uploaded fights to see the entire fight but on their record I see the TKO elbows. My apologies. Either way I see Nunes attempting takedowns.

nunes is a beast compared to everyone she fights regardless of weight class, she's seems to be thicker than most and probably is where her power comes from....therefore I think if nunes comes swinging relentlessly like she did against cyborg that she will land something solid on gdr and get the ko/tko finish or get a td and go for a sub or gnp finish.

I don't know much about gdr to be honest but if nunes could take cyborg's punches I just don't think gdr is gonna be able to hit hard enough to actual finish nunes....I could be wrong and maybe she lands the right punch but nunes seems to be the one who displays more power in her strikes so I'm leaning towards her getting an early finish against gdr...I would like gdr to get the win would be nice to redeem her loss against nunes and win the belt but I think nunes has the edge.

nunes is a beast compared to everyone she fights regardless of weight class, she's seems to be thicker than most and probably is where her power comes from....therefore I think if nunes comes swinging relentlessly like she did against cyborg that she will land something solid on gdr and get the ko/tko finish or get a td and go for a sub or gnp finish.

I don't know much about gdr to be honest but if nunes could take cyborg's punches I just don't think gdr is gonna be able to hit hard enough to actual finish nunes....I could be wrong and maybe she lands the right punch but nunes seems to be the one who displays more power in her strikes so I'm leaning towards her getting an early finish against gdr...I would like gdr to get the win would be nice to redeem her loss against nunes and win the belt but I think nunes has the edge.

GDR need to do some distance fighting first to "see" Amanda throw and miss IMO. Nunes has controlled aggression now which is the most dangerous.
I don't think GDR can stop Nunes with strikes unless it's a knee or elbow.

GDR overthrowing her shots made her get taken down repeatedly. She didn't have much of an answer while on the ground as expected.

Back