I bet Jones pulls guard on DC.

goldentoe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think when Jones fights DC as soon as DC gets a hold of him Jones pulls guard and tosses elbows up at DC from his guard.

The only time we have seen Jones on his back was against Rampage and against rashad, all of which lasted less than 10 seconds. With the way Jones fights and uses his elbows Its clear being in jones guard is not a safe place for anyone.

Againt DC jones will be the far better grappler. DC is a great wrestler but this is mma and in mma wrestling is only means to a end.

I give the slight edge in wrestling to DC and Im sure jones knows that DC has the edge too, DC is built to wrestle he has the perfect body type.

i will say confidently that he wont do that - but he will elbow dc in the face repeatedly and stay out of cormier's range

i-1.jpg

Unless he becomes mentally retarded, I don't think he would do that. I guarantee you he won't.

DC is a vastly superior wrestler and bottom elbows won't do shit when he's getting his face elbowed and punched in by the stronger, better wrestler/fighter.

I think when Jones fights DC as soon as DC gets a hold of him Jones pulls guard and tosses elbows up at DC from his guard.

This is what I'm thinking as well, should it go to the ground.

Cormier hasn't shown great sub/bjj game and his GNP is meh.

I expect Jones to use his length and reach from the bottom to deliver some hellbows from the bottom and punish DC for the takedown(s).

He should train with Condit.

I won't be surprised if DC ragdolls him. He's easily the superior wrestler.

DC will surprise us all and KO Jones in the first round.

i will say confidently that he wont do that - but he will elbow dc in the face repeatedly and stay out of cormier's range

Lol @ this post.

If Jones is close enjough to elbow him in the face, he's well within Cormier's range. No question.

With dc being only 5'11" it's going to be a tough fight but if he solves the reach problem I think dc grinds him up

I bet Jones keeps Cormier at range just like he did to Rashad, keeps moving away and lands a punch here and there from press row while mixing in with some elbows.

Jones 50-45 and I don't even like Jones.

Lol @ this post.

If Jones is close enjough to elbow him in the face, he's well within Cormier's range. No question.

would you be able to understand that jones is fast and can actually do a good job of using range? were you able to catch how he kept rashad at range and then elbowed the sht out of his face?

I bet Jones keeps Cormier at range just like he did to Rashad, keeps moving away and lands a punch here and there from press row while mixing in with some elbows.

Jones 50-45 and I don't even like Jones.

No way Jones wins all 5 rounds against DC.

u're a fcking idiot.

who the hell would pull guard on an Olympian level wrestler?

This fight is very very simple in my opinion, DC will win a vast majority of clinch work and grappling with his only concern being a guillotine during a scramble. Neither man wants to take too many shots from the other, Jones will absolutely dominate DC if he can keep the fight at long range. If DC can close the distance and apply that patented Cain V like pressure consistently this is his fight. IMO the moments when DC closes the distance is where this fight will be determined.
Honestly I believe this is Cormier's fight to lose, I really would like him to put Jones on his back and keep him there. This should be Jones first fight where he has a grappling disadvantage and I expect to see this fact make his striking and clinch more hesitant but due to Cormier's performance last night I can safely say this fight will be my second most-anticipated fight of the year, behind only Weidman and Machida.

DC won't give Jones the opportunity to elbow from the bottom. Once DC has Jones down he won't post up, he'll just smother Jones making his long limbs a disadvantage.

Back