I bet Jones pulls guard on DC.

Well said, although I have doubts about Cormier's cardio if he puts that kind of pressure on Jones for 5 rounds. If he slows down considerable at any point you'd have to think Jones' range will win him the fight. Decision probably won't go DC's way so I'd say his best chance is a finish by something violent.

You think DC will tire if he's riding Jones for 5 rounds? How do you think Jones will feel, trapped under that mass? I'm surprised at some of you guys. Getting trapped under a behemoth can tire anyone, even an all-time great like Fedor.

DC is going to be Jones's worst nightmare. He and Greg Jackson are wise to continue to avoid this fight for as long as they can.

You think DC will tire if he's riding Jones for 5 rounds? How do you think Jones will feel, trapped under that mass? I'm surprised at some of you guys. Getting trapped under a behemoth can tire anyone, even an all-time great like Fedor.

DC is going to be Jones's worst nightmare. He and Greg Jackson are wise to continue to avoid this fight for as long as they can.

how is jones avoiding the fight? DC didnt want to fight Jones in his first fight at 205 and has only had 2 fights.

cormier is a bear with no neck and short limbs, I have a hard time seeing him subbed, Jones would have to stay outside and outpoint him like he did rashad. Any type of grappling cormier will win, he is too low to the ground and has such good balance

I bet Jones fights tall and elbows the midgets face in for 5 rounds

I'm quite sure that Jones' "plan A" will be to pick Cormier apart on the feet, keeping him at distance with his kicks and reach, and land hard elbows if Cormier tries to crowd him.

Things get interesting if Cormier manages to close the distance anyway (or lands a huge shot from the outside), but it's really not a given yet that Cormier will dominate Jones in the clinch and on the ground anyway, so what Jones does in that situation will probably depend on how the fight's going. Pulling guard is one of the least likely scenarios, and I wouldn't expect Jones to do it unless there are only a few seconds left in the round.

If Jones does that we will have a new LHW Champion.

Do DC fans have selective amnesia? Jones was a greco roman wrestler. He's not Dan Henderson, and won't be getting tossed or slammed anywhere. If they clinch up Jon will use his leverage and length to sweep a leg from under Daniel and put him on HIS back. Or he could just tag him up, Glover style, against the cage.

I can safely assure you Jones will not be tossing DC from the clinch lmao.

iEYc2cFqCYXWf.gif

That would be certainly be a ballsy strategy but doing that when your opponent is fresh and dry is risky.

Jon Jones will pull guard?

HA
goldentoe said:
Jones guard does not look like a safe place to be.
Ok then you don't know what a dangerous guard is. Werdum has a dangerous guard. So did Minotauro.

so jones would just give the fight away? I think he has a bit more heart than that

Its a long fight I still bet jones tries it. Jones has slick bjj he will be more of a danger to DC from guard then DC will be to him.

Back