I bet Jones pulls guard on DC.

DC will be out of range all night. His shot isn't fast enough and IF he were to get in the clinch we've already seen that Jones is no slouch in tight.

I really don't see what people think he has for JBJ. Too slow, not as athletic, short height and reach. Maybe a strength advantage but it's going to take a lot more than that to beat Jones.

There is no doubt in my mind that DC can grab Jones in within 25 minutes. Jones will be picking him apart standing but DC at some point will clinch with him.

Stupid thread, stupid idea.

DC is an olympic caliber wrestler with cinder blocks for fists. A very bad combo of weapons for being beneath him.

Jones keeps his distance in this fight. The eye pokes will be plentiful.

Jones would keep the distance with his long reach.

Unless he becomes mentally retarded, I don't think he would do that. I guarantee you he won't..

Why not? Almost every jones fight jones does something to put himself in the way of his opponents strength just to prove he can win anyway.

DC will surprise us all and KO Jones in the first round.

Not in the first round, but I think he'll most likely grind out Jones for a late stoppage due to strikes sub or injury.

Do DC fans have selective amnesia? Jones was a greco roman wrestler. He's not Dan Henderson, and won't be getting tossed or slammed anywhere. If they clinch up Jon will use his leverage and length to sweep a leg from under Daniel and put him on HIS back. Or he could just tag him up, Glover style, against the cage.

Last edited:
That's a silly idea... No way he pulls guard to let a 2 time Olympian on top of him, specifically when he holds such an incredible reach advantage.

I think when Jones fights DC as soon as DC gets a hold of him Jones pulls guard and tosses elbows up at DC from his guard.

The only time we have seen Jones on his back was against Rampage and against rashad, all of which lasted less than 10 seconds. With the way Jones fights and uses his elbows Its clear being in jones guard is not a safe place for anyone.

Againt DC jones will be the far better grappler. DC is a great wrestler but this is mma and in mma wrestling is only means to a end.

I give the slight edge in wrestling to DC and Im sure jones knows that DC has the edge too, DC is built to wrestle he has the perfect body type.

he wont play into cormiers strengths, he'll use distance and pick him apart

u're a fcking idiot.

who the hell would pull guard on an Olympian level wrestler?

Wrestling by itself doesnt teach guard passing, sub defense or ground and pound. DC is great but he wont have an easy time inside the guard of a much longer Jones.

This fight is very very simple in my opinion, DC will win a vast majority of clinch work and grappling with his only concern being a guillotine during a scramble. Neither man wants to take too many shots from the other, Jones will absolutely dominate DC if he can keep the fight at long range. If DC can close the distance and apply that patented Cain V like pressure consistently this is his fight. IMO the moments when DC closes the distance is where this fight will be determined.
Honestly I believe this is Cormier's fight to lose, I really would like him to put Jones on his back and keep him there. This should be Jones first fight where he has a grappling disadvantage and I expect to see this fact make his striking and clinch more hesitant but due to Cormier's performance last night I can safely say this fight will be my second most-anticipated fight of the year, behind only Weidman and Machida.

Well said, although I have doubts about Cormier's cardio if he puts that kind of pressure on Jones for 5 rounds. If he slows down considerable at any point you'd have to think Jones' range will win him the fight. Decision probably won't go DC's way so I'd say his best chance is a finish by something violent.

he wont play into cormiers strengths, he'll use distance and pick him apart

But DC can take jones down though. Jones wont be able to pick him apart for 25 mimutes. If DC want to clinch they will be clinching.

But DC can take jones down though. Jones wont be able to pick him apart for 25 mimutes. If DC want to clinch they will be clinching.

cormier is 5'11, he'll have to telegraph any clinch or takedown. theres a reason why the only person who has been able to take jones down is 6'5

jones will use distance and it will probably be a very boring fight

I bet Jones keeps Cormier at range just like he did to Rashad, keeps moving away and lands a punch here and there from press row while mixing in with some elbows.

Jones 50-45 and I don't even like Jones.

THIS^^^

If Jones is healthy at fight time, DC won't get one TD is my bet.

I think when Jones fights DC as soon as DC gets a hold of him Jones pulls guard and tosses elbows up at DC from his guard.

The only time we have seen Jones on his back was against Rampage and against rashad, all of which lasted less than 10 seconds. With the way Jones fights and uses his elbows Its clear being in jones guard is not a safe place for anyone.

Againt DC jones will be the far better grappler. DC is a great wrestler but this is mma and in mma wrestling is only means to a end.

I give the slight edge in wrestling to DC and Im sure jones knows that DC has the edge too, DC is built to wrestle he has the perfect body type.

This is the second dumbest post I've ever seen here. There is no way in hell Jones pulls guard against DC the way he did against Rashad. It would be insane and Jones would never make it back up again, unless he were saved by the bell.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself for making such a ridiculous statement.

DC is far stronger than Jones, and Jones isn't that quick. If Jones cant maintain his distance, he's going for a ride over and over

This is the second dumbest post I've ever seen here. There is no way in hell Jones pulls guard against DC the way he did against Rashad. It would be insane and Jones would never make it back up again, unless he were saved by the bell.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself for making such a ridiculous statement.

Cant wait to bump this
When it happends.

That would be really stupid of him. Cormier has amazing top control and pretty heavy hands, not sure if pulling guard on him would be a smart idea.

Back