I bet $5000 on DC to win (follow up)

Could have bought 6.5 sundaes for your bros instead of wasting that money on DC man... For shame....

This guy is so full of shit his eyes are brown.

k guys, im gonna bet on gus against jj and gonna post the bet stuff here

I never gave DC much shot versus Jon. That being said you would have been far smarter to bet on a decision. It was paying around 3-1 and you'd be up 13k.

DC indicated numerous times that he expected it to go the distance & Jon hasn't stopped a natural LHW for a while [Factor in his relatively low power output aswell].

If I had that sort of cash the decision really seemed like a safe bet. Alternatively if you were looking at someone to potentially beat Bones I would have waited for the Gustafsson rematch.

While I'm tipping Bones to find a way, I'm far from confident. If Gus can keep it standing, his crisp boxing and movement will carry him to a clear UD.

Decision wasn't paying 3-1 it was paying 1-1, and you can't really get down that much money on a prop.

Decision wasn't paying 3-1 it was paying 1-1, and you can't really get down that much money on a prop.

In Australia 1-1 is zero odds. I.E No return. 3-1 is $3 I.E: $3 for every dollar gambled. It was 3.25 on unibet.

Lying on the Internet is fun

In Australia 1-1 is zero odds. I.E No return. 3-1 is $3 I.E: $3 for every dollar gambled. It was 3.25 on unibet.

The smart bet in this fight, no matter which fighter you liked, was fight goes the distance. That pays out evens, so 1$ for each dollar gambled. That was an easy call. But once again, there's pretty much no where were you can get that much money down on a prob bet, they are usually limited by a lot.

yea, im still not sure what was going through my head that day.

Yeah, that's gotta sting my man. Was on Nate for that fight. Then again, had he come out like he did in his next fight, you would have made some scratch!

Not me ........I bet $10000000000 on Jones! I just bought a castle .......on Mars!!!!

Damn!!! I bet thousands on jones.. but dont have proof so couldnt claim my prize money!!!!

Seriously though, someone mentioned earning 200k dollars a year... sorry, but even earning that isnt enough earnings to justify thousands of dollars worth of bet on DC.

After tax, property, general spending (you earn more you spend more), cars etc. you arent left with all that much. You are able to put away some good savings of course but you dont waste your savings like that. Steady, risk free income/savings vs high risk gambling... duh!

I started a thread a couple of weeks ago about putting $5k on DC. Got flamed because I didn't post a bet slip (I sent the money to a friend in Vegas that bets with a bookie he knows there).

Well, here's the follow up and some random comments:

In fact, I signed up on Bovada.com and put another $1500 on DC, so I lost $6500 tonight.

I was a little disappointed that DC would let Jones push him against the cage that way, was impressed with DC's performance in R2, and thought that Jones showed a great fight IQ (switching from going toe to toe with DC in R2 to fighting from a range in R3 and using some creative elbows -- he had DC guessing a lot).

I feel sorry for DC -- seems like he's the kind of guy that would become suicidal after a loss like this to someone he genuinely hates. I don't think there's any reason for excuses -- Jones beat him fair and square -- but I remain a DC fan and hope that he can come back stronger (though that's unlikely, given his age and the big psychological blow he took tonight).

Well, $6500 down the drain, but I haven't been that pumped up for a fight since Fedor fought Crocop in Tokyo.

I won't be buying any UFCs for a while, though -- the shitty under card + giving Conner a lengthy commercial which resulted in no interview with Cerrone, Jury or DC -- is enough to justify just watching the events on pirated sites. You suck, UFC.

Heads up DC, and nice job, John.

I commend you for putting your money where your mouth is unlike most of us that just talk a big talk. And just like you I haven't been that excited about a fight in a while and haven't been that confident an upset was gonna happen. Even thought I don't bet on fights I was real close to making a big bet myself but my friend checked the line and it wasn't as lopsided for Jones as I thought. So I didn't make the bet. Tough loss hope you get it back on future fights/games.

never got a stub from the guy i bet with in vegas (went through a friend, and I've never asked for a stub or receipt or anything like that before), and had three $500 bets with bovada. don't see any reason to try to figure out how to post those while hiding the name on my account. i really don't care if someone can't believe me without an embedded picture of a betting stub.

it's funny how all the phonies say 'i don't care if you don't believe me' - yeah you care bro, u care

OP tries too hard to sell the story - "I won't be buying UFC in a long time" which is not even part of the topic. Pure fantasy.

Back