I bet $5000 on DC to win (follow up)

So this TS makes another thread, posts saying he bet and STILL doesn't have a slip.

334.gif

yeah, I was betting the odds -- if I had won, I'd have gotten nearly $10k. I wouldn't say that DC would beat Jon 2 out of 3 or 4 out of 5, but the odds I was getting meant that he'd only have to win 1 out of 3, and I thought (and still think) he could do that.

i played semi-pro poker also, so i take this as a bad beat -- I was getting good "pot odds" for playing the DC hand, and I did it.

Not a bad beat. Cormier doesn't win 1/5 let alone 1/3. A bad beat is when the odds say you're up and still lose. This was more like you looking down, seeing A/10 and betting big, and the other guy calls with his two jacks. You didn't make a stupid bet but it was the wrong bet at the wrong time and you didn't pull out the bad beat on the house this time.

haha that's what you get! You should have bet for both of them like I did. There was no way I could have come out of that bet losing! Sucks for you.

We must be like eskimo bro's or something TS

I started a thread a couple of weeks ago about putting $5k on Bones. Got flamed because I didn't post a bet slip (I sent the money to a friend in Vegas that bets with a bookie he knows there).

Well, here's the follow up and some random comments:

In fact, I signed up on Bovada.com and put another $1500 on Bones, so I just won $6500 tonight.

It was orgasmic when I realized that DC would let Jones push him against the cage that way, wasn't impressed with DC's performance in R2, and thought that Jones showed a great fight IQ (switching from going toe to toe with DC in R2 to fighting from a range in R3 and using some creative elbows -- he had DC guessing a lot).

I don't feel sorry for DC -- seems like he's the kind of guy that would hopefully become suicidal after a loss like this to someone he genuinely hates. I don't think there's any reason for excuses -- Jones beat him fair and square -- but I am no longer a DC fan and doubt that he can come back (it's unlikely, given his age and the big psychological blow he took tonight).

Well, $6500 in the pocket and I haven't been that pumped up for a fight since Fedor fought Crocop in Tokyo.

I'll be buying all the UFCs for a while with my winnings, though -- the shitty under card + giving Conner a lengthy commercial which resulted in no interview with Cerrone, Jury or DC -- is enough to justify just watching the events on pirated sites. (jk that's fucking illegal) You're the best UFC.

heal up eventually DC, and nice job, Bones.

I used two different email accounts to sign up with Bovada. Used my wife's name on one and mine on the other. Got two $250 sign up bonuses to bet, and placed the max $500 wager from each account, so with the bonus got $750 per account.

One small thing to be thankful for: i called Bovada customer service and told them I wanted to bet $5k, but they said the max for one day was $500 and I'd have to do the bet ten times to get to the $5k I wanted to wager, and there's a 4.9% fee they take from each bet after the first. So, I just made the two $500 bets with them and the rest through my friend in vegas.

hmmm, I see. Well that explains it. I don't remember seeing a %4.9 fee on anything, but I haven't bet big in a long time. Well at least $500 of the money was promotional money. So is your gambling career over, or are you going to try to chase it back over time?

Pathetic. No fool posts a bet slip.
If you had actually lost you would be way more salty .

i lost 100 on Dc but it was worth it.

SanShou lost an 02' OG account :(

SanShou lost an 02' OG account :(

Yea that ONE really stings!

This guy here lost some monopoly money, if he really "knew" a guy in Vegas he would post nap he got ajaked on the carpet. His odds make no sense for real "know a guy" bets.

Did Steven Seagal teach you how to fake bet?

Well, look on the bright side. At least you get a nice tax write off this year

TS, I thought you must've been off somewhere crying with one hand writing a suicide note and the other hand jamming a .38 special into your mouth. And you come back and post how concerned you are that DC might be suicidal after a loss like that?

I mean...I am a DC fan too...but I don't think I would ever bet $6500 on a fight. And then you end your post saying that you won't be buying any ppv's this year because the card wasn't entertaining. I wouldn't think 55-65$ a card would matter at all, no matter the quality, to a guy like you...clearly, a guy that whips out fliff like a sultan.

Could be worse. You could've bet $150k on Lamas like Yancy or whatever the fuck that dude's name was.

Maybe TS is just loaded like that. I know guys that will blow that kind of money on drugs and broads.

Remember me from the last thread?

Post the slip motherfucka....

Back