I am the biggest fedor fan around[Fedor vs Fabio scoring discussion]

Who did you score the fight for?

• Total voters
First round wasn't 10-8 in my book - Fedor did good damage in the first minute and a half before getting caught. I can understand people scoring 10-8 but I wouldn't.

I thought it was an easy 29-28. Fedor won at least 3 to 3:30 minutes of the first round. Getting caught and recovering doesn't cost you a 10-8 round. Yes, he was in big trouble but being in trouble doesn't cost you a full 10-8 round. This isn't boxing.

A 10-8 is defined as overwhelmingly dominating a round. That did not happen.

Fedor showed heart, recovered and show a lot of speed, a variety of strikes and good cardio. He even threw a flying knee and 2 head kicks. When have you seen him head kick since the Cro Cop fight? I was pretty impressed.

The negative was he was way too aggressive, tried too hard to finish and showed terrible defense and didn't even try to use his Sambo. I think like the Bigfoot and Hendo fights, he felt the pressure to get a quick finish to get his aura back and this case, please the Russian audience.

It was a bad idea to come out swinging like that. Especially after we seen him fight composed against people like Monson and Ishii.

Don't think its fair to shit on the guy like that though. He took a hellish beating and he could've done far worse after coming back from something like that.

I'm not a Fedor fan and I gave it to Fedor as I didn't think round 1 warranted a 10-8, at least based on the history of this sports scoring.

How did you get 29-28 for Fedor? First round is a 10-8 I thought? He was damn well close to being out cold, and it could have been called by the ref without much to argue about. It wasn't as bad as Herb watching Chris Weidman die, but it was pretty bad.

It's pretty shameful the way he fought. Heart is all well and good, but he should'nt have to show any warrior spirit, he should be crushing it against Fabio.

It wasn't 10-8. Fabio had one good flurry and knockdown. What was he doing before that? Turtling up as Fedor dropped like 96 punches on him. Other than that flurry, Fabio had his back to the cage for practically the entire fight. That shit counts.

Fedor may have got his bell rung, but he won the fight.

And he was also dominating the first 1,5 minutes of Round 1, so no, it was NOT a 10-8 round.
No controversy whatsoever here.

No controversy? First of all, Fedor went unconscious at least twice, the fight should have been stopped several times and would have been stopped had the ref not wanted Fedor to win or at least get back into the fight.

Do you or anyone really think the ref would have given Fabio that much opportunity to recover in Russia if the situation were reversed? No chance. Once there was unanswered blows he'd probably have jumped in within 3 seconds.

It wasn't 10-8. Fabio had one good flurry and knockdown. What was he doing before that? Turtling up as Fedor dropped like 96 punches on him. Other than that flurry, Fabio had his back to the cage for practically the entire fight. That shit counts.

Fedor may have got his bell rung, but he won the fight.

That's some crazy revisionist history right there.

No controversy? First of all, Fedor went unconscious at least twice, the fight should have been stopped several times and would have been stopped had the ref not wanted Fedor to win or at least get back into the fight.

Do you or anyone really think the ref would have given Fabio that much opportunity to recover in Russia if the situation were reversed? No chance. Once there was unanswered blows he'd probably have jumped in within 3 seconds.

Fedor never went unconcious. He got rocked and was rolling and attempting to defend the whole time on the ground.

He attempted to tie Fabio up and didn't take too many hard shots on the ground. Most were not full on. If he wasn't attempting to defend or roll then the fight should have been stopped but he was trying to defend the whole time.

Fights like this go on all of the time when a fighter is dropped.

10-8 fabio

Fat fedor was an embarrassment in the first round.

I didn't really think about it when i was watching live, but the camera work was terrible in this fight. Fedor was getting punched in the face for like 20 seconds on the ground and they weren't even showing it on camera.

my goodness, i've not seen the fight yet but fedor was getting wasted by fabio fucking maldonado?

he's either not taking this return seriously or his career has to remain done

Fedor win but why didn't he use his Sambo. And gnp and submission.
those days are long gone. Even in Pride, he never depend solely on striking to win fights. He's bread and butter was always Sambo, GNP, and submission. Nowadays he just heads hunt and because of that, he gets in caught every time

I didn't really think about it when i was watching live, but the camera work was terrible in this fight. Fedor was getting punched in the face for like 20 seconds on the ground and they weren't even showing it on camera.

When I was watching it live they showed everything but then when I looked at clips after the fight the ones I saw didn't show Fedor's head hardly at all during the beating. There was clearly more than one broadcast with different camera work.

That could be the reason for the wide disparity of opinions on what happened in that first round that there seems to be. If you were watching the broadcast that showed Fedor's head the whole time he looked pretty out of it.

I score the fight a draw, 10-8 (Fabio), 10-9 (Fedor), 10-9 (Fedor).

However I don't care about the result because the fight was clearly a fix. The ref, the scoring, the circumstances surrounding how Fabio suddenly stops fighting in 2 and 3 except to jab Fedor's belly now and then... everything crooked. Even the announcer was hinting at it.

10-8 Maldanado
10-9 Fedor
10-9 Fedor

Pride Rules: Maldanado
UFC Rules: Draw

The commentator is so fucking irritating. Maldanado wasn't trying to lose. If he was, he wouldn't have went for the kill in the 1st. Maldanado was either injured or he punched himself out.

Pretty much all of Fedor's punches were defended by Fabio, while Fedor had his face turned to hamburger meat.

Both a draw or 29-28 decision for Fabio would have been acceptable. I think many of your opinions of this fight were affected by the extremely biased commentating, which is becoming a trend here on Sherdog.

I mean do people ever step away from the keyboard and really assess what they're doing.

Literally trying to defend a win over Fabio instead of a draw, a guy he was suppose to cruise to a decision against if not finish. That round 1 was lopsided to a degree that it's a joke to call it 10-9. We're talking multiple near finishes, barely keeping your legs under you, and generous reffing vs a minute or so of control with a swarm that didn't threaten to end the fight.

He was cruising against him the entire time until he got hit with that hook. Let's not pretend like Maldonado was looking great outside of when he got Fedor with that punch. Otherwise he looked outclassed.

Back