I am the biggest fedor fan around[Fedor vs Fabio scoring discussion]

Who did you score the fight for?

• Total voters
Fedor easily won 2 and 3 but round 1 was savage and many refs would have probably stopped it. It depends of if you think 1 was a 10-9 or 10-8 and it does look like what you would explain a 10-8 as. I am one of Fedor's biggest fans and felt sick after the Werdum loss.

After the fight I felt like it was a 10-9 first round for Fabio but rewatching it that was a 10-8. Should have been a draw, I take back my vote. I still don't think Fedor winning was that big of a robbery or anything.

10-8 first round. Very, very close to 10-7, but Fedor managed to fire back, however unsuccessfully. Not sure, might be 10-7.

fedor was in BIG BIG danger for only a minute if you watch it,

fedor in control of the round easily until 3:43 where he takes a big shot and gets knocked down, while on the ground he takes big shots but tries to roll with them and defend constantly until just a minute later at 2:40 ~ where fedor gets up.

After that he was wobbly and in danger BUT took no more HUGE shots and caught fabio himself with a big punch around 1:48 which hits fabio on the left side of his head/temple area, staggering/wobbling fabio ,

I have no issues with a 10-8 first round though, but the problem is they arent scored properly in MMA 99% of the time, again think shogun hendo 1 for example.

nowhere near a 10-7 mate, 10-8 I can buy and I scored the fight a draw myself, even though a lot of judges in the ufc wouldnt score that a 10-8 either

You disrespected his skills many times in this thread. Nothing overtly rude or hateful, but you clearly don't respect his skills the way you should.

You're a fan of a myth you imagined. I'm a fan of the man, Fedor.

not once did I disrespect his skills, please quote where I did or GTFO, fedor has been my favourite fighter since 2005 and got me into MMA, actually I think its amazing that he defended so well during the ~1 minute he was taking damage on the ground, got up and won the rest of the fight , being 40 years old with really bad training and preparation,

fedors prime was about 10 years ago to be honest,

take a hike bozo

Never let your fight go to decision.
Imo Fedor won, but only first round Fabio rocked him . That was all.

We are only fans, watching fight but our decision cant change result of fight.
Hat down for Fedor performance, im supriced honestly when he was agressive in some moments.

One of you nuthuggers are going to have show me a 10-8 round. It should've been a draw. But it's Russia, the ref wasn't going to stop the fight unless Fedor died and Fabio sure as hell wasn't going to win a decision.

i disagree with your claim that you're the biggest fedor fan around, that's such an absolute bold statement, what are your biggest fan credentials?...maybe we can have a contest here to see who is the real biggest fan

One of the easier draws to score I have ever seen, tbh. All rounds had a clear winner, and the first round was an obvious 10-8 candidate.

A Maldonado win would be indefensible, imo, while a Fedor win can be defended only by how stringent 10-8s have historically been given out. To be clear, I think it still was wrong to give Fedor the victory, but at least it would be consistent. Giving Maldonado the win, however, would be totally out of the left field, essentially using Pride criteria instead of the stated scoring system.

fedor was in BIG BIG danger for only a minute if you watch it,

fedor in control of the round easily until 3:43 where he takes a big shot and gets knocked down, while on the ground he takes big shots but tries to roll with them and defend constantly until just a minute later at 2:40 ~ where fedor gets up.

After that he was wobbly and in danger BUT took no more HUGE shots and caught fabio himself with a big punch around 1:48 which hits fabio on the left side of his head/temple area, staggering/wobbling fabio ,

I have no issues with a 10-8 first round though, but the problem is they arent scored properly in MMA 99% of the time, again think shogun hendo 1 for example.

nowhere near a 10-7 mate, 10-8 I can buy and I scored the fight a draw myself, even though a lot of judges in the ufc wouldnt score that a 10-8 either

No point with the video I will never watch that again. My heart sank so bad and has not come back. I can't even load up Facebook for at least a week now, and just had to ignore a few phone calls.

Fedor has fucked up big time. Look at Anderson Silva before he started training properly, subbed by cans in humiliating fashion. Look at Hunt and Arlovski, two guys Fedor beat in the past, now they are top HWs and Arlovski is training with the greatest fighters in the world.

Where does Fedor train? Oh right, with "Sidelnikov" and a bunch of amateurs at the local YMCA. What's the point? What does he actually expect? Everyone from the past started training for real and that's why they are still in the big leagues while he's backyard brawling.

Clear draw.

Fedor needs to use his throws. He is a sloppy fighter with a good right hand without the threat of his ground game. Both his throws and his punches become bigger threats when they are employed together.

brock carwin is 10-8 round, rockhold - weidman when luke was in full mount was 10-8, edgar/maynard first round (second and third fight) is 10-8, shogun hendo had 10-8s , some of these could be 10-7 aswell I guess, I scored this fight tonight a draw but a lot of judges wouldnt even in the ufc..

No point with the video I will never watch that again. My heart sank so bad and has not come back. I can't even load up Facebook for at least a week now, and just had to ignore a few phone calls.

Fedor has fucked up big time. Look at Anderson Silva before he started training properly, subbed by cans in humiliating fashion. Look at Hunt and Arlovski, two guys Fedor beat in the past, now they are top HWs and Arlovski is training with the greatest fighters in the world.

Where does Fedor train? Oh right, with "Sidelnikov" and a bunch of amateurs at the local YMCA. What's the point? What does he actually expect? Everyone from the past started training for real and that's why they are still in the big leagues while he's backyard brawling.

I have no problem with your statement mate, agree with you actually , im just saying it was far from a 10-7

Fedor is one my favorite fighters ever, but that fight should have been stopped in the first round. A draw was the best that he could have hoped for.

Clear draw.

Fedor needs to use his throws. He is a sloppy fighter with a good right hand without the threat of his ground game. Both his throws and his punches become bigger threats when they are employed together.

One of the easier draws to score I have ever seen, tbh. All rounds had a clear winner, and the first round was an obvious 10-8 candidate.

A Maldonado win would be indefensible, imo, while a Fedor win can be defended only by how stringent 10-8s have historically been given out. To be clear, I think it still was wrong to give Fedor the victory, but at least it would be consistent. Giving Maldonado the win, however, would be totally out of the left field, essentially using Pride criteria instead of the stated scoring system.

well said, +1

Fedor is one my favorite fighters ever, but that fight should have been stopped in the first round. A draw was the best that he could have hoped for.

why should it be stopped if he came back to win the rest of the fight after that 1 minute sequence on the ground?

should brock-carwin have been stopped?

It's so clearly a draw, I don't even get the people stating anything else. Get some bias can come in if your a Fedor fan, or a hater. But he got beat down R1 and than edged out 2 and 3 narrowly .

I dn't know man, 1st round was nasty. You can easely have it stopped there.

Because the first 1.30 of the round went to Fedor, I'd score Round 1 10-8 for Fabio. 2 & 3 i got 10-9 Fedor.

Draw would be fair.

everyone should rewatch the first round closely, especially 3:43 until 2:40 and what happens before and after this sequence, 10-8 fine, stop the fight? hell no. 10-7? GTFO,

in reality fedor was winning the round until he got dropped at 3:43, got up a minute later after defending best he could/rolling with punches best he could, and after he got up at 2:40 he didnt lose the rest of the round or barely lost the rest of the round, even wobbled fabio at 1:48.

obviously this debate will go on and on , but in the history books it will be a win (even if it should have been a draw in my own opinion)

I'm not really seeing a point in the 1st round where it should have been stopped, Fabio drops him but almost straight away he's looking to improve position and get a body lock from the bottom, when he does start to GnP him its not a direct followup to the knockdown and to my eye he's not really landing with power punches so much as looking to force a stoppage by showing lack of defence yet Fedor does improve position a good deal before the point where you might expect a stoppage.

What made that round look bad was IMHO Fedor doing the legendary Fujita fish dance when he got back to his feet but I think that was much more a case of his balance being messed up(punch looked behind the ear to me) rather than him actually being totally out of it. After that point Fabio didn't exactly dominate him either, he looked to push forward a few times but only landed good shots in one of them.

Add as well that the round wasn't totally one sided and I think we've seen more dominant rounds not given 10-8, SHogun/Hendo rd 5 comes to mind where Dan had almost zero offence and was mounted for most of the round taking punches.

Beyond that as well I think we've seen loads of wins that exploited a lack of a 10-8 in a more undeserving fashion, Fedor didn't LnP or fence clinch Fabio for the rest of the fight he unloaded on him much of the time and indeed I would argue Fabio was in the 2nd less than Fedor was in the 1st although of course he wasn't knocked down.

Last edited:
Back