I am the biggest fedor fan around[Fedor vs Fabio scoring discussion]

Who did you score the fight for?

• Total voters
I voted and scored it a draw.I would not argue if you said Fedor lost. Fedor is older now and of course he's not the same as Pride. People need to stop with the unrealistic expectations. Anderson Silva same thing! he's not the same anymore either.

Fedor landed one clean body shot during that rd.1 flurry and the rest were blocked . Sure that shit counts, but it doesn't negate the fact he was almost finished multiple times and it was easily the most significant offense of the entire fight. Easy 10-8 rd and closer to a 10-7 rd than a 10-9. His heart was still there but you could see how badly hurt he was . We've never seen him flopping around a cage with that level of atrocious defense.

You never saw the Fujita fight? He was probably flopping worse in that one.

But still, it was two minutes of the fight. It's not like he was showing signs of that beat down for the rest of the fight either. He was on his toes throwing combos. That's another thing I didn't really see in this fight. The supposed "gassing", like it was Kimbo/Dada or something. They seemed alright for two big guys in a very active HW fight.

Anyways, I suggest you watch the fight again, without the emotion that comes with watching it live. I honestly can not think of another fight, where I have seen this level of hyperbole about a supposed "ass-kicking". Hendricks/GSP is close, but I think this one tops it.

10-9 or 10-8 is acceptable for the first round. Some did one, some did the other.

I'm a huge advocate for more variety in scores than just 10-9, however, that said,
10-7 is just fucking retarded.

It's not as if the round was 5 minutes of 1-sided ass-whipping.
It's not even as if Maldo got his 2 minutes in and the other 3 were uneventful.
For at least half the round, Fedor was clearly and decisively winning.

I'd give it a 9

I score the fight a draw, 10-8 (Fabio), 10-9 (Fedor), 10-9 (Fedor).

However I don't care about the result because the fight was clearly a fix. The ref, the scoring, the circumstances surrounding how Fabio suddenly stops fighting in 2 and 3 except to jab Fedor's belly now and then... everything crooked. Even the announcer was hinting at it.

I don't think it was a fix but the ref and the judges I'm sure were definitely on Fedor's side before the match even began.

Draw.

I gave Fabio a 10-8 first round.

Then it should've still been a draw.. this is bullshit.

The debate is over round 1. Was it a 10-9 or a 10-8. That is hardly bull****. I see fights all the time where I thought it should have been 10-8 but they score it 10-9. And one of the 3 judges did think it was a draw. So you have an issue with 2 judges who saw it as a 10-9 instead of a 10-8. That makes it even less BS.

The debate is over round 1. Was it a 10-9 or a 10-8. That is hardly bull****. I see fights all the time where I thought it should have been 10-8 but they score it 10-9. And one of the 3 judges did think it was a draw. So you have an issue with 2 judges who saw it as a 10-9 instead of a 10-8. That makes it even less BS.

If the situation were reversed and Fedor was the one laying down the beating on Fabio the first round wouldn't have been 10-8 or 10-9 because the fight would have been stopped with Fedor's hand raised. Wake up.

If the situation were reversed and Fedor was the one laying down the beating on Fabio the first round wouldn't have been 10-8 or 10-9 because the fight would have been stopped with Fedor's hand raised. Wake up.

Perhaps, but irrelevant to the conversation. Wake up.

Perhaps, but irrelevant to the conversation. Wake up.

It's not irrelevant. If you beat someone down to the point where the fight should have been stopped multiple times and control a majority of the round as well that deserves a 10-8. Fabio was never hurt earlier in that round and he was deflecting most of Fedor's shots. Fedor was winning the round for the first minute and a half but it was nothing that significant.

Fedor won round 2 and 3 but lost 1 badly maybe thats why people think Moldonado won. Although I would have drawn this fight, A fedor win is not a robbery by any means. Fedor landed more shots in rounds 2 and 3. This fight shows us that Fedor really has a solid chin and that Henderson did not KO him.

Evidently you are not the biggest fan as Fedor won round 2 and 3 clearly.

IDK, I think he won maybe cuz he maintained the pace and aggression but he ate a lot of counters

Just rewatched this fight. People need to choose their words more carefully. It makes no sense to say "Draw at best". How is this a Draw "at best"? Fedor clearly won round 2 and also won round 3 unless you think Fabio's jabs outweigh Fedor's blitzes with knees and punches (they don't). Unless you are trying to be contrarian, there is no debate as to who won which rounds. The only debate is whether Round 1 is a 10-8 or 10-9 for Maldonado. I think it's an interesting debate. Fedor won the first minute of the round, the next 2 1/1 minutes were all Maldonado, Fedor came back and the rest of the round was decently even. The fight could have been scored a Draw and probably should have been, but no way could it have been scored against Fedor. It makes no sense.

There are two ways to score this fight:
Round 1 10-18 Maldonado
Round 2 10-9 Fedor
Round 3 10-9 Fedor
28-28 Draw

or

Round 1 10-9 Maldonado
Round 2 10-9 Fedor
Round 3 10-19 Fedor
29-28 Fedor

People need to stop with this "Fabio won" nonsense. Please explain how he could have won this fight. You think round 1 was a 10-7? Please. We have seen more dominant rounds be scored 10-9 and fights not stopped. People just like to complain because Fedor is an all time great and he is polarizing. Comments like this are ridiculous:

First round was 10-8 every day of the week, last two could be 10-9 in either direction.

If you thought rounds 2 and 3 could have gone in "either direction" you are very poor at scoring fights.

Just rewatched this fight. People need to choose their words more carefully. It makes no sense to say "Draw at best". How is this a Draw "at best"? Fedor clearly won round 2 and also won round 3 unless you think Fabio's jabs outweigh Fedor's blitzes with knees and punches (they don't). Unless you are trying to be contrarian, there is no debate as to who won which rounds. The only debate is whether Round 1 is a 10-8 or 10-9 for Maldonado. I think it's an interesting debate. Fedor won the first minute of the round, the next 2 1/1 minutes were all Maldonado, Fedor came back and the rest of the round was decently even. The fight could have been scored a Draw and probably should have been, but no way could it have been scored against Fedor. It makes no sense.

Round 1 10-18 Maldonado
Round 2 10-9 Fedor
Round 3 10-9 Fedor
28-28 Draw

or

Round 1 10-9 Maldonado
Round 2 10-9 Fedor
Round 3 10-19 Fedor
29-28 Fedor

People need to stop with this "Fabio won" nonsense. Please explain how he could have won this fight. You think round 1 was a 10-7? Please. We have seen more dominant rounds be scored 10-9 and fights not stopped. People just like to complain because Fedor is an all time great and he is polarizing. Comments like this are ridiculous:

If you thought rounds 2 and 3 could have gone in "either direction" you are very poor at scoring fights.
1st 10-8 for Maldonado because near finish . Fight started and my stream cut out and it came back on right when Fedor went down , "AAAAHHHHH NONONONO WTF IS HAPPENINGGGG ???????!!!!!!!!!!!" - Me .

Round 1 10-18 Maldonado
Round 2 10-9 Fedor
Round 3 10-9 Fedor
28-28 Draw

or

Round 1 10-9 Maldonado
Round 2 10-9 Fedor
Round 3 10-19 Fedor
29-28 Fedor

Many never even watched fight and only “heard” about the first round. They choose to not watch or ignore the beating Fedor delivered on round 2 and 3.

Sweet, I was scrolling through this thread and found my old account. I had forgotten this user name because I hardly ever got on here lol

That first round was a 10-9 Fabio. Fedor took the next two. Case Closed.
Jack Webber

It's too bad they never had a rematch.

The first fight was great. Not enough people appreciated Fabio stepping up, and not enough people appreciated Fedor's comeback.

I just watched the fight again. Been a couple of years since I saw it. I forgot one of the judges scored the fight a draw.

In PRIDE scoring, Fabio would have won, but they were not fighting in PRIDE.
I scored it a draw, with a 10-8 Maldonado in the 1st, Fedor edging the other 2.
I wasn't that suprised to see Fedor got the nod, since I know that some judges need a near death experience to give a 10-8

There have been way worse décisions in MMA.

Still, the draw would have been more accurate

I scored it for Fedor and while I don't have a problem with the idea of scoring it a draw, I think that the commentary surrounding this fight has always been hyperbolic as hell.

He clearly won rounds 2-3, and the 1st wasn't so one-sided that it justified a no-questions-asked 10-8.

People just went nuts seeing Maldonado clobbering Fedor.

Back