I am the biggest fedor fan around[Fedor vs Fabio scoring discussion]

Who did you score the fight for?

• Total voters
This was not that bad for Fedor as some were posting here, but he def looked old, still very fun fight, he came back after that bad 1st round beatdown, and controlled the 2nd and 3rd, but somehow looked more gassed and beaten up than Fabio, I got the impression that maldonado didn't want to push that hard in the last, voted for Fedor, simply because how he fought, hands down pressing with that movement and catching everything from Maldonadi, he prob should have go for a TD,
Hunt would KO him in to unconsciousness

Fedor won 2 and 3, but obviously Fabio had a big RD 1. Thing is, even though it was close to being stopped - once Fedor recovered, he started mounting his own offense for the rest of the round, even though he lost the round - this made the judges give 10-9's and thus Fedor won the fight fair and square imo.

If Fedor had been dropped and then kept down for the rest of the round - like what happened between Glover and Fabio or mounted next to no offense then that is a 10-8. The fight probably would have been stopped in the UFC though.

Last edited:
Fedor won 2 and 3, but obviously Fabio had a big RD 1. Thing is, even though it was close to being stopped - once Fedor recovered, he started mounting his own offense for the rest of the round, even though he lost the round - this made the judges give 10-9's and thus Fedor won the fight fair and square imo.

If Fedor had been dropped and then kept down for the rest of the round - like what happened between Glover and Fabio or mounted next to no offense then that is a 10-8. The fight probably would have been stopped in the UFC though.

Come on man. At best, it's a 10-8 round. Arguably 10-7. Best case scenario for Fedor is a draw of this was scored with integrity.

Biut that was the biggest robbery ever. Draw is debatable but this is bullshit SMH
You are incorrect ,Fedor won the 2nd and 3rd rnds .Maldonado had a great first rnd and under MMA scoring per rnd was way to defensive to think backing away and covering up like a turtle was going to win him that fight .I dont even see how any judge can call this fight a draw ,thats just incompetence when Fedor was clearly landing more in those 2nd and 3rd rnds . Maldonado clearly was sleep walking playing counter puncher but let the fight slip away due to fighting like a zombie .

What this fight does show once again is Fedors struggles in a cage and struggles with legit strikers with a jab ,he literally was confused by Maldonados jab ,even ones to the body hat mae him reset and frustrate him. The age card can be played but the game has changed and even low level caliber Maldonado showed that . Fedor did waste punches and fought dumb ,not picking shots and a better fighter would have finished Fedor yesterday. UFC should not dismiss him though,i would still like to see him get a chance if thats what they are doing .

That's some crazy revisionist history right there.

Look, I would've liked nothing more than to have watched Fedor get completely dominated like some are going on about. The simple fact is, he wasn't. Watch the fight again, and tell me that the vast majority of the fight doesn't see Fedor as the aggressor, who is constantly walking Fabio down and is being the more active fighter. Tell me how those last two rounds aren't easily 10-9 Fedor rounds.

You guys put way too much emphasis into that first round flurry. That was literally Fabio's only moment of offence in the entire fight.

An argument could be made for a draw, but to argue that Fabio got robbed of a victory is absolutely ridiculous. You don't win fights on two minutes of offense.

Lol you kids must be new to MMA/CB sports. Whining about a legend being given a majority decision in his hometown in what 99% of people scored a DRAW is far from a robbery, certainly nowhere near the biggest robbery ever as OP is claiming. Give it a rest already. Maldonado kicked Fedors ass in the 1st but dropped the next two... You don't do that when fighting in someones backyard, especially Fedor.

How the fuck was it a 10-8 when Fedor had Maldo against the cage in serious trouble at the start of the round?

Even Bigfoot-Fedor round 2 was scored 10-9 by all the judges.

Dummy.

Man you really shouldn't score fights there buddy. And bad scorecards from judges in other fights doesn't back up your case. Fedor will ALWAYS be my favorite fighter and the goat in my eyes, but holy shit was that hard to watch. Closer to a 10-7 round than a 10-9. If you don't at least give that a 10-8 you really have no business sharing your opinion on anything mma related.

Fabio deserved to lose, he def won first round 10-8 then coasted to a loss

Look, I would've liked nothing more than to have watched Fedor get completely dominated like some are going on about. The simple fact is, he wasn't. Watch the fight again, and tell me that the vast majority of the fight doesn't see Fedor as the aggressor, who is constantly walking Fabio down and is being the more active fighter. Tell me how those last two rounds aren't easily 10-9 Fedor rounds.

You guys put way too much emphasis into that first round flurry. That was literally Fabio's only moment of offence in the entire fight.

An argument could be made for a draw, but to argue that Fabio got robbed of a victory is absolutely ridiculous. You don't win fights on two minutes of offense.

So many idiots in this thread. I don't even know what to say.

Remember when this was supposed to be another tune up fight for Fedor?:D

Remember when this was supposed to be another tune up fight for Fedor?:D

I told some of my friends that this fight was going to be for a good measuring stick for where Fedor stands in the current landscape. If he went out and blasted Maldonado out inside of the 1st rd then it wouldn't be ridiculous to suggest that he's still floating around somewhere in the top 20, but if he labored to a decision or struggled then it was safe to say he's done. Unfortunately the latter occurred.

10-9 Maldonado
10-9 Fedor
10-9 Fedor.

Okay he got rocked, but Fedor did land alot of good punches and stun Maldonado in the first round. It wanst like Maldonado dominated, he caught Fedor with one lucky punch and thats all he did.

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? STUNNED in rd 1 from a flurry of blocked punches ?!? please re-watch round one again and try to tell me he landed "one" punch.....

You guys are fucking the most delusional nut huggers I've ever seen. No one loves fedor more than me and I was legit depressed at the end of the bell (in my rvca fedor shirt btw).

I'll give you a pass since you probably just started watching mma or your a troll but jesus christ sherdog.

Do any of you actually believe you would've scored the fight for Maldonado if their performances were swapped ?

I'll give you a pass since you probably just started watching mma or your a troll but jesus christ sherdog.

Shut up, or come up with an actual counter argument why Fabio should've won that fight.

"He knocked him down, and hurt him a few times!"

And what did he do for the rest of the thirteen minutes of the fight? Oh' that's right, stood and covered up with his back to the cage, as Fedor used him as a punching bag.

BsBan_Account#3 incoming...

Fedor win but why didn't he use his Sambo. And gnp and submission.

That's exactly what I thought .. Maybe he was trying to out box a boxer... If that's the case he got his ass handled..

Shut up, or come up with an actual counter argument why Fabio should've won that fight.

"He knocked him down, and hurt him a few times!"

And what did he do for the rest of the thirteen minutes of the fight? Oh' that's right, stood and covered up with his back to the cage, as Fedor used him as a punching bag.

BsBan_Account#3 incoming...

Dude I'm not even saying Fabio won the fight . It was a clear draw . I don't disagree with what you're saying for rds 2+3, but if you guys don't think that fight could easily been stopped at points in rd 1 you're delusional.

I wasn't even mad when he won, the opposite actually. I'm way more upset that "hardcore" mma fans who have been watching for over a decade can't score or watch a fight objectively .

Care to point out any other moment in the fight that Fabio won? Or was even aggressive in?

Nothing besides the first round. But that's all he needed to get the draw. Again, I don't think Fabio should have won . Just wish we could all just admit we're happy Fedor was on the good side of a bad decision instead of trying to justify it's a 10-9 rd because there's been worse scorecards in mma history, like the idiot who keeps bringing up rd.2 of the bigfoot fight . My gripe is with those idiots and the ones who said fabio landed "1 punch", like were we watching the same fucking fight?

There's no doubt in my mind you would be making the same argument for Fedor getting a 10-8 first round if the roles were reversed .

If 1rst round was 10-9, then the other ones should have been like 10-9.7....

That's like the whole problem with this 10-something scoring.

Nothing besides the first round. But that's all he needed to get the draw. Again, I don't think Fabio should have won . Just wish we could all just admit we're happy Fedor was on the good side of a bad decision instead of trying to justify it's a 10-9 rd because there's been worse scorecards in mma history, like the idiot who keeps bringing up rd.2 of the bigfoot fight . My gripe is with those idiots and the ones who said fabio landed "1 punch", like were we watching the same fucking fight?

There's no doubt in my mind you would be making the same argument for Fedor getting a 10-8 first round if the roles were reversed .

No I wouldn't. I do not care for Fedor whatsoever. I'm judging the fight fairly. What was Fabio doing before he caught Fedor? Standing against the cage in full turtle mode, as Fedor tee'd off on him. That shit counts on the cards. It's certainly arguable for a 10-8 round, but not definitively so.

People are talking about that round like it was Round 1 of Brock/Carwin. Going so far as to even suggest a 10-7 round. It simply wasn't that lopsided.

No I wouldn't. I do not care for Fedor whatsoever. I'm judging the fight fairly. What was Fabio doing before he caught Fedor? Standing against the cage in full turtle mode, as Fedor tee'd off on him. That shit counts on the cards. It's certainly arguable for a 10-8 round, but not definitively so.

People are talking about that round like it was Round 1 of Brock/Carwin. Going so far as to even suggest a 10-7 round. It simply wasn't that lopsided.

Fedor landed one clean body shot during that rd.1 flurry and the rest were blocked . Sure that shit counts, but it doesn't negate the fact he was almost finished multiple times and it was easily the most significant offense of the entire fight. Easy 10-8 rd and closer to a 10-7 rd than a 10-9. His heart was still there but you could see how badly hurt he was . We've never seen him flopping around a cage with that level of atrocious defense.

Back