I actually wish PPVs were on Fridays regularly instead of Saturdays

Lethal_Striker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It seems like a much better fit. It allows you much more freedom to going out on Saturday nights, Fridays just seems more like a guys just hanging out at one of your buddies place drinking beers while Saturday is more of a going out type of night. Plus with it being on Fridays more people work during the day so it seems like getting to the point of the night to watch the PPV comes sooner since you're not just sitting around at home waiting for the PPV to start.

Going out on Saturday night.
<36>
This is Sherdog, bro.

Last edited:
Friday's a work day so it's harder to sell ppv's when everyone's just coming home from work this is an exception since it's almost new years

Unfortunately I'm not able to watch tonight's fight. I made plans thinking it was on a Saturday. Since you're in STL as well, I hope Mike Duffy's airs the fight cause that's where I'll be.

It allows you much more freedom to going out on Saturday nights
Saturday night is essentially a work night cause you can't stay out very late on saturday because in Jesus's america you have to get up at 4am sunday morning to get ready for church. Saturday night may as well be like tuesday night. Saturday is the best night for sports because people will be at home early cause they need to go to bed early to prepare for the sabbath day.. The day that god rested... and Resting is clearly defined as getting up at the butt crack of dawn to go to a 6 hour church session. Plus you always have to go to church after an MMA night to repent for your sins of promoting violence and homo erotic touching of other shirtless men.
Another factor is friday is a work day and the prelims often start early enough int he day that people are still at work

Last edited:
Me too. Come home from work and fights are on shortly after. Saturday you wait all day and then ready for bed by the time the main event hits.

I would have agreed when single. As a married guy, Saturday cards mean I can plant my ass on a leather lounger starting at like 5 and tell my kids they can either touch me with teh jab SO WE CAN FUCKING DANCE or else go piss off. And because it's all planned out I'm still a good dad and husband just by virtue of not banging strange trim on a Saturday night.

By the time this thread closes its just going to be a bunch of crabby dudes bitching about their kids and wives.
tumwc.gif

Not for me. I work nights... :/

I agree so me and my gf can do more stuff.
This is my gf
metallic-mini-party-tight-fun-pencil-sexy-fitted-cocktail-formal-chic-skirt-52.gif

so just dvr the ppv and watch it the following friday. problem solved. it's the same as when people on the east coast argue that the events should start at 7pm. you don't think these businesses have done a lot of research to get the biggest audience possible?

Me too. I love this. Usually have so many family/friend obligations on Saturday night. I love to stay at home and order food on Friday nights, anyway. This is great.

Back