Hypothetical: Prime Mighty Mouse at UFC 1

MM looks a lot less impressive at 135lbs because he struggles with the size and is fighting at pretty much his natural in shape weight. That 10lbs up in weight clearly makes a big difference. A guy like Shamrock would have 70-80lbs on him. It's just way too much.

MM looks a lot less impressive at 135lbs because he struggles with the size and is fighting at pretty much his natural in shape weight. That 10lbs up in weight clearly makes a big difference. A guy like Shamrock would have 70-80lbs on him. It's just way too much.

That's where I get caught up. Mighty Mouse could bulk up and use PEDs, probably walk into the cage around 155 if he really wanted to. But I'm wondering if he'd stop being MM along the way and lose a lot of what makes him so dominant in his own niche. He'd still be light years ahead of the competition technically, but it's a trade-off nonetheless.

I think in a weird sort of way, the threat spectrum for Mighty Mouse is sort of reversed in a counter-intuitive way. The champ Royce is, stylistically, IMO the easiest match-up for him. While most of MM's grappling experience is no-gi, he's been training in the gi since Feb. 2015 and has already earned his Brown Belt under Matt Hume and Bibiano Fernandes. Knowing that, I think he's aware enough of the gi game to avoid getting choked out like Ken did. This is assuming the fight even goes to the ground; the more likely outcome I see is DJ dancing around and stuffing Royce's sloppy TDs while boxing him up on the feet. Royce was hesitant to strike (even on the ground) and also doesn't seem like the kind to instantly resort to brute-forcing against a smaller guy. DJ would just be a surprise for him.

Conversely, the big percentage threats for DJ are the various heavyweight strikers, many of which are/were champions from their respective sports. I know Mighty Mouse has never been KO'd in his career, but when you're talking about him eating a punch from a guy who has 13" and ~100 pounds on him (in the case of Rozier), it's a whole different ball game. All it takes is one slip-up. And yet, if he gets any of them on their back...

Mind directing me to where else this thread has been posted here?

He has lost 2 of 19 fights at 135.

And yet plenty of people are engaging with it and you decided to drop this ever so "thought provoking" reply. Grow up.

Torres and cruz destroyed him

Torres and cruz destroyed him

He beat Torres by UD and Cruz in turn did the same to him. I was responding to your claim that "he couldn't win fights at 135" which is demonstrably untrue given his record. No one's saying he's the Bantamweight GOAT.

He beat Torres by UD and Cruz in turn did the same to him. I was responding to your claim that "he couldn't win fights at 135" which is demonstrably untrue given his record. No one's saying he's the Bantamweight GOAT.

Dont try and make it about that

Hes overrated and would potentially die in the octagon at UFC 1, its not like hes known for good bjj, hes subs are rousey level where he gets them only due to phsyicality which is gone when fighting actual men

Dont try and make it about that

Hes overrated and would potentially die in the octagon at UFC 1, its not like hes known for good bjj, hes subs are rousey level where he gets them only due to phsyicality which is gone when fighting actual men

12 submission victories, some of which were against guys that are BJJ Black Belts. You want to say that DJ's dominance would translate against bigger opponents, that's one thing. I might even agree with that stance. But this passive-aggressive nonsense where apparently all of Mighty Mouse's opponents haven't been "actual men" (whatever the fuck that means) is really weird.

I did, actually. I searched "Demetrious Johnson UFC 1" and "Mighty Mouse UFC 1" and got nothing, I'm assuming because I searched from the UFC Discussion page. The previous thread only pops up when I search from the base forums. I had no idea the filter was applied unless you used an advanced search. But sure, by all means continue being condescending.
this took me 2 fucking seconds.

lazy cunt.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mighty-mouse-ufc-1.4042199/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/would-mighty-mouse-have-won-ufc-1.3691837/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mighty-mouse-in-ufc-1.3628947/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mighty-mouse-would-win-ufc-1-with-ease.3522465/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/would-mighty-mouse-win-ufc-1-tournament.2847307/

12 submission victories, some of which were against guys that are BJJ Black Belts. You want to say that DJ's dominance would translate against bigger opponents, that's one thing. I might even agree with that stance. But this passive-aggressive nonsense where apparently all of Mighty Mouse's opponents haven't been "actual men" (whatever the fuck that means) is really weird.

Come on man thats trolling, I cant say anything in jest?

The main point is hed lose at ufc1

Bullshit. Once again, I searched from the UFC Discussion subforum without knowing it would automatically filter the results. All of those threads you just listed save one are in different subs. The one that is in the UFC Discussion subforum doesn't pop up in the 10 pages brought back by searching "Mighty Mouse UFC 1". Do I need to get screenshots or can you kindly fuck off?

Come on man thats trolling, I cant say anything in jest?

The main point is hed lose at ufc1

Poe's Law. Considering the stupid shit people say on a regular basis on Sherdog and it was interwoven with your argument of DJ being overrated, it's not clear at all that it was in jest.

Bullshit. Once again, I searched from the UFC Discussion subforum without knowing it would automatically filter the results. All of those threads you just listed save one are in different subs. The one that is in the UFC Discussion subforum doesn't pop up in the 10 pages brought back by searching "Mighty Mouse UFC 1". Do I need to get screenshots or can you kindly fuck off?
oh now because they're not in the "UFC Discussion" sub forum means these Mighty Mouse in UFC 1 threads are not Mighty Mouse in UFC 1 threads?

<36>

you are quite the dumbass.

Poe's Law. Considering the stupid shit people say on a regular basis on Sherdog and it was interwoven with your argument of DJ being overrated, it's not clear at all that it was in jest.

Im not one of the guys who thinks id beat a ufc fighter cause im 6'2", im just meming

Dj is overrated to me, and plagued the product for 7 years

oh now because they're not in the "UFC Discussion" sub forum means these Mighty Mouse in UFC 1 threads are not Mighty Mouse in UFC 1 threads?

<36>

you are quite the dumbass.

Try to actually read the posts you're responding to, dipshit. You accused me of not using the search function. I did, I just made the mistake of doing so while on the UFC Discussion subforum which apparently filters out results from other subs. This was my mistake and I wholeheartedly admit it. I'll take that over being an illiterate, condescending prick any day, though.

Im not one of the guys who thinks id beat a ufc fighter cause im 6'2", im just meming

Dj is overrated to me, and plagued the product for 7 years

Fair enough. I don't agree, but I can respect the view.

Try to actually read the posts you're responding to, dipshit. You accused me of not using the search function. I did, I just made the mistake of doing so while on the UFC Discussion subforum which apparently filters out results from other subs. This was my mistake and I wholeheartedly admit it. I'll take that over being an illiterate, condescending prick any day, though.
learn how to use the search function, dumbass.

No dice. I'm not the one who came in to angrily post in a thread that you're apparently sick of seeing and then continued to argue about the search function for a few pages.

No dice. I'm not the one who came in to angrily post in a thread that you're apparently sick of seeing and then continued to argue about the search function for a few pages.
5 posts = been arguing for a few pages.

<36>

you're just mad because i told you the search function is easy to use and you still don't know how to use it.

5 posts = been arguing for a few pages.

<36>

you're just mad because i told you the search function is easy to use and you still don't know how to use it.

Wow, you really are this big of a fucktard. Incredible.

Back