Hypothetical: Prime Mighty Mouse at UFC 1

MM is one of my favorite fighters but he would have gotten throw out the octagon like Jazz by Uncle Phil on the Fresh Prince

SecretSleepyIndianelephant-small.gif

I would take DJ over Royce. Unless Royce ball shots him like he did to Ken in fight 3..

But Ken would take him IMO. Even for that era he was fairly well rounded. Could strike a little, could wrestle, and had some good submissions..

Royce was the only one who knew any BJJ and he's bigger.
Shamrock didn't even last 1 minute against Royce in UFC 1, Royce dived for a take down, didn't get it, pulled guard, reversed and then choked him out. There's no reason to think DJ couldn't do the same in my opinion. I think he'd beat Royce too but swapping him for Royce was easiest as it gives a Shamrock fight and the final.

UFC 1 Ken would look horrible in modern day MMA. He had poor striking and dropped for bad footlocks that people tapped to because noone knew what they were doing at the time. DJ would likely know enough to heel hook him if he so desired.

Ken would be too big for DJ and he had good wrestling, I doubt he would be going for footlocks in a match where he has 50lbs on someone.

Royce was the only one who knew any BJJ and he's bigger.
Shamrock didn't even last 1 minute against Royce in UFC 1, Royce dived for a take down, didn't get it, pulled guard, reversed and then choked him out. There's no reason to think DJ couldn't do the same in my opinion. I think he'd beat Royce too but swapping him for Royce was easiest as it gives a Shamrock fight and the final.

Royce basically choked him out with his pajama's..

P4P he would be the more skilled but some guys way more bigger than him would beat him like Pardoel or whatever was the name of that czech judoka

He beats every body but Royce and ken I'm not sure about, cejudo I would give the same odds. Holloway khabib and all the bigger champs dominate pretty easily, I'm pretty certain

Mighty Mouse VS that Sumo Wrestler would have been awesome to see.

Mighty Mouse vs Ken Shamrock, book it Dana you fucking GOOF

YOU-FUCKIN-KIDDIN-RIGHT-NOW.gif

how many more times do i need to see this exact fucking thread?

There is a balancing scale with size on one side and skill on the other. When you have next to no grappling skill (I cannot emphasize enough just how clueless almost all of the early UFC competitors were as far as grappling), it's incredible how well a smaller but very skilled person like MM could theoretically do against those bigger fighters of the time.

But then again Gerard Goudeau might just rip one of MM's eyeball out and punch him in his nuts with it, so who knows?

Dj couldnt win fights at 135, why do you think hed beat actual men

People act like wrestling and grappling is some newfound thing and Ken wouldn’t be able to outwrestle Mighty Mouse. Newsflash, both arts have been around a long time. Ken was knowledgeable enough, with a huge size advantage and steroids.

The first UFC was a marketing ploy for the Gracies, pitting unknowledgeable martial artists against Royce for unknowledgeable fans to eat up.

I'm not really sure how this kind of thread will be received here, but what kind of newly-minted Yellow Belt would I be if I didn't post something silly immediately after earning the privilege?

Say we have a functional time machine. Demetrious Johnson in his prime (whenever you determine that to be) volunteers to get sent back to 1993 where he'll enter UFC 1, replacing Zane Frazier in his tournament bracket. He'll get a three-month camp before the transition and there's obviously nothing stopping him from reading up on who his historical opponents will be. If he wins, he'll go on to enter the subsequent tournaments as well.

DJ will get to wear handwraps and modern fingerless gloves if he's so inclined, but otherwise the ruleset will be old school NHB in terms of time limits, scoring, permitted techniques, etc. In addition, he's not locked into his current modern fighting weight obviously.

The idea is to see if the MMA game has evolved to such a degree that one of the most well-rounded, elite fighters P4P can overcome dudes much bigger than himself. If not, then how far up do we have to go (in terms of weight class or skill) before we find a modern fighter who could mop the floor with the early UFC competition?

EDIT: Mods can feel free to add a poll if they happen upon this.

Good thread, interesting thought

Hypothetical: this thread being thought provoking.

Steamrolls until he runs into Tank Abbott. Tank by whatever he wanted

Back